Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I dunno. When I watch All-Star Game highlights, I'm not seeing highlights of guys dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, taking their guy off the dribble and putting up 8-foot floaters. It's all dunks and highlight reel plays until the 4th quarter when teams start caring. Harden's game is all finesse and trickery. That doesn't really play well in a setting where you're expected to show off your athleticism. I constantly hear people say "I hate the way Harden plays basketball" or "The Rockets are such an ugly team to watch." Not exactly the brand of basketball you want to see in an ASG.

I will say that it's disappointing that it looks like his 3-point shot wasn't falling more. Because you can pretty much take 3-pointers all game long if you want. And he did tie for the team-lead in assists and had the highest plus-minus of all the starters on Team Lebron.

But I just wrote two paragraphs discussing the man's performance in a freaking ASG, which is two paragraphs more than this topic deserved. It certainly didn't deserve a thread, much less three pages of one. Looking at the box score, it looks like you could criticize the play of Lebron, Westbrook, Booker, Sabonis, Lowry, Mitchell, etc. Do we need threads for all of those guys, too? No. Because it's an ASG. It's a fun distraction, but nothing more.
    You should track down that fourth quarter (and the last minute or so of the third). They finally made something interesting for the ASG.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Making hype... i guess AD is as well

[Woodyard] Anthony Davis calls the 2020 ASG an all-time classic: “Absolutely. For the seven I’ve been in, I think this was probably one of the better ones. We were actually out there competing and we were arguing with the refs. It felt like a real playoff game and that’s what makes it fun.”

Move Along kiddo... this isnt your night... literally everyone you have issues with went off

lebron shut down giannis
    joel dominated and carried giannis
    ben simmons was the 2nd best player on his team behind KL and should have been in over harden
    Gobert was a god but defensive players shouldnt make it right???????
    In all fairness what the **** does Anthony Davis know about playoff games LMFAO!

Rippin' lips son!!

Joel is the MVP if butler is in over lowry... come at me... Best in the world cant hold a candle to the dream shake.
    Rudy would have been MVP if he actually played in the 4th. Come at me haha

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Rudy would have been MVP if he actually played in the 4th. Come at me haha
    but but but he shouldnt even be there because who wants to see defensive guys in the all star game lololololol

dude was a god

Let's center an offense around Jojo O and siakam and make giannis the 5th option. Brilliant.
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

do these 2 rely on the nba and contact way to often? tonight yet again both guys pretty much **** the bed in the 4th when the defenses cracked down and giannis wasn't allowed to just dunk and neither guy was getting the ticky tack foul calls but both were looking for them.... its just an all star game but when the time came everyone cracked down and neither guy could do anything at all in the 4th where tbf both teams were playing like it was game 7 of the damn finals... is this a bad sign for them for the playoffs?
    They **** the bed in the 4th? Shouldn't talk **** when Jojo Oden can't get out of the second round. Child please.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    They **** the bed in the 4th? Shouldn't talk **** when Jojo Oden can't get out of the second round. Child please.
    whats this have to do with this game? neither giannis or joel have won anything but joel also has never had a team catered to him so his weaknesses arent exposed

whats this have to do with this game? neither giannis or joel have won anything but joel also has never had a team catered to him so his weaknesses arent exposed
    The offenses wasn't built around Giannis last night. Not me but the consensus of nba Twitter. It's an exhibition game that you're trying to make into a big deal.. It's not

The offenses wasn't built around Giannis last night. Not me but the consensus of nba Twitter. It's an exhibition game that you're trying to make into a big deal.. It's not
    they were all playing insanely hard... it was a big deal to the players on the court.... Giannis was like a mad man with his energy and going all out.. Lebron played defense with a purpose and yes it was a meaningless game but these dudes went hard and harden and giannis vanished in the 4th. So again what is your point? The players thought it was a big deal and played like it.

Well both teams did not rip the net in the closing of the game not sure why you picked out Harden and Giannis.

they were all playing insanely hard... it was a big deal to the players on the court.... Giannis was like a mad man with his energy and going all out.. Lebron played defense with a purpose and yes it was a meaningless game but these dudes went hard and harden and giannis vanished in the 4th. So again what is your point? The players thought it was a big deal and played like it.
    "playing insanely hard" is you're only argument to base this thread on? Jojo played extremely hard in his second round exits and Greg Oden played extremely hard but I haven't posted a thread recently asking who is better between the two even though I noticed that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Well both teams did not rip the net in the closing of the game not sure why you picked out Harden and Giannis.
    pretty easily tbh... giannis was taking jabs at harden before/during and after the game... giannis did his job the first 3 quarters then they put lebron on him and lebron just dominated him... harden was bad all game and giannis was spot on for not picking him. Both guys ended up costing their teams

giannis after the game again talking trash on harden... even though giannis was shut down by lebron and cost his team the game...

Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo on Team Giannis’s late-game offensive strategy in All-Star Game: “Offensively, we were just trying to find whoever James Harden was guarding. That’s who we thought we had an opportunity to score on.”
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-18-2020 at 12:29 AM.

"playing insanely hard" is you're only argument to base this thread on? Jojo played extremely hard in his second round exits and Greg Oden played extremely hard but I haven't posted a thread recently asking who is better between the two even though I noticed that comparison.
    well yea you are just trying to troll mine has merit... giannis was taking shots at harden and did so again after the game and was 100 percent right about harden... if your gonna take shots then backing it up is a huge thing and giannis got owned by lebron in the 4th which cost his team the win... team lebron clogged the lanes and the refs werent giving ticky tack fail calls which is 2 things giannis needs or it kills him... harden needs the fouls as well... both guys were putrid in the 4th but giannis at least played very good the first 3 quarters when teams werent defending.... harden was just bad... so seeing their performance and how giannis went out of his way to talk trash it all fits good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    In all fairness what the **** does Anthony Davis know about playoff games LMFAO!
    didnt see this gem

kudos

also i am just glad joel didnt start crying after the loss : )

well yea you are just trying to troll mine has merit... giannis was taking shots at harden and did so again after the game and was 100 percent right about harden... if your gonna take shots then backing it up is a huge thing and giannis got owned by lebron in the 4th which cost his team the win... team lebron clogged the lanes and the refs werent giving ticky tack fail calls which is 2 things giannis needs or it kills him... harden needs the fouls as well... both guys were putrid in the 4th but giannis at least played very good the first 3 quarters when teams werent defending.... harden was just bad... so seeing their performance and how giannis went out of his way to talk trash it all fits good sir.
    Your thread has as much merit as my proposed thread does. I'm right. You're wrong. This is an awful thread and failed attempt at trolling mbt and I.

Lebron sued good defense on Giannis? Yet Giannis owned lebron in their match up this year. And then blew the healthy clippers put by 30-40. But **** that. Let's talk the asg seriously. Then Simmons and embiid thread is warranted. As well a proposed thread about jojo oden compared to oden because both play hard.

FOH

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast