Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    That would be cool. I've always liked his attitude.

I'm not really sure I see Lackey being a good coach. I'm sure "players should be screamed at" crowd will like him.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I was just curious why it would be news worthy that Ross "invited" him to camp. Does he need an invite in order to just stop by? Or does the invite have something to do with the organization?
    He could be simply there to help do a little spot coaching and throw BP. We have a family friend who's very close to Dennis Eckersley. The Cardinals invited him in the early 2000's to Cardinals camp and Eckersley, through our family friend, invited us down, too. He was never more than a guest thrower (that was both a cool and weird experience. It was the ST where Daryl Kile died. I'm in a picture with him. He was nice).

I'd assume that was the same here.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He could be simply there to help do a little spot coaching and throw BP. We have a family friend who's very close to Dennis Eckersley. The Cardinals invited him in the early 2000's to Cardinals camp and Eckersley, through our family friend, invited us down, too. He was never more than a guest thrower (that was both a cool and weird experience. It was the ST where Daryl Kile died. I'm in a picture with him. He was nice).

I'd assume that was the same here.
    Nice story.

If there's an actual presser, I feel like it's going to be more than Eck thing. We never know.

I think Hendricks is probably most deserving of the opening day nod this year. Should be interesting.

Nice story.

If there's an actual presser, I feel like it's going to be more than Eck thing. We never know.
    Maybe. Or maybe it's just a welcome-back to a former WS player.

I doubt Ross is adding a random coach in February, personally.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Marquee Network has agreed to a deal with WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone.

Channel goes into effect beginning March 13th for WOW! Customers

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Update on Comcast negotiations via Evan Altman:

Sources have told CI it might be more than a month into the regular season before something gets worked out, and one subscriber was reportedly told by a Comcast customer service rep that the entire 2020 season is in jeopardy.

Ah, but there is still hope. According to Jack Segal, Vice President of Communications for Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region, the two sides are continuing to work toward an agreement and remain hopeful that something can be done to bring Marquee to Xfinity viewers in Chicago and beyond.

“I can confirm that we are in discussions with Marquee,” Segal told Cubs Insider. “Opening day is March 26. There’s still time between now and then.”
    https://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/02/...y-opening-day/

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Is this a good thing or bad things for us fans? Is it good or bad for us if the network does better? Does it really matter to us how well they do? Just curious.
    As a Comcast customer, I don't think it matters one way or another if Comcast pays 5$ per customer or 3$ per...

A friend of mine has Uverse and he still paying same amount with Marquee.

That said, maybe at some point in the future we see a price increase of a couple bucks and this may be the reason but they write it up as something else

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Update on Comcast negotiations via Evan Altman:

https://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/02/...y-opening-day/
    I will be long gone by opening day. I promise that. I think they are making a huge mistake holding out.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    As a Comcast customer, I don't think it matters one way or another if Comcast pays 5$ per customer or 3$ per...

A friend of mine has Uverse and he still paying same amount with Marquee.

That said, maybe at some point in the future we see a price increase of a couple bucks and this may be the reason but they write it up as something else
    I have heard the excuse that if they raise the price $4 people are leaving because they don't want to help the Ricketss get rich. That just annoys the hell out of me. We currently pay over $8 for the sports network we have. And we have no choice but to have it. So how is this any different. If anything, I remember hearing that HALF the viewing of that network was the Cubs games. So if that is the case, since the Cubs are gone, maybe they should have lowered their price. That said, that excuse of not wanting to pay is ridiculous. We all pay now.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I have heard the excuse that if they raise the price $4 people are leaving because they don't want to help the Ricketss get rich. That just annoys the hell out of me. We currently pay over $8 for the sports network we have. And we have no choice but to have it. So how is this any different. If anything, I remember hearing that HALF the viewing of that network was the Cubs games. So if that is the case, since the Cubs are gone, maybe they should have lowered their price. That said, that excuse of not wanting to pay is ridiculous. We all pay now.
    Yeah, I think most people are just blowing smoke..

Find it hard to believe life long fans will just stop watching games over a couple bucks if they are even charged that , seems to me noone has actually been charged extra on whatever provider they have getting marquee cause it all included in the sports package they have.

I won't stop watching games. I might pirate them instead of switching networks.

ESPN is about $8 a month. Why are viewers not crying about that? Especially in Chicago. If we add up every channel that used to carry the Cubs, I'm sure it's not zero. It may not be $4, but it certainly wan't free.

Every channel we have on our TV costs us money. I would love to see the itemized breakdown for every channel in packages offered.

EDIT: This is from one year ago.

https://www.streamingmediablog.com/w...1.45.15-PM.png
    Last edited by thawv; 02-26-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I mean, not having to worry about his ex's cancer sure freed up some time.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast