Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,579
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/19/us/bl...rnd/index.html

    Some guy gave a little girl a doll of a black woman being lynched.

    This is how peoples minds work. Someone sneaking in a nazi sign into a logo is not extreme or cutting edge. This is common ****. I'm just pointing out how it's definitely a real possibility that wasn't an acciden.
    Wow....killer leap of logic there.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,026
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Wow....killer leap of logic there.
    You're ignorant, of course it's a killer leap of logic to you. I dont mean ignorant as an insult, I mean it as a word with a definition, so dont try and act offended. I call myself ignorant on here plenty of times.

    What you're not understanding is that people DO go out of there way to show their feelings all the time. When someone spray paints "*****" on lebron's house you understand it, but what you dont understand is that this person who did this goes and interacts with or around black people every day. Many black people will get that vibe off of him, because that is truly the energy he carries. Now all these small incidents and events in his life where his hatred for blacks has an opportunity to show itself, they're not all gonna be as obvious as spray painting racist words but I promise you they ARE taking place, and people DO notice. You might not, but your perspective is quite different than ours

    That's why to you someone scripting a nazi symbol into a logo seems extreme, to me it really isnt. Theres nothing new, unheard of, or extreme about that.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,087
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Also people sneaking in symbolism happens all the time. Awesome, does that mean I win?
    I think that is far less common than bad design.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,087
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You're ignorant, of course it's a killer leap of logic to you. I dont mean ignorant as an insult, I mean it as a word with a definition, so dont try and act offended. I call myself ignorant on here plenty of times.

    What you're not understanding is that people DO go out of there way to show their feelings all the time. When someone spray paints "*****" on lebron's house you understand it, but what you dont understand is that this person who did this goes and interacts with or around black people every day. Many black people will get that vibe off of him, because that is truly the energy he carries. Now all these small incidents and events in his life where his hatred for blacks has an opportunity to show itself, they're not all gonna be as obvious as spray painting racist words but I promise you they ARE taking place, and people DO notice. You might not, but your perspective is quite different than ours

    That's why to you someone scripting a nazi symbol into a logo seems extreme, to me it really isnt. Theres nothing new, unheard of, or extreme about that.
    It's one thing to do it one on one, this person, or group of people really, were making a mass produced product that was going to be seen on TV and all over the place in San Diego. If it was intentional is would be lunacy. Is it possible? Yes, but INCREDIBLY unlikely.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,579
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You're ignorant, of course it's a killer leap of logic to you. I dont mean ignorant as an insult, I mean it as a word with a definition, so dont try and act offended. I call myself ignorant on here plenty of times.
    Oh....I'm the ignorant one, says the guy that's borderline clueless on most every topic he chimes in on. Again, nothing you say is going to offend me since I don't have the slightest bit of respect for you or your knowledge on any subject. You consistently talk as if you're some sort of authority on subjects that you are obviously clueless about (and your act doesn't fool anyone).

    What you're not understanding is that people DO go out of there way to show their feelings all the time. When someone spray paints "*****" on lebron's house you understand it, but what you dont understand is that this person who did this goes and interacts with or around black people every day. Many black people will get that vibe off of him, because that is truly the energy he carries. Now all these small incidents and events in his life where his hatred for blacks has an opportunity to show itself, they're not all gonna be as obvious as spray painting racist words but I promise you they ARE taking place, and people DO notice. You might not, but your perspective is quite different than ours
    "Ours"? Speak for yourself, man. Acting like you are some sort of representation for the whole Muslim culture and/or minorities in general is only a disservice to either of those groups. None of this basic *** **** you're trying to school me on is beyond the level of intelligence of your average junior high school student.

    I mean, no **** people go out of their way to show their feelings. The fact that you feel the need to even point that out is ridiculous. Assuming that I (or any halfway functioning adult) needs to be told the difference between in your face racism and beneath the surface racism is laughable.

    Furthermore, none of that has a thing to do with this situation revolving around the Padres ill conceived spring training hats. The fact that you think otherwise only further shows how clueless you are.

    That's why to you someone scripting a nazi symbol into a logo seems extreme, to me it really isnt. Theres nothing new, unheard of, or extreme about that.
    Keep digging that hole deeper, sport. The more you say, the more lost you prove yourself to be. I don't know why I even bother trying to reason with you; it's like trying to explain trigonometry to a preschooler.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's one thing to do it one on one, this person, or group of people really, were making a mass produced product that was going to be seen on TV and all over the place in San Diego. If it was intentional is would be lunacy. Is it possible? Yes, but INCREDIBLY unlikely.
    This. The fact that anyone thinks otherwise is ****ing bonkers.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's one thing to do it one on one, this person, or group of people really, were making a mass produced product that was going to be seen on TV and all over the place in San Diego. If it was intentional is would be lunacy. Is it possible? Yes, but INCREDIBLY unlikely.
    Disagree, it's too obvious. The way he lined up up the letters to get that right at the center of the picture with fluff around it. There are not many people around who are THIS oblivious to their own work. I'd say roughly half the people you show that to and say what's wrong with this would easily pick out the swastika.

    It's not lunacy if you are sitting here saying it looks unintentional to you. It's actually quite brilliant then, actually

    My money says intentional. Yours says accident. Ok. I bet I'd win
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-22-2020 at 01:45 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,026
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh....I'm the ignorant one, says the guy that's borderline clueless on most every topic he chimes in on. Again, nothing you say is going to offend me since I don't have the slightest bit of respect for you or your knowledge on any subject. You consistently talk as if you're some sort of authority on subjects that you are obviously clueless about (and your act doesn't fool anyone).



    "Ours"? Speak for yourself, man. Acting like you are some sort of representation for the whole Muslim culture and/or minorities in general is only a disservice to either of those groups. None of this basic *** **** you're trying to school me on is beyond the level of intelligence of your average junior high school student.

    I mean, no **** people go out of their way to show their feelings. The fact that you feel the need to even point that out is ridiculous. Assuming that I (or any halfway functioning adult) needs to be told the difference between in your face racism and beneath the surface racism is laughable.

    Furthermore, none of that has a thing to do with this situation revolving around the Padres ill conceived spring training hats. The fact that you think otherwise only further shows how clueless you are.



    Keep digging that hole deeper, sport. The more you say, the more lost you prove yourself to be. I don't know why I even bother trying to reason with you; it's like trying to explain trigonometry to a preschooler.
    I'm not an authority. You just take it personal any time I correct you.

    When I say ours, I mean these people who have this feeling towards us, we are able to feel it. You cant. That's why your perspective is ignorant.

    You guys dont even get my point about that doll story. That was on a parade float in a parade in front of tens of thousands of people. Yet at the same time you are saying because of how visible that logo is you dont think it could have had racist intent. That's an ignorant stance you have.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,579
    You are blinded by your own victim mentality is more like it. Attempting to connect the story of a single doll allegedly being handed to a single person to a hat designed for the whole San Diego Padres team (and their fans) to wear in front of thousands and thousands of people on a daily basis for a whole baseball season is monumentally stupid.

    I don't know how many times I need to say it but I do not take anything you say personal as your words carry zero weight to me. I know what you meant when you said "ours" and again, you are in no position to be talking for any group of people, as you're simply not intelligent enough to make any sort of tangible points that aren't steeped in nonsense and personal bias.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,026
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You are blinded by your own victim mentality is more like it. Attempting to connect the story of a single doll allegedly being handed to a single person to a hat designed for the whole San Diego Padres team (and their fans) to wear in front of thousands and thousands of people on a daily basis for a whole baseball season is monumentally stupid.

    I don't know how many times I need to say it but I do not take anything you say personal as your words carry zero weight to me. I know what you meant when you said "ours" and again, you are in no position to be talking for any group of people, as you're simply not intelligent enough to make any sort of tangible points that aren't steeped in nonsense and personal bias.
    Like I said, that guy did something clearly racist during a parade on front of thousands of people. It's not a baseball logo, but the it certainly shows how weak your argument is of saying theres no way someone would do something like that in plain sight. People do. They do all the time. That's a very normal thing.

    You take a lot personal, that's why you've got this weird one way grudge going for like a year now, that's why your posts to me are always emotional. Stop acting like you're on your period everytime you respond to me.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,579
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Like I said, that guy did something clearly racist during a parade on front of thousands of people. It's not a baseball logo, but the it certainly shows how weak your argument is of saying theres no way someone would do something like that in plain sight. People do. They do all the time. That's a very normal thing.

    You take a lot personal, that's why you've got this weird one way grudge going for like a year now, that's why your posts to me are always emotional. Stop acting like you're on your period everytime you respond to me.
    Wow....you are beyond mental. I've not once said that no one would ever be racist in plain sight (wut ). Only your weak, mushy brain would garner that from the discussion we've had in this thread.

    I guess I also need to explain to you that calling someone out for consistently having the most baseless and banal arguments regardless of the topic is somehow akin to a grudge or taking what was said personal.

    No grudge, no hate. I simply pity you and your tenuous grasp on reality.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,087
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Disagree, it's too obvious. The way he lined up up the letters to get that right at the center of the picture with fluff around it. There are not many people around who are THIS oblivious to their own work. I'd say roughly half the people you show that to and say what's wrong with this would easily pick out the swastika.

    It's not lunacy if you are sitting here saying it looks unintentional to you. It's actually quite brilliant then, actually

    My money says intentional. Yours says accident. Ok. I bet I'd win
    And again, designers miss things in their own design ALL THE TIME, including things that seem obvious to others.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,026
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Wow....you are beyond mental. I've not once said that no one would ever be racist in plain sight (wut ). Only your weak, mushy brain would garner that from the discussion we've had in this thread.

    I guess I also need to explain to you that calling someone out for consistently having the most baseless and banal arguments regardless of the topic is somehow akin to a grudge or taking what was said personal.

    No grudge, no hate. I simply pity you and your tenuous grasp on reality.
    In post 23 your argument rests on the idea that no one would do such a thing in such a public setting. I addressed that.

    These constant clear and obvious emotional self contradictions in all your convo with me is what makes me think you got some sort of grudge.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And again, designers miss things in their own design ALL THE TIME, including things that seem obvious to others.
    Yes, and designers use symbolism in their work all the time too. Ok, so what?

    That argument doesnt favor you any more than it favors me. Matter of fact statistically obviously it favors me
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,087
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes, and designers use symbolism in their work all the time too. Ok, so what?

    That argument doesnt favor you any more than it favors me. Matter of fact statistically obviously it favors me
    The fact that it's INCREDIBLY unlikely a group of people would consciously add a swastika to a corporate logo just doesn't slow you down a bit does it ... you actually think it's equally likely a marketing group would use a swastika than not. Wow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •