Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

New York Knicks Mount Rushmore

When it comes to the Knicks organization, I think we all can agree on three out of the four names:

1) Walt Frazier
    2) Willis Reed
    3) Patrick Ewing

Then it becomes more complicated.

We have options such as Bernard King, Earl Monroe, Carmelo Anthony maybe, Dave DeBusschere and some outside shots for Bill Bradley, Dick Barnett, Allan Houston, Dick McGuire and John Starks I guess.

That 4th spot becomes a tough choice.

So who do you have for the Knicks Mount Rushmore?

I'm kinda torn between King and DeBusschere.

New York Knicks Mount Rushmore

First 3 seem inarguable

I wanna say melo for four but I might be biased because I watched his whole tenure here.I canít say that about other contenders namely the pearl, king and DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would probably put Red Auerbach on there.

If I am doing the Knicks Mount Rushmore easily it would be:

Walt Frazier
    Willis Reed
    Bernard King
    Patrick Ewing

My All-Time Knicks Mount Rushmore:

Walt Frazier: Traded for Jim Cleamons (former Knick asst coach). What a crime.
    Earl Monroe: Black Jesus has to be one of the greatest nicknames ever.
    Bernard King: Nearly defeated the Boston Celtics on one leg.
    Patrick Ewing: The Michael Jordan of Centers. 15 foot jumper. Fadeaway. Tomahawk dunk. So many moves.

The Kevin Durant Knick Mount Rushmore:

Jerome James
    Eddy Curry
    Andrea Bargnani
    Steve Francis

Knick Mount Rushmore of the last 20 seasons:
    Carmelo Anthony
    Jeremy Lin
    Kristaps Porzingis
    Dalino Gallinari

Not counting coach Red Holtzman, there are only 4 names that could be put up there.

King was simply amazing but he was way to short lived as a Knick to be even remotely put ahead of DAVE DEBUSSHERE.........

Many here didn't get to watch him, but he may be he first true stretch 4 ever in the NBA. The guy did everything, think of a Charles Oakley only on steroids........with a much longer shot.

First all if there was a three point shot back then forget about it.......he was a Knick in a very daring trade for the Knicks best player in Walt B. and lived up to it greatly.

He is a HOF player, he was here for 6 years and 6 years all Defensive team, and a ferocious rebounder, and you couldn't double the likes of clyde and Reed with Dave sitting in the corner.

He took on the toughest player and always was amazing. For anyone who could remember or was around when he played, this is not a question mark, he wasn't flashy but he just did everything great, and I mean everything.

Without Dave you wouldn't even have those two rings, and this thread would easily top the list with Patrick and then who knows.

BK will always go under the what could have been list............

And in my opinion after these top 5 come Earl, Melo, Bradley, and H2O.

Melo definitely should not be on the Knicks Mount Rushmore especially because he was not even in a Knicks uniform long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Melo definitely should not be on the Knicks Mount Rushmore especially because he was not even in a Knicks uniform long enough
    I think 7 seasons is long enough, but that isn't the reason he won't be up there. He did log 412 games for the Knicks.

I think Lebron just may make that list on Miami after only 4 seasons?

I also think JKidd makes it for the Nets playing same amount of years as Melo for the Knicks?

I can't decide between Dave D and Monroe. Such a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I can't decide between Dave D and Monroe. Such a tough choice.
    In my opinion, Dave played in more glory years since 68-69 season where Earl joined in 73.

They have almost identical offensive stats as Knick players, almost to the decimal but Dave was 6x all defensive player and also grabbed 11 boards per game, they both were around the same assists and for a PF that says a ton for Dave's passing ability and why the Knicks ball movement was so great.

But to me at least the defense side of the court wasn't even a discussion he was elite and again put up identical offensive stats and did it since 68-69. When we it all said and done with Clyde being traded, Earl's Knicks weren't that good.