Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Even someone who hasn’t done their homework... where is the charisma? Who seriously wants to listen to that? I mute the television any time I hear his voice. I can read what he lied about later.
    That's just you. We despise him because he's a despicable person who can't go 5 seconds without lying and so on and so on.

But we're not his target audience. He generates so much passion and enthusiasm. He undeniably has great charisma, it's just like...the ****** kind of it! But he won in large part because of his charisma. His supporters are rabid in their support of him. He tapped into something and got people to care. He got people to worship him. He can whip up a crowd unlike most anyone else. He built a cult of personality. That doesn't happen without charisma.

Bloomberg just stood up there with out even making facial expressions. He looked dead. He stumbled over his words. He had not tone. No tempo. Nothing. It was the most pathetic debate performance I've ever seen. The crowd BOOED him. Every time he paused for an applause it was crickets. That ain't EVER happening with Trump. Ever.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

Even someone who hasn’t done their homework... where is the charisma? Who seriously wants to listen to that? I mute the television any time I hear his voice. I can read what he lied about later.
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time...."

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I really think you're downplaying how the significance of what Bloomberg is trying to do. It's not about his history and "what he has done". It's the fact that he is trying to use his massive wealth to buy an election. That is something so much more foundational than even the mass corruption of Donald Trump.

He is exposing and exploiting the holes in the fabric of our Democracy. Steaming even further ahead towards outright plutocracy. Luckily he has the charisma of a brick wall and the likability of an HIV diagnosis because otherwise we'd be looking at something that undeniably poses a greater existential threat to this country. Something that flies in the face of everything country has stood for or pretended to stand for. I think even the most brainwashed flag waving mongoloids probably would feel a bit uneasy yelling "they hate us because of our freedom" if he got his way.
    Find one poor candidate for president. It's always the wealthy who buy their way into the office. Listen of the people on that stage, Bloomberg is my sixth candidate.

The mass corruption of Trump is far worse to me than what Bloomberg is doing.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Find one poor candidate for president. It's always the wealthy who buy their way into the office. Listen of the people on that stage, Bloomberg is my sixth candidate.

The mass corruption of Trump is far worse to me than what Bloomberg is doing.
    Everybody in the establishment dislike Trump, others put up with him for power. It is shocking to me who is supporting Bloomberg, you may not like them but they do hold sway overa lot people.

People like Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg off the view.
    From one extreme to the other Judge Judy to Joy Ried to Chris Matthew to Bill Maher.
    You can see Clinton and her people backing Bloomberg if he has a chance to challenge Bernie.

Plus, Bloomberg won't incrimnate himself through tweets, smart enough to provide cover for his lackeys' shady operation, and understand how to manufacture consent. He is more dangerous then Trump because he is more acceptible.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-20-2020 at 11:07 AM.

It’s hard to understand how anyone could see Trump as charismatic. He looks like an orange toad, his voice is nails on chalkboard, and he talks on the level of a second grader.
    He is charismatic, it's just a charisma that some of us see through as just bloviating. Charisma and intelligence are not the same. I think the drugs he takes are a significant cause of the gibberish way he talks.

I can't stand to see or hear him. No more years please.

Bloomberg got exposed for the narcissistic prick that he is last night.
    I think most people already knew. The only votes he's buying are the ones who don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think most people already knew. The only votes he's buying are the ones who don't care.
    I don't know. I think you underestimate how many people don't know anything. And those low info and/or checked out voters are the most integral for him. The ones who know the name and see the ads. Most people aren't following politics like us freaks do. I don't think "most people already knew". You know how much stuff came out against him this past week alone? That WE didn't even know. Imagine the people who aren't spending all day on line obsessing over the news tuning in last night?!

I guarantee you there was a sizable portion of this country that was exposed to him for the first time in their lives last night outside of a 30 second ad. It was the first time he had to trot out there and not just hide behind an ad. The first time we got the raw and uncut footage. And boy did it go poorly!

Everyone always overstates the important of debates but considering the circumstances, considering this was his first one, and considering how it played out -- I actually think last night could prove to matter a lot for him.

His momentum is recent, and thus probably fragile. We shall see. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I don't like to do wishful thinking! So I guess I truly think this will be the reality of the matter.
    Last edited by ManRam; 02-20-2020 at 12:39 PM.

I mean, he's spent like $400,000,000 of his on money on ads so I bet everyone has.
    Nope — Maybe the best thing about not watching TV ever (or even listening to the radio anymore). That said, I also have to miss the debates. Too bad, eh?
    Last edited by Crovash; 02-20-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Nope — Maybe the best thing about not watching TV ever (or even listening to the radio anymore). That said, I also have to miss the debates. Too bad, eh?
    Lucky man.

I rarely watch TV but I've caught a few during some NBA games. I see them on YouTube pretty frequently too.

I'm just saying: he's reaching a wide audience. Even if it's not us, it doesn't mean it's not reaching them. He's spending drastically more money than everyone else combined. It matters.

Lucky man.

I rarely watch TV but I've caught a few during some NBA games. I see them on YouTube pretty frequently too.

I'm just saying: he's reaching a wide audience. Even if it's not us, it doesn't mean it's not reaching them. He's spending drastically more money than everyone else combined. It matters.
    The only thing I miss on TV is watching Premier League soccer on the weekends.

I read a lot of news (online and in print) and believe me, I can’t avoid all the Bloomberg visibility even if he is not paying for it.

As for his being a more of a threat to democracy than Trump, well, that’s BS — mainly because I don’t see that there is much of a democracy to threaten.

Is Bloomberg more of a threat to our country than Trump? Probably not. Sure, if he succeeds, Bloomberg succeeds by buying his way in (who doesn’t — even Sanders needs to keep the till open). Plenty of warts on the guy, no doubt, but there are some important challenges to the country that Bloomberg seems to want to address in a positive fashion.

That said, I think Sanders is really the only true voice of change. Barring his success or until the system is reformed or, better yet, replaced, it’ll be business as usual.

I don't know. I think you underestimate how many people don't know anything. And those low info and/or checked out voters are the most integral for him. The ones who know the name and see the ads. Most people aren't following politics like us freaks do. I don't think "most people already knew". You know how much stuff came out against him this past week alone? That WE didn't even know. Imagine the people who aren't spending all day on line obsessing over the news tuning in last night?!

I guarantee you there was a sizable portion of this country that was exposed to him for the first time in their lives last night outside of a 30 second ad. It was the first time he had to trot out there and not just hide behind an ad. The first time we got the raw and uncut footage. And boy did it go poorly!

Everyone always overstates the important of debates but considering the circumstances, considering this was his first one, and considering how it played out -- I actually think last night could prove to matter a lot for him.

His momentum is recent, and thus probably fragile. We shall see. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I don't like to do wishful thinking! So I guess I truly think this will be the reality of the matter.
    Agree that a lot of people don’t know anything. Most people used to get their political knowledge by word of mouth. Some friend they trust goes off about this or that and it carries around like that. Now I think many get their “knowledge” through memes. Out of my FB friends I’d guess maybe a quarter are conservative but my news feed is loaded with right wing memes. I believe I read somewhere that Bloomberg is spending millions on influencers making and spreading memes for him. Really think people underestimate the effectiveness things like this are going to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Agree that a lot of people don’t know anything. Most people used to get their political knowledge by word of mouth. Some friend they trust goes off about this or that and it carries around like that. Now I think many get their “knowledge” through memes. Out of my FB friends I’d guess maybe a quarter are conservative but my news feed is loaded with right wing memes. I believe I read somewhere that Bloomberg is spending millions on influencers making and spreading memes for him. Really think people underestimate the effectiveness things like this are going to have.
    It worked for Donnie. Him and his team have realized that Facebook won't do jack**** about people who lie on their platform and pay for it because they're too afraid of both the outrage and that sweet, sweet cash well drying up.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It worked for Donnie. Him and his team have realized that Facebook won't do jack**** about people who lie on their platform and pay for it because they're too afraid of both the outrage and that sweet, sweet cash well drying up.
    Darn Facebook and those pesky Russians!

I really don't get why people play this angle up. When have political ads ever been anything more than shallow BS, mud slinging, and half truths? Why should Facebook be tasked with ridding people's lies from their platform?

If you think these sort of things are what led to Trump being our president, you must have the absolute lowest opinion of the intelligence of mankind. If people can't wade their way through lies/half truths on social media and in political advertisements, there is absolutely no hope for society.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I don't know about anyone else, but when people post political articles on facebook there's like a little thing underneath that tells you if the article's content has been proven to be an outright fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but when people post political articles on facebook there's like a little thing underneath that tells you if the article's content has been proven to be an outright fabrication.
    That doesn’t matter. People will not read that stuff. They will see the headline of the article or largest text or loudest voice.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast