Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Want the Yankees but hate cable.

I am done with cable prices. I am going to keep the internet service and use other platforms for entertainment. Yet, What have you guys and gals done to get the Yankees, what platforms have you used ?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I am done with cable prices. I am going to keep the internet service and use other platforms for entertainment. Yet, What have you guys and gals done to get the Yankees, what platforms have you used ?
    MLB.com is 100 bucks a year. You get to pick your team and can choose either broadcast (home or away).

We just ditched cable. I have Hulu. If you're in the tri state region, you get the yes network. The basic is 54.99 a month. But we went with the 60.99 plan with comes with no ads(when you watch on the computer or app)

Plus we went with the unlimited screens/ enhanced DVR package. Gives us 200 hours of dvr cloud storage for an extra 15 bucks a month total. So it's like 76 bucks a month. We're saving 125 a month compared to cable. With the unlimited streams option I can watch the yes network on my phone through the Hulu app. It's a really nice feature. The basic let's you watch it on two tvs, unlimited screens is unlimited tvs in the house and 3 mobile devices at one time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I use YouTube TV for cable, but since I live in NC I don't get YES.

I've used MLB.tv for the past 6 or 7 years and it works great. And now that I recently switched to T Mobile I get it for free. Only downside is I don't get the games when we play Baltimore or the Nationals bc they're all considered local, so it gets blacked out.

I also can't get those games thru YouTube TV bc they're on MASN, and 108 year old Peter Angelos (Orioles owner and head person in charge of MASN) thinks streaming is the devil and won't allow his network to be streamed thru cable services.

So when we play the Orioles or Nats I'm SOL.

I'm told DirectTV caries the Yes Network...

But I agree, we just(2 weeks ago) dumped cable for TV only.. kept their internet because the alternatives here in Phoenix were WORSE... We went to Dish Network.. Still no Yes network (then again.. Being in Phoenix.. most yankee games start when I'm in the office still and are nearly over by the time I get home).. but I saved $150/month going from Cox to Dish... I can purchase extra innings or MLB.tv.. but again.. being on Pacific time for the baseball season, the games are mostly over by the time I get home from work. (except for the games out here on the coast)..just not worth it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    I'm told DirectTV caries the Yes Network...

But I agree, we just(2 weeks ago) dumped cable for TV only.. kept their internet because the alternatives here in Phoenix were WORSE... We went to Dish Network.. Still no Yes network (then again.. Being in Phoenix.. most yankee games start when I'm in the office still and are nearly over by the time I get home).. but I saved $150/month going from Cox to Dish... I can purchase extra innings or MLB.tv.. but again.. being on Pacific time for the baseball season, the games are mostly over by the time I get home from work. (except for the games out here on the coast)..just not worth it for me...
    in manhattan you can switch between spectrum and verizon and maybe a few others every 2 years and get triple play for a 100 bucks a month for 2 years or a year...

after 5 years on spectrum and now being charged 200 bucks a month for my services i intend to switch to verizon fios for 2 years at 100 bucks a month and fees and taxes...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    in manhattan you can switch between spectrum and verizon and maybe a few others every 2 years and get triple play for a 100 bucks a month for 2 years or a year...
    We always stuck with verizon, speed and quality was the best imo. Manhattan has 23 residential ISPs, but most of them have limited service areas in the borough. For example, you can only find Xfinity in a tiny part of Midtown. Imo Verizon offers the most bang (940Mbps) for the bucks.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We always stuck with verizon, speed and quality was the best imo. Manhattan has 23 residential ISPs, but most of them have limited service areas in the borough. For example, you can only find Xfinity in a tiny part of Midtown. Imo Verizon offers the most bang (940Mbps) for the bucks.
    true but spectrum prices the first year is always 99 bucks no taxes or fees added on unlike fios.. second year 119 again no taxes or fees added on... so it was a bargain..plus this may sound crazy but fios took away the weather channel at that time and many fios customers were outraged.. spectrum has the weather channel..

also the benefit of spectrum and fios unlike other isp that i am aware of.. is they have no data caps on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    Yeah, but alas.. the closest Manhattan here is Manhattan Beach... and believe me, if I lived there.. I'd be outside with a drink in my hand watching the bikini's go by...

I just have to wait for MLB network or ESPN to carry the Yanks (often against the Sux) on weekends or when the Yanks make a west coast swing and I can get the games on one of the networks out here.

Being on the west coast, Tacoma/Seattle i can't find a way to get YES. I would love for that to change. It cost me 129 for the MLB package

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Being on the west coast, Tacoma/Seattle i can't find a way to get YES. I would love for that to change. It cost me 129 for the MLB package
    MLB.tv (streaming) package is pretty cheap though. I get it free thru t mobile, but before last yr I paid for the entire league and it was around $120.
    Compared to NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket it's very affordable.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    MLB.tv (streaming) package is pretty cheap though. I get it free thru t mobile, but before last yr I paid for the entire league and it was around $120.
    Compared to NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket it's very affordable.
    Yep.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    We just ditched cable. I have Hulu. If you're in the tri state region, you get the yes network. The basic is 54.99 a month. But we went with the 60.99 plan with comes with no ads(when you watch on the computer or app)

Plus we went with the unlimited screens/ enhanced DVR package. Gives us 200 hours of dvr cloud storage for an extra 15 bucks a month total. So it's like 76 bucks a month. We're saving 125 a month compared to cable. With the unlimited streams option I can watch the yes network on my phone through the Hulu app. It's a really nice feature. The basic let's you watch it on two tvs, unlimited screens is unlimited tvs in the house and 3 mobile devices at one time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I am trying the Hulu free trial for a week. I Have Yes, but can't say I am in love with the rest of the content. So essentially I would be paying 60 bucks for the Yankees But I will sign up for Hulu the months the season is on. Word to the wise Verizon Fios shows no customer loyalty. I have had it for years and they won't budge. I live in the Bronx and they have a virtual monopoly in my neighborhood for internet access. They won't lower my bill to any meaningful level. Even cutting the chord for cable would still have me tied to them for internet as result. Any way my goal is to save like 100 a month but I will take the moral victory of 45, lol. It's the moral of the story kids. I have a daughter in College I can't take away her internet. Otherwise I would listen to the Yankees on the radio every game but Susan Waldman gives me the creeps with her judgmental insight, times she retires.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast