Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The Angels fired Billy Epler, which is B.S. He doesn't have any big free agency misses, and fixed the minor league system that was the worst in all of baseball by a large margin.
    He has wasted five years of Mike Trout's career, especially his prime years, that is more than enough to fire Epler. Not seeing Trout in the MLB playoffs would be like not seeing James in the NBA Playoffs, Crosby in the NHL playoffs and Mahomes in the NFL playoffs.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    why do you care about Epler? I don't think you are an Angels fan or related to Epler? I could care less what the Pirates, Twins do etc etc. 5+ straight losing seasons gets most GM's, managers fired.
    No, I've always liked the angels. I used to post on that forum all the time back when it was active.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    He has wasted five years of Mike Trout's career, especially his prime years, that is more than enough to fire Epler. Not seeing Trout in the MLB playoffs would be like not seeing James in the NBA Playoffs, Crosby in the NHL playoffs and Mahomes in the NFL playoffs.
    He took over a team that wasn't any good, and was filled with bad contracts, they're on the verge of competing.

The Pirates cut catcher Andrew Susac, he was a former "top" prospect of the giants.

It was always so currious to me why some giants fans were so retisent to trade him and some of the other mediocre prospects for the relief help the team deseperately needed a few years ago, until after those players lost luster.

The Pirates cut catcher Andrew Susac, he was a former "top" prospect of the giants.

It was always so currious to me why some giants fans were so retisent to trade him and some of the other mediocre prospects for the relief help the team deseperately needed a few years ago, until after those players lost luster.
    *curious

*resistant

Your trolling needs improvement. They traded away Susac in 2016, or in other words "a few years ago", for relief help in acquiring Will Smith.

Lofl

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    *curious

*resistant

Your trolling needs improvement. They traded away Susac in 2016, or in other words "a few years ago", for relief help in acquiring Will Smith.
    FWIW he meant reticent

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    FWIW he meant reticent
    No, I meant resistant, my phone ****s up a lot of these.

*curious

*resistant

It wasn't just him, and they could have gotten more back for him if they had traded him in previous seasons. At the time it really didn't make sense to hold onto him since Posey was locked up and still producing at all-star rates.
    Now it's different. I understand not wanting to trade Bart for help.

It wasn't just him, and they could have gotten more back for him if they had traded him in previous seasons. At the time it really didn't make sense to hold onto him since Posey was locked up and still producing at all-star rates.
    Now it's different. I understand not wanting to trade Bart for help.
    Maybe you're right. Maybe they also wanted some security in case another major injury happened to Posey or maybe they weren't getting a lot of interest since he was an older prospect and didn't produce eye popping numbers until he was 25.

Maybe you're right. Maybe they also wanted some security in case another major injury happened to Posey or maybe they weren't getting a lot of interest since he was an older prospect and didn't produce eye popping numbers until he was 25.
    But it wasn't just him though, it's not like he was the only guy that management held onto past their expiration date, which many fans celebrated.

But it wasn't just him though, it's not like he was the only guy that management held onto past their expiration date, which many fans celebrated.
    Like?

Christian Arroyo, Bryan Reynolds, Matt Duffy, Adam Duvall, Zack Wheeler, Tim Anderson, and....wait: what was the question again?

Like?
    The first name that popped into my head was Gary Brown. Kyle Crick is another, Christian Arroyo is another. The franchise for the better part of the last decade had a problem with talent evaluation that SOME Giants fans did see and acknowaladge, but this problem is what led to the brass to over value "top" prospects that were more fringe and hold onto them long enough for them to lose most of their value...by which point they would trade them. I can't tell you how many times I was repedetly told "The Giants developed Timmy, Cain and MadBum, I compeletely trust their ability to CONSISTENTLY develop ACE pitchers" since 2010 who's the best starting pitcher the Giants have developed? Chris Straton? Clayton Blackburn?

There weren't a lot of success in that time either...after Brandon Belt in 2011 who was the most productive player the giants signed or developed? Joe Panik? So they weren't holding onto guys who were even worth holding onto. This is part of the reason the giants had such problems making the playoffs in odd numbered years.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-03-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Considering that the entire offense is built around Posey, it doesn't make much sense to have "security" incase he goes down. Having good backups to give him a day off is one thing. But if a guy is that good offensively to be the giants "security" for posey, it's curious they weren't trying him at other positions to get his bat into a line up that was COLLECTIVELY mediocre.
    Like if the giants had another great catcher lets say Padres top prospect Luis Campusano wouldn't they be trying to find a way to get his bat into THIS line-up.
    It's the same with Susac and Posey. What's the point of having this GREAT BACK UP...just in case, when there are holes in the line up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast