Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 114
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    33,023
    I might roll with Amaro.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I might roll with Amaro.
    Picking on "Simple Jack"?
    You bully.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    33,023
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Picking on "Simple Jack"?
    You bully.

    That's right! Lol

    There were quite a few on the board who thought he was going to be all pro level.

    He was a pretty much a bust IMO.
    I didn't love the pick. I wanted Fiedorowicz. He was no better.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's right! Lol

    There were quite a few on the board who thought he was going to be all pro level.

    He was a pretty much a bust IMO.
    I didn't love the pick. I wanted Fiedorowicz. He was no better.
    I thought he was going to be a good pick, although I preferred Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.

    Amaro was a strange one, he did ok when spread from the line, but line him up as a conventional TE and he wasn't the same.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,808
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I thought he was going to be a good pick, although I preferred Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.

    Amaro was a strange one, he did ok when spread from the line, but line him up as a conventional TE and he wasn't the same.
    Yup, and Amaro also had awful hands.

    Hes my pick as well. We passed on Allen Robinson, Devante Adams, etc to pick this bust.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,736
    Kyle Brady
    Too easy
    We passed on freaking Warren Sapp for a blocking TE

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    Jace Amaro
    2nd round pick
    53 targets
    38 recs
    345 yds
    2 TDs

    Doug Jolley
    Cost 1st round pick
    50 targets
    29 recs
    324 yds
    1 TD

    Jolley had worse numbers and cost a 1st round pick.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    A bust isn't labeled by who you could have had, otherwise Al Toon would be a bust because Jerry Rice went shortly after he was drafted.
    And Ken O'Brien would be the ultimate bust, and you know why.

    Brady still had nearly 1000 yds and 10 TDs for the Jets, and he was a good run blocker.

    Yes, we could have had Sapp, believe me I know, but he wasn't the worst TE we've had.

    Block out emotion and focus on their play for the Jets.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    33,023
    I agree fully. If you draft a guy who is a good player and contributes for 4-6 years or better? It's a solid pick.
    Every draft has guys that fall past their skill level or guys who were just in the wrong situation in college or the pros.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,077
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Jace Amaro
    2nd round pick
    53 targets
    38 recs
    345 yds
    2 TDs

    Doug Jolley
    Cost 1st round pick
    50 targets
    29 recs
    324 yds
    1 TD

    Jolley had worse numbers and cost a 1st round pick.
    I agree with you on Doug Jolley based on the cost alone. When I look at some of the people I would put on these lists, I think cost has to be taken into account as well. Considering in 3 of the picks right after where the Jets would have been drafting, they could have had Roddy White, Heath Miller, or Logan Mankins.
    Eichel Tower

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    33,023
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Jace Amaro
    2nd round pick
    53 targets
    38 recs
    345 yds
    2 TDs

    Doug Jolley
    Cost 1st round pick
    50 targets
    29 recs
    324 yds
    1 TD

    Jolley had worse numbers and cost a 1st round pick.
    Damn. I guess I liked Amaro more because we drafted him
    But your argument is compelling.

    My counter is the Jets gave up their first, the 26th pick but got a second round pick back, the 47th pick.
    So they moved a very late round first and 7th for him, a mid second and a couple 6ths.

    I still go with Armaro



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Damn. I guess I liked Amaro more because we drafted him
    But your argument is compelling.

    My counter is the Jets gave up their first, the 26th pick but got a second round pick back, the 47th pick.
    So they moved a very late round first and 7th for him, a mid second and a couple 6ths.

    I still go with Armaro
    One more interesting thing that puts Doug Jolley at the top is that he spent 3 years with the Raiders.
    His averages as a Raider:
    30 catches per yr
    324 yards per yr
    Just under 2 TDs per yr

    If you knew what Amaro would be, would you trade a 1st round pick for him?

    Because that's exactly what the Jets did for 1 year of play from Jolley.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    33,023
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    One more interesting thing that puts Doug Jolley at the top is that he spent 3 years with the Raiders.
    His averages as a Raider:
    30 catches per yr
    324 yards per yr
    Just under 2 TDs per yr

    If you knew what Amaro would be, would you trade a 1st round pick for him?

    Because that's exactly what the Jets did for 1 year of play from Jolley.
    Oof Great rebuttal.

    If I truly thought he would be a great fit for my offense and I didn't lose a pick but rather got set back 20 spots in the draft? (That's essentially whaat he cost. They gave up 26 and got 47)
    I might. I don't know but I might.

    It's a tough call.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oof Great rebuttal.

    If I truly thought he would be a great fit for my offense and I didn't lose a pick but rather got set back 20 spots in the draft? (That's essentially whaat he cost. They gave up 26 and got 47)
    I might. I don't know but I might.

    It's a tough call.

    I was going to add a flex poaition but instead we'll call this a tie, and go double TE.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,719
    I'm not sure how many people are familiar with specific OLmen, so just name them regardless of OL position.

    OL

    Let's Go!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •