Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Dustin May got Manny Machado swinging on this pitch.
    https://youtu.be/lPl1cAgJcU8?t=55

As controversial as it is in some corners on this site to say...there is a > 0% chance that Dustin May is pretty good.
    He does suck You can't see the pitch with all of that hair going everywhere. Get him a hair cut and he's replacement level lol.

Not especially surprising but this was a fairly boring trade deadline (with the exception of the Clevinger deal).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

The dodgers choosing to trade Ross Stripling was an interesting decision.

would rather have gonsolin over stripling

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Padres now only 1.5 back of the Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Padres now only 1.5 back of the Dodgers
    Sox too!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Ugh.

Manfred also said the expanded, 16-team postseason is likely to remain beyond 2020, adding that “an overwhelming majority” of owners had already endorsed the concept before the pandemic.
    “I think there’s a lot to commend it,” he said.

https://t.co/7NeSIpCsjv

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

On the above note, someone in that tweet thread said it well.

A majority of owners commend it because more of them will get postseason gate revenue without having to spend to actually improve their teams. Mediocrity will be rewarded.

Also of note

The current eighth seed in the NL has a .489 winning percentage. The sixth and seventh seeds are .500.

Zero reason for me to continue to be invested in any regular season. Asinine.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Ugh.

Manfred also said the expanded, 16-team postseason is likely to remain beyond 2020, adding that “an overwhelming majority” of owners had already endorsed the concept before the pandemic.
    “I think there’s a lot to commend it,” he said.

https://t.co/7NeSIpCsjv

Saw that....don't like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    On the above note, someone in that tweet thread said it well.

A majority of owners commend it because more of them will get postseason gate revenue without having to spend to actually improve their teams. Mediocrity will be rewarded.

Also of note

The current eighth seed in the NL has a .489 winning percentage. The sixth and seventh seeds are .500.

Zero reason for me to continue to be invested in any regular season. Asinine.

This one hundred percent. This does nothing but reward mediocrity.

The whole pandemic has been an excuse for the owners to shove all their ****** ideas in without too big of an uproar. The expanded playoffs especially is an opportunity for them to make more money while spending less money. I'd bet pretty much all the new changes are here to stay.

The Angels fired Billy Epler, which is B.S. He doesn't have any big free agency misses, and fixed the minor league system that was the worst in all of baseball by a large margin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234