Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who moves onto the World Series?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston Astros

0 0%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

5 100.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ALCS: Houston Astros v Tampa Bay Rays - Rays win 4-3

American League Championship Series

HOUSTON ASTROS (29-31) v TAMPA BAY RAYS (40-20)

Petco Park

Game 1: Sunday, October 11th @ 7:37 PM EST - Framber Valdez v Blake Snell - TBS

Game 2: Monday, October 12th @ 4:07 PM EST - Lance McCullers Jr. v Charlie Morton - TBS

Game 3: Tuesday, October 13th @ TBD - Ryan Yarbrough v Jose Urquidy - TBS

Game 4: Wednesday, October 14th @ 8:40 PM EST - Tyler Glasnow v Zach Greinke - TBS

Game 5: Thursday, October 15th @ 5:07 PM EST - John Curtiss v Luis Garcia - TBS

Game 6: Friday, October 16th @ 6:07 PM EST - Framber Valdez v Blake Snell - TBS

Game 7: Saturday, October 17th @ 8:37 PM EST - TBS (if necessary)

Go Rays!

These Rays hats are fire

The worst part of the Astro's being here isn't that they're filthy cheaters, it's that them getting healthy at the right time and getting a weak playoff schedual is going to give other garbage teams the false idea that they too could make an improbable run despite the fact that Houston is signifigantly more talented than the rest of the garbage teams out there.

Someone seems scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The worst part of the Astro's being here isn't that they're filthy cheaters, it's that them getting healthy at the right time and getting a weak playoff schedual is going to give other garbage teams the false idea that they too could make an improbable run despite the fact that Houston is signifigantly more talented than the rest of the garbage teams out there.
    So like the Dodgers every year?

How did they get a weak playoff schedule? They beat the #3 seed, then #2 and are now facing #1. They have faced the toughest teams in the league.

Huh? I totally don't follow your logic at all. Why is that the "worst thing?" Every year in professional sports, isn't there at least one team that underperforms due to injury or other circumstances, limps into the playoffs and then performs to their actual potential in the postseason to make a run? It's been that way as long as I've watched sports.

On the actual game itself, last night was rough. Their pitching was better. Their at bats and plate appearances were better. But the Rays got a timely hit when it mattered, and the Astros hit into two brutal double plays at the worst time. They should have been up 4/5-2 going into the ninth, not down 2-1. This Rays team is too good for the Astros to lose games they should have won, and they squandered an excellent pitching performance.

I still think the Astros can win this series, but it just got a hell of a lot harder.

Kept thinking this while watching last night's game:

Holy hell what a play by Margot flipping over the RF wall

Last edited by goingfor28; 10-12-2020 at 04:52 PM.

This has been one of the strangest starts to a series I've ever seen. It feels like the Astros are outhitting and outpitching them, but the Rays' defense has been unreal, the Astros luck has been abysmal and they've been outscored 5-1. It's just been super deflating to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This has been one of the strangest starts to a series I've ever seen. It feels like the Astros are outhitting and outpitching them, but the Rays' defense has been unreal, the Astros luck has been abysmal and they've been outscored 5-1. It's just been super deflating to watch...
    Huge error by Altuve in the 1st didn't help. Would've been the 3rd out then next batter, Margot comes up and smacks a 3 run bomb.

Another Altuve error in the 3rd. Didn't hurt them though.

17 batters left on base for Houston through 14 innings of this series so far. It's ****ing infuriating.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast