Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    ESPN is about $8 a month. Why are viewers not crying about that? Especially in Chicago. If we add up every channel that used to carry the Cubs, I'm sure it's not zero. It may not be $4, but it certainly wan't free.

Every channel we have on our TV costs us money. I would love to see the itemized breakdown for every channel in packages offered.
    I can't speak for anybody else but I don't pay much attention to individual channel costs. I only still have cable because I negotiate a sweetheart deal with some extra premium channels for about 6 months out of every year. Dish does this because I've been a long time customer and I'll leave if they don't. I'm not paying any cable company 55-60 bucks a month for television. I can watch anything I want for free online easily. Live sports and DVR are the only reason for me to hold onto cable. And live sports are becoming easier and easier to watch on things like Kodi. I've had no problem with any spring training game yet. So it comes down to whether its worth it to me to either sign another contract, go with something like Hulu/live tv that costs $55 a month, or just cut the cable entirely and deal with no DVR and having to struggle watching some live sports maybe 5% of the time. I havn't decided yet, but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of just pirating marquee instead of switching to a new provider.

Anyone in Chicago or Chicago suburb use
    MLB.TV**through*MLB.com At Bat*for 25.99 month

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I have 200, and if I go with a streaming service I will want to stay at 200. My bill does not show that price, but I have it bundled now. If I get just one thing, internet I was told I would lose the bundle discount. I also rent the router.
    How do you like 200? I have 100 and think it's super quick so I cant imagine 200.

Router rental added in makes sense, I just bit the bullet and bought mine.

The real Pride of the Midwest

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    How do you like 200? I have 100 and think it's super quick so I cant imagine 200.

Router rental added in makes sense, I just bit the bullet and bought mine.
    I can probably speak for rcal because mine is also at 200 mbps. It’s really quick and effective. Well worth it IMO.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I mean, not having to worry about his ex's cancer sure freed up some time.
    His ex probably doesn’t worry about him.

MLBTR lists Darvish and Quintana as 2 of 6 possible trade targets for the Yankees after the Severino news.

They mention how Darvish will not currently waive his no-trade, but they also mention that it switches from a full NTC into a 12-team NTC during the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    His ex probably doesn’t worry about him.
    Too busy worrying about the cancer.

Bregman has become the 7th Astro hitter to be HBP in the teams 5th spring training game. If this is what it’s like in spring training, imagine what it will be like when the real stuff begins.

Bergman’s response: “It was a splitter. "It just got away from him.". Yeah, you got hit intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Too busy worrying about the cancer.
    I sure hope she is finished with her cancer treatments and is happy and healthy now after all these years. As ****** as Lackey is for divorcing her during the worst form of cancer in any woman’s life, she is better off not being married to someone who would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    MLBTR lists Darvish and Quintana as 2 of 6 possible trade targets for the Yankees after the Severino news.

They mention how Darvish will not currently waive his no-trade, but they also mention that it switches from a full NTC into a 12-team NTC during the upcoming season.
    The Yankees are certainly desperate since Paxton is out for 3-4 months and German until June 5th. I wonder who needs to add something to a Quintana/Frazier trade? Clint is under control until 2025, so the Cubs.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 02-26-2020 at 11:06 PM.

http://twitter.com/MLBastian/status/1232743052831150080

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    The Yankees are certainly desperate since Paxton is out for 3-4 months and German until June 5th. I wonder who needs to add something to a Quintana/Frazier trade? Clint is under control until 2025, so the Cubs.
    If Q gets us Clint Frazier do that deal yesterday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    If Q gets us Clint Frazier do that deal yesterday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They mentioned Darvish too. Not sure he would agree to go, but if he did, what can the Cubs expect back for him? I do not want to do something like this, but I imagine there is a price. Not sure what it is. Q is the easier solution. Yankees have a lot of guys who could fit as a decent return back for Q. Frazier wouldn't be however.

El Mago

Not done with Comcast yet, conversations are occurring, but no update. We get the WOW deal done, which again does validate the terms that we’re offering. Market is saying they are fair and reasonable terms. I’m not sure what Comcast is waiting for. Look forward to getting them up before Opening Day.
    A quote from Crane Kenney this morning on 670 The Score regarding the Comcast/Marquee news

Kenney also says Sling isn’t likely to sign since they’re a part of Dish Network and they’re not going to carry RSNs “any time soon”, and YouTube TV isn’t likely to sign before the season either since “they’re looking differently at the market”.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 02-27-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast