Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,689
    Y'all can bet people by that I mean fans will have trash cans ready as a way to taunt the Astros whenever they come to any of your towns to play...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO let's bang on trash cans or bring buzzers LOL

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    I for one am surprised by the reaction the fans had to the Astro's at their first spring training game.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd say the Astros are just as much of a lock (if not more) than the Yankees.
    I'm not too sure about that. Verlander and Greinke are great. Though if they fall off, which old players tend to do, I see their rotation as a major weakness. Yankees as well. In my opinion the best overall team in the AL is Minnesota.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,311
    Apperently the Astros are back to their signing stealing ways....
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...ating-scandal/

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,292
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Apperently the Astros are back to their signing stealing ways....
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...ating-scandal/
    Dude, this is like two days old. Other posters were talking about it in the other thread. Keep up.


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    10,957
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'm not too sure about that. Verlander and Greinke are great. Though if they fall off, which old players tend to do, I see their rotation as a major weakness. Yankees as well. In my opinion the best overall team in the AL is Minnesota.
    Ya I agree, twins are just a well ran organization. They had a nice off-season also. Indians if they can add a bat (maybe Puig) or someone at deadline I think will be very good. Boston Should be up there and Tampa. A's are always interesting.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,802

    Embedded tweet

    It begins.


    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,292
    ^ This is one of the many reasons I found Stanton's "80 home runs" comment laughable. That dude could be hitting off a tee-ball stand and he still couldn't hit 80 home runs in a season. Because he couldn't stay healthy long enough to pull that off.

    In all seriousness, though, I hope the guy gets healthy and can actually play the majority of the year. I don't wish injuries on anyone, and the Yankees had more than their fair share last season.


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    10,957
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    ^ This is one of the many reasons I found Stanton's "80 home runs" comment laughable. That dude could be hitting off a tee-ball stand and he still couldn't hit 80 home runs in a season. Because he couldn't stay healthy long enough to pull that off.

    In all seriousness, though, I hope the guy gets healthy and can actually play the majority of the year. I don't wish injuries on anyone, and the Yankees had more than their fair share last season.
    This is clear example of someone not staying in shape at all. I would demand money back if im Yankees. not that they need it.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,204
    Chris Davis is having an OK start to spring training

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,438
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It begins.

    The guy's a cream puff. He's missed significant time in 6 of his 10 seasons.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,204
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    The guy's a cream puff. He's missed significant time in 6 of his 10 seasons.
    I don't think I'll ever understand this way of thinking with Stanton. Obviously last year was awful, but the only other time he really missed a ton of time was 2015.

    2010: 100 games (rookie yr, called up in June)
    2011: 150
    2012: 123
    2013: 116
    2014: 145
    2015: 74
    2016: 119
    2017: 159
    2018: 158
    2019: 18

    He's talked about like he's Jacoby Ellsbury who literally didn't play a single game the last 2 years

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,614
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand this way of thinking with Stanton. Obviously last year was awful, but the only other time he really missed a ton of time was 2015.

    2010: 100 games (rookie yr, called up in June)
    2011: 150
    2012: 123
    2013: 116
    2014: 145
    2015: 74
    2016: 119
    2017: 159
    2018: 158
    2019: 18

    He's talked about like he's Jacoby Ellsbury who literally didn't play a single game the last 2 years
    3 other seasons he missed ~40 games. That's a lot. The monetary commitment to a guy who is so frequently on the shelf is absurd.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Chris Davis is having an OK start to spring training
    He looks like he's back on the juice.....or Adderall......or whatever.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,204
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He looks like he's back on the juice.....or Adderall......or whatever.
    Maybe both

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •