Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He had some really good years. It seems pretty harsh to consider him a bum and wasted talent.

It didn't work out in the end. But he was also a really useful and important part of some Cubs bullpens during one of the best stretches in franchise history.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He was outstanding for awhile. It's just a shame that he turned out so bad when he was entering his baseball player prime years.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    He was outstanding for awhile. It's just a shame that he turned out so bad when he was entering his baseball player prime years.
    I'm not sure he's done. He was bad last year but BP arms have bad years. Pitchers get roughed up in Arizona often. I'll hold off judgement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Team Israel closer Jonathan de Marte. I love it! Another little to no risk minor league pen signing

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Bryan has a good grasp on prospects, but sometimes I think he just likes everybody too much if that makes sense. I guess there is a path for somebody like him or Short to make the team. Who gets left off though?

Contreras, Caratini, Rizz, Bote, Descalso, Kipnis, Javy, Bryant, Schwarber, Happ, Almora, Heyward, Souza

Idk. Giambrone has some pop and thatís nice and all, but he doesnít hit for average, he doesnít get on base, and he strikes out a ton. Does that really help us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably better then Descalso, or Pena would [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Probably better then Descalso, or Pena would [emoji2369]
    I mean, he had an 83 wRC+ in AAA and a .323 wOBA. Using the MLB Equivalency Calculator by Dynasty Guru, that's good for a .193 wOBA in the Majors. Descalso had a .238 wOBA last year. Steamer projects Giambrone at .275 wOBA and a 66 wRC+, ZiPS is at .285 and a 73 wRC+. Descalso is at 79/81 wRC+ projections by both.

I don't think people realize how bad an 83 wRC+ was at AAA last year.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 02-25-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I wouldn't know. Being a Comcast customer, I can't get Marquee.... Sure hope they step up soon, or I am gone.
    I was going to say if you have MLB.TV you can watch the ST games.

I have Comcast as well, but the ST games arenít blacked out and Iím able to watch the Marquee broadcasts

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I was going to say if you have MLB.TV you can watch the ST games.

I have Comcast as well, but the ST games arenít blacked out and Iím able to watch the Marquee broadcasts
    In Chicago you can watch the MLB network and if the game is televised there you get it? We are talking about 1 channel, right. I think it is 233. Or are you talking about buying the MLB package? And in that case, I do not think the game is on in Chicago. I think that is blacked out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FabianArd...58671306260482

That might be Joe Maddonís finest quote yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I mean, he had an 83 wRC+ in AAA and a .323 wOBA. Using the MLB Equivalency Calculator by Dynasty Guru, that's good for a .193 wOBA in the Majors. Descalso had a .238 wOBA last year. Steamer projects Giambrone at .275 wOBA and a 66 wRC+, ZiPS is at .285 and a 73 wRC+. Descalso is at 79/81 wRC+ projections by both.

I don't think people realize how bad an 83 wRC+ was at AAA last year.
    Those are some ugly numbers.

I think he would struggle to make a 30 man roster. Or even higher.

In Chicago you can watch the MLB network and if the game is televised there you get it? We are talking about 1 channel, right. I think it is 233. Or are you talking about buying the MLB package? And in that case, I do not think the game is on in Chicago. I think that is blacked out.
    I don't know how much the people that work at Comcast know about negotiations of the Marquee Network, but this is what I read yesterday. I follow Bleacher Nation on FB, just like I'm sure a lot of us Cub fans do. There were several posters that said that they were told by Comcast reps that they are not going to be carrying the Marquee Network at all.

Maybe give Comcast a call and see what they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I don't know how much the people that work at Comcast know about negotiations of the Marquee Network, but this is what I read yesterday. I follow Bleacher Nation on FB, just like I'm sure a lot of us Cub fans do. There were several posters that said that they were told by Comcast reps that they are not going to be carrying the Marquee Network at all.

Maybe give Comcast a call and see what they are saying.
    I call often. no one has ever said that to me.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Iím talking about the MLB.TV package, not MLB Network. I have the MLB.TV yearly package and it streams the Cubs ST games from Marquee Network on it, and itís not blacked out for me, even with me living in Illinois right now.

Todayís game is being streamed on Marquee, and Iím watching right now on my iPad logged in to MLB.TV and itís working perfectly fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iím talking about the MLB.TV package, not MLB Network. I have the MLB.TV yearly package and it streams the Cubs ST games from Marquee Network on it, and itís not blacked out for me, even with me living in Illinois right now.

Todayís game is being streamed on Marquee, and Iím watching right now on my iPad logged in to MLB.TV and itís working perfectly fine for me
    Ok. So that would work for now, but not during the regular season. I think when the Cubs are in the mlb network last spring games were shown as well. Wonder if that will be the case this year. Regardless, I would love to see spring games, but the regular season is when I will take action.

I call often. no one has ever said that to me.
    I read that they were told this yesterday. That's what the other posters said.

Ok. So that would work for now, but not during the regular season. I think when the Cubs are in the mlb network last spring games were shown as well. Wonder if that will be the case this year. Regardless, I would love to see spring games, but the regular season is when I will take action.
    Yeah. Definitely wonít work during the season, but Spring Training is working fine

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast