Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 114
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,511
    Ralph Clayton & Tony Martin.

    Martin was drafted in the 5th in '89 placed on waivers and picked up by Miami. He was ok there but then went to SD and became a star.

    Similar to Rex keeping Joe McKnight and releasing Danny Woodhead.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    Devin Smith looks like he's on the team, but the 2nd WR spot is still up for grabs.
    Last edited by MrX27; 02-21-2020 at 11:48 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,978
    Devin Smith for sure. I was happy with the pick and thought he'd be really good.

    Stephen Hill? Adarius stewart? Going back to Ryan Yarborogough


    I will go Smith and Hill



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,808
    Devin Smith for me as well. He was a major disappointment.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    35,184
    Smith had one good catch against the phins and did absolutely nothing else (in large part due to injuries). Hill had a few good games but was otherwise a huge disappointment (especially because he was compared to past GT receivers who went on to have massive careers). MrX mentioned McCarrens, who definitely put up enough numbers to not be mentioned with with Smith and Hill... but, man, that dude just dropped every key 3rd down pass thrown his way. He was like the anti-Cotchery.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    Re-vote

    We still need a 2nd WR, so we can move on.

    Pick one:
    Yarborough
    Hatchette
    McCareins
    Hill
    Hansen
    Clayton
    Martin
    Harvin

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    I'm going Hatchette we paid him and he came in as a big time Free Agent, and he's been mentioned more by me here than his actual highlights for the Jets.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,978
    I will stick with Hill. He was a combine freak and couldn't catch a cold.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will stick with Hill. He was a combine freak and couldn't catch a cold.
    He had good games though.

    Didn't he have a multi TD game out the gate?
    That's more than some others entirety.

    He was a bust, but like Kellen Clemens, he at least had a moment in the sun.

    Because I can point to at least a couple good games, Hill gets a pass based on worse play by others.

    Hatchette was considered a good FA pickup by most, the Jets gave him a multi-year deal worth millions.

    His stats:
    15 targets
    2 receptions
    44 yards

    That is not 1 game, that is his entire Jets career.

    For comparison, Devin Smith's 2 years with the Jets:

    31 targets
    10 receptions
    135 yards
    1 TD

    Stephen Hill's production was better than both of them combined and multiplied by 2.

    Its sad that there are this many choices for bad WRs.
    Last edited by MrX27; 02-22-2020 at 08:57 PM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Smith had one good catch against the phins and did absolutely nothing else (in large part due to injuries). Hill had a few good games but was otherwise a huge disappointment (especially because he was compared to past GT receivers who went on to have massive careers). MrX mentioned McCarrens, who definitely put up enough numbers to not be mentioned with with Smith and Hill... but, man, that dude just dropped every key 3rd down pass thrown his way. He was like the anti-Cotchery.
    We took Hill over Alshon Jeffrey

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,732
    Why no Lam Jones? #2 overall pick

    Add salt to wounds, Jets traded up to get Jones, giving the 13th and 20th overall picks to the 49ers

    Oh God
    In the 1980 NFL Draft, the New York Jets were targeting offensive tackle Anthony Munoz with the second overall pick they obtained from the San Francisco 49ers, but settled for Jones after their team physician recommended not to take Munoz, who failed a physical exam because he had undergone reconstructive knee surgery.
    Last edited by Larry M; 02-23-2020 at 08:20 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,978
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    He had good games though.

    Didn't he have a multi TD game out the gate?
    That's more than some others entirety.

    He was a bust, but like Kellen Clemens, he at least had a moment in the sun.

    Because I can point to at least a couple good games, Hill gets a pass based on worse play by others.

    Hatchette was considered a good FA pickup by most, the Jets gave him a multi-year deal worth millions.

    His stats:
    15 targets
    2 receptions
    44 yards

    That is not 1 game, that is his entire Jets career.

    For comparison, Devin Smith's 2 years with the Jets:

    31 targets
    10 receptions
    135 yards
    1 TD

    Stephen Hill's production was better than both of them combined and multiplied by 2.

    Its sad that there are this many choices for bad WRs.
    Fair argument.

    What about Curtis Conway? I believe he was benched because he didn't "play to win the game"



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Fair argument.

    What about Curtis Conway? I believe he was benched because he didn't "play to win the game"
    Conway was toward the end of his career and he still put up 46 rec for 630 yds.
    Notngreat but better than others.

    Because of production I'm naming Hatchette so we can move on to.........

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    TE

    Name your pick!!!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    8,704
    TE Doug Jolley

    He cost us a 1st rounder and only started 7 games in 1 year here.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •