Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,073
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    He wrote some off color jokes on the internet and thus is not invited to the birthday party? Lmao, I guess that's San Francisco for you.
    "Jokes."

    If you make enough misogynistic and racist comments, your neighbor won't be welcomed at the BBQ either..

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,073
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I mean "PC and woke culture" is generally pretty lame. I can't really fault him there.
    I just mean by citing that, I don't think he'll see the error of his ways.

    You may also not like it, but I also don't peg you for someone to make those comments.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    "Jokes."

    If you make enough misogynistic and racist comments, your neighbor won't be welcomed at the BBQ either.
    Beyond the Bernie/guns tweet and Iranian women tweet IDK what else the guy said, but those were the two I saw as DAMNING EVIDENCE in the article i read.

    I don't follow or care about what any athlete says so maybe he really did say something worse than that but I have to imagine the press would run with it if he had. They just seem upset he's a normal unindoctrinated dude who won't apologize for that fact.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,073
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Beyond the Bernie/guns tweet and Iranian women tweet IDK what else the guy said, but those were the two I saw as DAMNING EVIDENCE in the article i read.

    I don't follow or care about what any athlete says so maybe he really did say something worse than that but I have to imagine the press would run with it if he had. They just seem upset he's a normal unindoctrinated dude who won't apologize for that fact.
    I remember him making some low brow tweets when Trump implemented the travel ban and, more recently, sexist tweets when the Giants hired Alyssa Nakken (first women coach in MLB). There are others in between mixed with combative and insulting language towards some followers.

    I don't think it has to do with his support of Trump like he's claiming. According to him, 80% of the 2010 clubhouse was conservative, but he's the only one not invited.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I remember him making some low brow tweets when Trump implemented the travel ban and, more recently, sexist tweets when the Giants hired Alyssa Nakken (first women coach in MLB). There are others in between mixed with combative and insulting language towards some followers.

    I don't think it has to do with his support of Trump like he's claiming. According to him, 80% of the 2010 clubhouse was conservative, but he's the only one not invited.
    Fair enough, though I disagree. I don't think #cancel culture is the answer to the culture war, in fact I think it makes it worse. But I guess that's why it's called a 'war.'

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    27,461
    Enough of the cancel culture ********. Nobody is taking away his accolades, his WS rings, or the money he earned in those years. He just isn't invited to a party. He's free to act like an *******. We're free to tell him to **** off. The owner of the team is a giant Trump supporter who donated millions or helped run a super PAC for him (can't remember which). We know Cody Ross is a Trump guy and it's not hard to guess where guys like Affeldt, Madbum and Posey fall. The only guy not invited is the one who as acted like an *******.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,083
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't follow or care about what any athlete says so maybe he really did say something worse than that but I have to imagine the press would run with it if he had.
    The press doesn't spend a lot of time on washed up baseball players saying dumb **** because literally no one cares what Aubrey Huff says, people barely cared while he was an active player.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,830
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    The press doesn't spend a lot of time on washed up baseball players saying dumb **** because literally no one cares what Aubrey Huff says, people barely cared while he was an active player.
    All the outrage surrounding Huff seems to show otherwise. Not liking what he says and not caring what he says are two different things.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't think Huff's political leanings had much (if anything) to do with this decision. It's his big mouth that put him in this position.

    Having said that, I'll always appreciate what he did for the '10 championship team. I guess I'm much more willing to separate what someone says or does in their personal life from what they do (or have done) to provide me entertainment than many/most other people are.
    I'm with you. I find the whole thing to be extremely out of hand and over the top. He clearly is looking to garner a reaction and people have given it to him. We also live in a society where there are a lot of people who are "woke", but when the doors are close or they are at home with their buddies they aren't who they claim to be in public. I just hope that those who are hammering him live buy the standards they place upon everyone else.
    -toGether-

    ".....honor the game the game honors you..dont know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.

    -Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,083
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    All the outrage surrounding Huff seems to show otherwise. Not liking what he says and not caring what he says are two different things.
    He gets little blurbs on sports pages and stuff, no one I know personally heard about his tweets until the news that he wasn't invited to the 2010 reunion came out.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,775
    Jesus!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,830
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    He gets little blurbs on sports pages and stuff, no one I know personally heard about his tweets until the news that he wasn't invited to the 2010 reunion came out.
    Not too surprised by that but Giants fans on Twitter are in an absolute uproar. Many seem to actually quite enjoy constantly mentioning him and how much rage they have about what he says (and this has been going on for awhile).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,830
    ....and my thought is generally: why feed the troll?

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    The press doesn't spend a lot of time on washed up baseball players saying dumb **** because literally no one cares what Aubrey Huff says, people barely cared while he was an active player.
    What what spliff said. The only people in this thread who seem to know or care about the situation are the outraged, including you.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,822
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkfn2284 View Post
    I'm with you. I find the whole thing to be extremely out of hand and over the top. He clearly is looking to garner a reaction and people have given it to him. We also live in a society where there are a lot of people who are "woke", but when the doors are close or they are at home with their buddies they aren't who they claim to be in public. I just hope that those who are hammering him live buy the standards they place upon everyone else.
    Of course they don't live by these totally insane and increasingly byzantine standards. The notion of 'Latinx,' gender doesn't exist or alternatively that it does exist (and there are an infinite amount of them) but males and females are no different at all, I mean you literally have to be an overeducated nitwit to really believe these obvious lies.

    It's religious dogma and there will always be a minority segment of society that likes to torment heretics. Unfortunately literally all of them have moved to the internet in the last 10 years. I wish they'd go back to city council meetings or something.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •