Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Eisman is just not a match in the current NBA with Towns. Too many good teams can go small.

I wouldn't give up #1 for Isaac. I don't think it would take that, a 17/Naz/33 may be enough. Or swapping picks. Leaves the #1 open for other use.
    I would love to trade the 33 and Naz for Isaac but no chance they do it, would they do it for the 17, possibly. I've seen teams do stupider things, suns trading away josh jackson for pennies, a year after refusing to include him in a deal with Kyrie comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    They might be compatible but I just don't think Edwards or Beasley or Okogoie or Culver or Russell are anything but 1's/2's really. I also agree with Oefarmy and question how Edwards pans out a little. In the end we will have to be making some moves here to consolidate a little I think and get the most value out of 1.

I mentioned it in another post but none of the top 3 seem like great fits. I dunno it is a tough draft to judge it seems and covid etc. hasn't made it easier with not getting to see as much.

I have seen it mentioned of Barrett/8 elswhere too and that would be nice, especially if we got okongwu who I like there.

Just wanted to quote one of your shorter posts but welcome.
    Thanks man,
    I would love to trade the #1 for RJ and pick 8 to draft either Okongwu or Okoro and then trade the 17 for Isaac. We would then get 3 really useful pieces but that might be like 1000 percent over optimistic.

Rosas is definitely exploring trades but with gsw a pick behind and openly looking to trade, that does minimise the value especially as there is no Zion or AD this draft.
    Last edited by Malik_Sports; 08-22-2020 at 03:20 PM.

For what it's worth, I think Rosas meets with the top 3, see how they perform in trial outs with the view to then allows other teams to take the risk and move backwards. Unless one guy really sticks out with his work ethic, I don't see us drafting us number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    1. I am a little more worried about the trio's lack of defense but I guess the reasoning is "at that price" so fair enough haha.
    2. So I actually am probably an outlier but I think Simmons could be a solid snag for the pick, he plays defense and can be a forward while clearly a facilitator even if it limits our other stars he fits to me in multiple ways others don't on the list at 6'10 with solid D. Beal interests me as well in a similar way to booker. I just don't know how realistic anybody moving is but asking on these guys makes sense to me.
    3. If we don't get a vet in a trade then I definitely prefer moving back for Okongwu. I saw another poster mention Barrett/8 or next years pick if not barrett and have seen that elsewhere, I don't think they would but that type of move getting extra value and still a high pick/mid lotto too with 17/33 makes sense. I really am not sure I like any of Edwards/Ball/Wiseman for us tbh. I agree on the possible Wiggins type you say in different post on Edwards and think Ball has potential but just not a big fan of his fit with what we have but you gotta look into him more than I have to be sure I guess. Of course we get 1 in a draft like this lol, hopefully I am just wrong.
    Yeah, I am really coming around on the Ben Simmons fit if he is somehow made available and is attainable. I think him and Isaac(and Isaac staying healthy) is probably not realistic and I do like Collins as well. So for me I would say Simmons>Collins>#1 pick. If you can snag Isaac from Orlando for he lower pick, I'd roll the dice. I really don't like anyone in this draft, but if I was going to gamble, Edwards would have to be it - he has by far the best combination of physical tools and size for his position. I have a sneakiy feeling that if we pass on Edwards(draft or trade), we are going to live to regret it.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 08-22-2020 at 04:06 PM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Malik_Sports View Post
    Thanks man,
    I would love to trade the #1 for RJ and pick 8 to draft either Okongwu or Okoro and then trade the 17 for Isaac. We would then get 3 really useful pieces but that might be like 1000 percent over optimistic.

Rosas is definitely exploring trades but with gsw a pick behind and openly looking to trade, that does minimise the value especially as there is no Zion or AD this draft.
    Ya we will definitely be reliant on others evaluations and not dictating due to the draft. Should we be able to trade it the what we get back depends on what teams end up valuing X player so highly they feel they need him (Ball seems most common for teams but I have seen Edwards mentioned as really fitting ATL who has pick 6 I think and teams needing C Wiseman so 3 guys kinda). While it might minimize it some we are the ones driving top value back for a pick, teams will try for ours first to ensure whoever it is they want.

I would definitely be alright with okongwu/Barrett/Isaac if possible...

Pick 1, can you believe it?

I'm liking all the Isaac talk - I don't think 17 gets it done though. I could be wrong, but why would they? Unless they think he's going to be injured most of next year and don't intend on extending him..? I think it'd take 17, 33 & Culver at a minimum. Simmons would be brilliant too - but I can't really see a way to get him. Is 1/17/Culver/Johnson enough? Who knows.

I'm very interested to see what we do on Draft Day - I think we'll be making quite a few moves. I'd say there's a 95% chance either 1 or 17 is moved - I can't see any way we take 3 selections.

My preference right now, is to either 1) just take Edwards or 2) trade down to the 6-9 area and take Vassell.

I'd like Patrick Williams at 17 - but I think we only draft either 1 & 33 or 17 & 33. I wouldn't mind Paul Reed at 33 (if we don't take Williams at 17). I do feel like I'm old-school though - Defenders seem to be becoming less and less desirable.

Ideally, my perfect draft would probably look like -

Maybe Pick 1 & James Johnson to Detroit for Pick 7 (to take Vassell), Doumbouya & Kennard

Pick 17 - select Patrick Williams - or trade to Phx/Hou/whoever needs a pick, for a protected 2021 1st and 2nd Round Pick.

Pick 33 - probably just select BPA. I'd like Paul Reed. Could Madar fall to 33? About a 1% chance of it him still being available, but Oturu as a back up to Towns would be nice. I do think we'll keep this pick, given our Cap situation. We will need a back up C at some stage - I like Reid, but he's a third-stringer at this point of his career.

Leaves us with something like -

C: Towns - Paul Reed - Reid
    F: Juancho - Layman - Vanderbilt
    F: Vassell - Doumbouya - Culver
    G: Beasley - Kennard - Okogie
    G: Russell - ?/FA - J Mc

(This is assuming 17 is traded to Houston for thier 2021 1st and 2021 2nd).

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Pick 1, can you believe it?

I'm liking all the Isaac talk - I don't think 17 gets it done though. I could be wrong, but why would they? Unless they think he's going to be injured most of next year and don't intend on extending him..? I think it'd take 17, 33 & Culver at a minimum. Simmons would be brilliant too - but I can't really see a way to get him. Is 1/17/Culver/Johnson enough? Who knows.

I'm very interested to see what we do on Draft Day - I think we'll be making quite a few moves. I'd say there's a 95% chance either 1 or 17 is moved - I can't see any way we take 3 selections.

My preference right now, is to either 1) just take Edwards or 2) trade down to the 6-9 area and take Vassell.

I'd like Patrick Williams at 17 - but I think we only draft either 1 & 33 or 17 & 33. I wouldn't mind Paul Reed at 33 (if we don't take Williams at 17). I do feel like I'm old-school though - Defenders seem to be becoming less and less desirable.

Ideally, my perfect draft would probably look like -

Maybe Pick 1 & James Johnson to Detroit for Pick 7 (to take Vassell), Doumbouya & Kennard

Pick 17 - select Patrick Williams - or trade to Phx/Hou/whoever needs a pick, for a protected 2021 1st and 2nd Round Pick.

Pick 33 - probably just select BPA. I'd like Paul Reed. Could Madar fall to 33? About a 1% chance of it him still being available, but Oturu as a back up to Towns would be nice. I do think we'll keep this pick, given our Cap situation. We will need a back up C at some stage - I like Reid, but he's a third-stringer at this point of his career.

Leaves us with something like -

C: Towns - Paul Reed - Reid
    F: Juancho - Layman - Vanderbilt
    F: Vassell - Doumbouya - Culver
    G: Beasley - Kennard - Okogie
    G: Russell - ?/FA - J Mc

(This is assuming 17 is traded to Houston for thier 2021 1st and 2021 2nd).
    I will say this, if no all-star caliber player is available via trade for that 1st pick(my short list is Beal/Simmons/Collins/Miles Turner), I like the package you are proposing. It's not flashy, but it makes us pretty deep. I completely disagree with Doumbouya over Culver though, Culver had a pretty meh year but he is still much better and more ready that Doum will be for the next 2-3 years. For a backup PG, the list of UFAs is very short, and I would probably say my top target would be Carter-Williams if we can afford him.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Yeah, I am really coming around on the Ben Simmons fit if he is somehow made available and is attainable. I think him and Isaac(and Isaac staying healthy) is probably not realistic and I do like Collins as well. So for me I would say Simmons>Collins>#1 pick. If you can snag Isaac from Orlando for he lower pick, I'd roll the dice. I really don't like anyone in this draft, but if I was going to gamble, Edwards would have to be it - he has by far the best combination of physical tools and size for his position. I have a sneakiy feeling that if we pass on Edwards(draft or trade), we are going to live to regret it.
    I like the Simmons fit now that we have shooting in D-Lo/Beasley/Towns as well. He is a rim attacker who can defend and run an offense. Watching Philly the last week, they are about to make some changes..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Malik_Sports View Post
    I would love to trade the 33 and Naz for Isaac but no chance they do it, would they do it for the 17, possibly. I've seen teams do stupider things, suns trading away josh jackson for pennies, a year after refusing to include him in a deal with Kyrie comes to mind.
    well Orlando has half their cap tied up in 3 meh starters, can, and do, they really want to chuck a bunch of money at Isaac to add to that after next year? Perhaps they feel they could get that value from 17/Reid at a lot cheaper price for a few years. The Rockets used to do this with all their mid-lottery picks (flip them before they had to re-sign them), cause other teams were willing to pay them. Budinger became our problem in this exact way.

Just trying to justify it from both ends , the reality is, Orlando would have to really like a guy at 17, and the cheap upside of Reid, to make that move. Fans tend to think of how a trade benefits their team, not the other.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I think we trade back. Id see how many #1s you can get so they can have Ball. Booker WILL demand a trade in season next year or immediately after. The more #1s we have the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I will say this, if no all-star caliber player is available via trade for that 1st pick(my short list is Beal/Simmons/Collins/Miles Turner), I like the package you are proposing. It's not flashy, but it makes us pretty deep. I completely disagree with Doumbouya over Culver though, Culver had a pretty meh year but he is still much better and more ready that Doum will be for the next 2-3 years. For a backup PG, the list of UFAs is very short, and I would probably say my top target would be Carter-Williams if we can afford him.
    You're right - not flashy, but gives us a lot of young, solid role players.

The Turner one is really interesting for me. I'm a bigger fan than most - the glaringly obvious question is if he can play next to KAT. I'd love to see him in a wolves uni, just because he's one of my favorite players - just not sure with the fit.

You're probably right with Doumbouya, in that he's going to take a bit longer to develop. He's just built for the modern NBA though, I think he can become an elite level defender. With Culver, he probably is better now. I have a bit of bias against him, just because I didn't want him in the draft, so now I tend to look at him in a negative view, which probably blinds me to his positives. I think he can be a good defender, but he needs to stack on some weight/strength. SF's bullied him this season - he is only a rookie, so he's obviously got time. I just don't think he fits with this team at all, which is weird seeing as he was Rosas's first draft pick. His ball handling/distribution wasn't as good as advertised and he's both a poor shooter and finisher. He might become a good finisher, because he seems to know how to cut and get to the rim, but right now, he's not strong enough to convert.

I like your last suggestion - MCW seems a good fit and enables us to mix things up a bit. I've like what he's done for Orlando.

Wolves need to take Edwards

Culver & #1 for Huerter & Collins

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Culver & #1 for Huerter & Collins
    No way the Wolves do this

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Wolves need to take Edwards
    I am not arguing with you there. While I've seen Edwards comparisons to DWade/DMitchel, from what I can gather, I am seeing Westbrook with a 3pt shot as his ceiling. I think he can be that physical and tough down the line. I would say at this point my top scenarios would be:
    1) Trade for Simmons(or Beal if he is made available)
    2) Draft Edwards(I think I have talked myself into him too much, but he has a pretty high chance of being special)
    3) Move down to 7-9, get a couple of established vets and draft Vessel or Okoro(or whoever the FO thinks is the BPA)

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast