Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 202
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115

    Michael Bloomberg is a greater threat to democracy than Donald Trump

    This guy is straight up trying to buy the Presidency. He is buying endorsements from local politicians such as mayors by donating to local causes or committees. We all know he's pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into television ads and he's hiring field organizers at unprecedented rates, taking all the campaign labor from even lower-tier campaigns. He has pledged to spend $2 billion to defeated Donald Trump. He is worth $61 billion dollars and he makes $2 billion a year. It's totally worth it for him to right off a year's salary to become President. Trump did use some of his fortune toward his campaign, but made sure he was getting paid back. Bloomberg is completely self financing his campaign, but his return on investment is through endorsements and obtaining political power.

    https://qz.com/1802367/detailing-mik...aign-spending/

    A Bloomberg Presidency would be an absolute disaster for the middle and lower classes in America. He has repeatedly been against raising minimum wage, he has openly endorsed making cuts to social security and medicare, one of the ways he wanted to cut health care costs was to actually create death panels, and his environmental record is dubious.. That's nothing to say toward his treatment of woman and minorities, or his dealings in China which should all absolutely disqualify him from the Presidency.

    If the Democratic Party actually nominates Michael Bloomberg it would be an absolute betrayal to the their voters and the people they claim they represent. He is completely and totally in this for himself and his benefit alone. He's not going to fight for anything that would shift the balance of power away from the elite and back to the people, and he is the epitome of corruption. If the general election turns out to be Trump vs Bloomberg it really doesn't matter who wins, we lose. Trump would absolutely win however because a Bloomberg nomination would completely destroy the Democratic Party. If Bloomberg wins he will pave the way for Billionaires to continue to buy elections and it could be a long time before we see a non billionaire President. It's a very scary thought and we all must stop Bloomberg at all costs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,859
    I see his poll numbers are rising but the guy is literally a ghost. Outside of all the campaign ads how often have we really seen him say anything? Democrats don't seem to like him, Republicans obviously don't, yet we constantly read about him being a factor.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,737
    Just to say satan is feeling bored, what if we get a Bloomberg vs Trump election...what even happens?

    Bloomberg is like Trump if Trump were competent. Sadly, there are a lot more people who are focused on winning the presidency more than anything and Bloombergís churning out of advertisement has gotten him on the map with a lot of people and has people thinking heís a viable candidate.

    I do think Bernie will eventually get the nomination but I wouldnít be surprised if Bloomberg gets a surge and it ends up being those two. That would be the true test for the party that Iíd love to see. You want the democratic socialist or another billionaire? Lol.

    I do expect Buttigieg to remain strong and Klobuchar too. Biden and Warren should drop out already. Steyer too but thatís beside the point.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,242
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

    1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I see his poll numbers are rising but the guy is literally a ghost. Outside of all the campaign ads how often have we really seen him say anything? Democrats don't seem to like him, Republicans obviously don't, yet we constantly read about him being a factor.
    I believe, for several reasons, the democratic nomination is going to come down to Bloomberg and Bernie Sanders. Joe Biden is almost finished, his entire candidacy was based about how electable he was and how he could defeat Trump, but he's proving the opposite. Biden just wants to go back to pre-Trump politics and that's not a winning message and his voters were only going for him because of his perceived fire wall that's now collapsing. I believe if Joe Biden has a poor night in Nevada (3rd or worse) and doesn't win South Carolina he will drop out of the race before Super Tuesday. There will be no path for him and I think it would be too embarrassing for him to still be in there when he's getting single digit percentages.

    None of Warren, Buttigieg, nor Klobuchar have the coalition to win. In fact if Biden is out before Super Tuesday (very possible) and Bloomberg does well on Super Tuesday (likely) then the center/center-right wing of the democratic party could get behind Bloomberg, taking votes directly away from Buttigieg/Klobuchar. If that happens, they'll be out by mid March at the latest. Warren is hanging on to a small portion of the democratic electorate primarily of college educated voters, but that will only carry her so far. It's not going to be enough to make much of a dent in the end. I believe Bloomberg will win over the establishment when he picks Stacey Abrams to be his Vice President during the primaries.

    That would leave Sanders and Bloomberg as the only viable options. I think as Joe Biden continues this collapse and the other moderates have no path to victory, Bloomberg will scoop up the moderate/conservative wing of the democratic party and the establishment will get behind him 100% because Bernie is going after their money. Money in politics and the establishment is a very powerful thing, the Clinton machine being an example of that. Bloomberg will make the Clinton machine look like child's play with the money he'll be spending. I don't believe he'll win a majority of democratic voters, but his entire goal is to force a brokered convention so he can buy the nomination at the convention. With the establishment likely going to support him over Bernie Sanders, his base will likely be the "Never Bernie" movement of the Democratic Party, ala the Never Trump movement, that's only aim is to deny Sanders the 1,991 pledged delegates needed to win the nomination.

    I personally believe Bernie Sanders will win enough delegates to get the nomination, but there is a real possibility that Bloomberg, with the help of the establishment, will do well enough to deny Sanders the nomination. I think the only way for Sanders to become the democratic nominee is if he has enough delegates on the 1st ballot, or is so close that it would be and absolute robbery for him not to get it. He basically has to have 1800+ and almost twice as much as any other candidate for them not to screw him over IMO.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 02-19-2020 at 05:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Just to say satan is feeling bored, what if we get a Bloomberg vs Trump election...what even happens?

    Bloomberg is like Trump if Trump were competent. Sadly, there are a lot more people who are focused on winning the presidency more than anything and Bloombergís churning out of advertisement has gotten him on the map with a lot of people and has people thinking heís a viable candidate.

    I do think Bernie will eventually get the nomination but I wouldnít be surprised if Bloomberg gets a surge and it ends up being those two. That would be the true test for the party that Iíd love to see. You want the democratic socialist or another billionaire? Lol.

    I do expect Buttigieg to remain strong and Klobuchar too. Biden and Warren should drop out already. Steyer too but thatís beside the point.
    A general election between Trump and Bloomberg would be nothing more than a dick measuring contest and Trump would win based off the economy. Progressives and young people, a huge block of the Democratic base, would not come out for Bloomberg.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 02-19-2020 at 05:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,423
    I still do not know if Bloomburg is running because he wants to be president or because he doesn't want Trump to be president.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,347
    I don't watch TV news so maybe I'm missing it ... is anyone other than Bloomberg pushing Bloomberg?
    Last edited by Scoots; 02-19-2020 at 06:29 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,906
    This is undeniably true. We have a debate tonight. He should be treated ruthlessly by every single other person up there. Any elected Democrat endorsing him should be primaried with every force possible.

    I detest Biden and think him winning would represent the squandering of a lifetime but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat against Trump.

    I won't vote for Bloomberg. Ever. A Republican buying the Democratic nomination? And if it happens via a brokered convention? Let the Party burn.

    I think we underestimate the amount of low info voters out there. They're carrying him because he's flooding everything with ads. And the liberal media are fighting back against him with 1/100th of the force they should be.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,380
    I cannot stand Bloomberg but he isnít the problem. The problem is the lack of protections that allow him to do what he does.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I cannot stand Bloomberg but he isnít the problem. The problem is the lack of protections that allow him to do what he does.
    100% true.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,906
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I cannot stand Bloomberg but he isnít the problem. The problem is the lack of protections that allow him to do what he does.
    For sure and we're already seeing a lot of hypocrisy from too many Democrats in their support of him.

    But he is a huge part of the problem and we shouldn't let him off the hook. He's choosing to run on his own and he's doing so for all the wrong reasons. He deserves all the blame in the world too, even if the underlying problem is that this is allowed to happen. Your point is 100% true but so is this: **** Mike Bloomberg.

    I hate watching these debates because I cant listen to most of the candidates speak without going crazy, but I'm excited for tonight. If anyone up there doesn't take the gloves off...well...that's disqualifying. I'd bring him up in every answer. Democrats can't pretend to be the moral defenders of democracy and our silly sacred institutions if they can't call this spade a spade. That's the bare minimum. This is infinitely more of an existential problem than anything Trump has done.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,000
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    For sure and we're already seeing a lot of hypocrisy from too many Democrats in their support of him.

    But he is a huge part of the problem and we shouldn't let him off the hook. He's choosing to run on his own and he's doing so for all the wrong reasons. He deserves all the blame in the world too, even if the underlying problem is that this is allowed to happen. Your point is 100% true but so is this: **** Mike Bloomberg.

    I hate watching these debates because I cant listen to most of the candidates speak without going crazy, but I'm excited for tonight. If anyone up there doesn't take the gloves off...well...that's disqualifying. I'd bring him up in every answer. Democrats can't pretend to be the moral defenders of democracy and our silly sacred institutions if they can't call this spade a spade. That's the bare minimum. This is infinitely more of an existential problem than anything Trump has done.
    I donít know any one here or otherwise for whom he is their first choice.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,682
    There's a pretty strong argument that he's a literal Chinese asset, and is beholden to the CCP. Not in the "tRuMp iS pUtInS *****" sort of way or a Trump borrowed money from Russian banks...but like financially and ethically tied to the CCP.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vygnjoH9N8

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    This is undeniably true. We have a debate tonight. He should be treated ruthlessly by every single other person up there. Any elected Democrat endorsing him should be primaried with every force possible.

    I detest Biden and think him winning would represent the squandering of a lifetime but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat against Trump.

    I won't vote for Bloomberg. Ever. A Republican buying the Democratic nomination? And if it happens via a brokered convention? Let the Party burn.

    I think we underestimate the amount of low info voters out there. They're carrying him because he's flooding everything with ads. And the liberal media are fighting back against him with 1/100th of the force they should be.
    I've Already started hearing his add's in my state.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •