Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RAW 2/17: No Holds Barred

No this isn't a sequel to the Hulk Hogan film...this is the match up between two legends of the business: Matt Hardy and Randy Orton. We're also due a Sermon from the Messiah and a collision of the Rusev/Lashley feud with the Humberto (with emphasis) and Angel Garza feud.

More details: https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/wwe-raw-feb-17-2020
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

nice job Dbroncos!
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Let's hope this weeks version of Raw isn't

Looks like Matt Hardy is being repackaged or he's leaving for AEW. I was reading his contract with WWE is up on March 1st so i have to bet its the latter, especially the way he was put out to pasture by Orton tonight.

I wonder if the Broken or Woken gimmick comes with him to AEW. Obviously, there would be some copyright issues if WWE trademarked some of that stuff.

Buddy Murphy the next in line to casually drop his first name apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Looks like Matt Hardy is being repackaged or he's leaving for AEW. I was reading his contract with WWE is up on March 1st so i have to bet its the latter, especially the way he was put out to pasture by Orton tonight.

I wonder if the Broken or Woken gimmick comes with him to AEW. Obviously, there would be some copyright issues if WWE trademarked some of that stuff.
    Considering that Borash is working for WWE, I am surprised that they didn't carry the Woken/Broken thing further. Big missed opportunity by Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Considering that Borash is working for WWE, I am surprised that they didn't carry the Woken/Broken thing further. Big missed opportunity by Vince.
    Vince extracted what he wanted out of that. He wanted a Hardy reunion to make merch money, he wanted some of the trademarks to the Woken/Broken gimmick, and he wanted to job out Matt to younger guys. This diminishes Matt's value if he decides to re-sign or if he decides to go elsewhere.

Vince is a weird guy. He's loyal but if you outlive your usefulness and he hears rumblings you might go elsewhere, he'll bury you on your way out.

Vince extracted what he wanted out of that. He wanted a Hardy reunion to make merch money, he wanted some of the trademarks to the Woken/Broken gimmick, and he wanted to job out Matt to younger guys. This diminishes Matt's value if he decides to re-sign or if he decides to go elsewhere.

Vince is a weird guy. He's loyal but if you outlive your usefulness and he hears rumblings you might go elsewhere, he'll bury you on your way out.
    lol i dont blame him though

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol i dont blame him though
    Yeah I dont either. Its business and the guy on his way out is supposed to do the job. The problem is Vince has a tendency to **** on a hot gimmick the minute the guy enters WWE. There was a lot of creative possibilities for the Woken/Broken gimmick imo. I understand they had to get around Impact's copyright claims and Matts injury but it had more potential.

Hopefully he gets it over and continues evolving in AEW. If Jericho can be over at 48, Hardy can be at 45.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-19-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Yeah I dont either. Its business and the guy on his way out is supposed to do the job. The problem is Vince has a tendency to **** on a hot gimmick the minute the guy enters WWE. There was a lot of creative possibilities for the Woken/Broken gimmick imo. I understand they had to get around Impact's copyright claims and Matts injury but it had more potential.

Hopefully he gets it over and continues evolving in AEW. If Jericho can be over at 48, Hardy can be at 45

Replace Jericho and Hardy with Jarrett and Sting/Angle and you have TNA when it first started.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    Replace Jericho and Hardy with Jarrett and Sting/Angle and you have TNA when it first started.
    That's true. You need star power to get eyes on the product though. Then you start creating your own stars like TNA did with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, EC3, Bobby Roode, etc.

That's true. You need star power to get eyes on the product though. Then you start creating your own stars like TNA did with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, EC3, Bobby Roode, etc.
    This is why I don't think there was a single better choice for AEW champion other than Jericho. He absolutely has the most star power of anyone in the company. Moxley is the second most and probably Kenny and Cody are beneath him. I know wrestling fans probably bristle at hearing that Kenny is probably the fourth most in star power. But people outside the wrestling bubble have NEVER heard of him. People know Jericho and a few know Moxley and less know Cody but if they know his father, then that number might pass Moxley. I don't think many more people outside of wrestling know the difference between Kenny Omega and the random enhancement talent that might feature on a weekly show to job out.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is why I don't think there was a single better choice for AEW champion other than Jericho. He absolutely has the most star power of anyone in the company. Moxley is the second most and probably Kenny and Cody are beneath him. I know wrestling fans probably bristle at hearing that Kenny is probably the fourth most in star power. But people outside the wrestling bubble have NEVER heard of him. People know Jericho and a few know Moxley and less know Cody but if they know his father, then that number might pass Moxley. I don't think many more people outside of wrestling know the difference between Kenny Omega and the random enhancement talent that might feature on a weekly show to job out.
    Jericho had to be champ for sure. He gets the most eyeballs on the product. Its a shame Punk didn't get a deal done with AEW because that would have been a huge score for them and he could have been in that mix as well. It would have brought over more WWE fans as well. That hierarchy is a good start for them. They already have emerging talent with Luchasaurus, MJF, Adam Page, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, Orange Cassidy, as well.

They have their platform, they're profitable (from reports), now its just about continually building the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Vince is the King of "Big Missed Opportunity." Vince should go into his own HOF because he is the master of screwing things up.
    Screw sabermetics.

adding stars will help but aew has dropped the ball so far... i mean even someone like omega is just being used all wrong... from day 1 he should have been the guy they built it all around and now its all about jericho/ambrose and swagger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast