Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    He has to wear that thing to play? He's basically a DH. How will he have any lateral mobility with that?
    While that looks a lot larger than the one I wore after knee surgery, they’re not too much of a hindrance.

Either way, brace or no brace, he’s done. Someone call Clay “Father time is undefeated”

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If he says he considers himself the luckiest man on the face of the earth I’m blaming you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go ahead. Blame Me me me me....
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

So basically, similar to Wright at the end of his career, Lowrie has to show up to camp, do what he can on the field (in his case, wear the brace), in order to pass go and collect the remaining amount on his salary. Doesn't look like he'll be much of a contributor again. I expect he'll spend most of the season on the IL and in rehab before announcing his retirement.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

I have a feeling Lowrie has a degenerative knee condition that’s going to keep getting worse but the guy desperately wants to suit up for the Mets and be productive one time before he retires once his contract is up.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I have a feeling Lowrie has a degenerative knee condition that’s going to keep getting worse but the guy desperately wants to suit up for the Mets and be productive one time before he retires once his contract is up.

Ok, let me put it to you this way:

The Mets owe Jed Lowrie $10 million in 2020 if Jed Lowrie decides he wants to play baseball in 2020.

That's it. That's his entire obligation. It's not that he desperately wants to suit up. It's that he has to show up if he wants to collect his $10 million. And that's precisely what he's going to do because he knows at age 35, he'll never make that much money in one year for the rest of his whole life.

Now, if the Mets decide they don't want him around anymore, fine, then he's free to go and collect his $10 million and try the next new adventure in his life. But until then, he has to suit up, wear the glove, lace up the cleats, and get his butt out on the field.

Not a bad deal at all.

And yeah, great signing, Brodie.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ok, let me put it to you this way:

The Mets owe Jed Lowrie $10 million in 2020 if Jed Lowrie decides he wants to play baseball in 2020.

That's it. That's his entire obligation. It's not that he desperately wants to suit up. It's that he has to show up if he wants to collect his $10 million. And that's precisely what he's going to do because he knows at age 35, he'll never make that much money in one year for the rest of his whole life.

Now, if the Mets decide they don't want him around anymore, fine, then he's free to go and collect his $10 million and try the next new adventure in his life. But until then, he has to suit up, wear the glove, lace up the cleats, and get his butt out on the field.

Not a bad deal at all.
    I get that, he’s gonna get paid either way. He wouldn’t be at ST running around with a brace if he didn’t want to play.

My point is, the guy probably has a condition that’s going to continuously get worse, he realizes that he has very little baseball left in him and at this point, just wants to get on the field - regardless of the money. BVW being his agent probably plays a bit of a factor in him wanting to be productive and save face to Mets fans and the FO.

He’s gonna get paid either way but that doesn’t mean he necessarily wants the easy way out. Obviously, we’re both speculating here but I genuinely feel that Lowrie is gonna want to play because his kneecap is disintegrating and he knows that this is going to be his last year on a ML roster.

On top of that, it’s a contract year. Guy wants to prove his health to either get to the playoffs this year or to get a contract next year.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I get that, he’s gonna get paid either way. He wouldn’t be at ST running around with a brace if he didn’t want to play.

My point is, the guy probably has a condition that’s going to continuously get worse, he realizes that he has very little baseball left in him and at this point, just wants to get on the field - regardless of the money. BVW being his agent probably plays a bit of a factor in him wanting to be productive and save face to Mets fans and the FO.

He’s gonna get paid either way but that doesn’t mean he necessarily wants the easy way out. Obviously, we’re both speculating here but I genuinely feel that Lowrie is gonna want to play because his kneecap is disintegrating and he knows that this is going to be his last year on a ML roster.

On top of that, it’s a contract year. Guy wants to prove his health to either get to the playoffs this year or to get a contract next year.
    I don't think his motivation is to prove his health or to get to the playoffs. He's just fulfilling his legal obligations so he can collect his $10 million. Doubtful he has any designs on next season or beyond.

I don't think his motivation is to prove his health or to get to the playoffs. He's just fulfilling his legal obligations so he can collect his $10 million. Doubtful he has any designs on next season or beyond.
    You make frequent guesses and assumptions about players... It's kinda weird...

When you obviously have no clue what said player's intentions are, you enjoy speaking on their behalf as if it's fact..... Or you just wanna argue with people who disagree. Either one...

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You make frequent guesses and assumptions about players... It's kinda weird...

When you obviously have no clue what said player's intentions are, you enjoy speaking on their behalf as if it's fact..... Or you just wanna argue with people who disagree. Either one...
    Dude, really?

The man was out just about all last year because of a leg injury. He shows up in ST this season wearing a brace the size of a small freight train but somehow you think it's a stretch to think he's out on the field to make sure he gets paid his $10 million?

Really?

Sounds like Occam's Razor to me but reasonable people can always disagree, I suppose.

As far as the weird part goes, you're just noticing?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 02-18-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Dude, really?

The man was out just about all last year because of a leg injury. He shows up in ST this season wearing a brace the size of a small freight train but somehow you think it's a stretch to think he's out on the field to make sure he gets paid his $10 million?

Really?

Sounds like Occam's Razor to me but reasonable people can always disagree, I suppose.

As far as the weird part goes, you're just noticing?
    Lol

Not a big fan of Nido either. It would've been better to sign Jason Castro for $8 million and have him compete with Ramos for playing time. Lowrie is turning into one of the worse signings in recent memory. I was hoping that he would be the backup middle infielder and push Cano. Cespedes may just regain his starting job in left field. But I see Davis as our right fielder of the future after Cespedes leaves and Conforto moves back to his natural position in left field. Conforto does not have the arm to play right field, but Davis does. If they were smart they would give Davis reps in right field with that powerful throwing arm. Former pitcher remember?
    Last edited by erickench; 02-20-2020 at 07:28 PM.

The Mets may have an expanded roster at the delayed opening of the season. When the season started late in 1995, the rosters were expanded to 28 players in the early season.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The Mets may have an expanded roster at the delayed opening of the season. When the season started late in 1995, the rosters were expanded to 28 players in the early season.
    Tim Tebow: "So you're saying there's a chance..."

Brodie: "No."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Tim Tebow: "So you're saying there's a chance..."

Brodie: "No."
    Wilpon: will it make me money?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast