Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik_Sports View Post
    Hey guys, I signed up back in 2012 and thought I'd check the messaging boards should any talk arise from the draft lottery last night. So, glad to have won the draft but yeah it is a little meh. Last year with Zion would have been miles better but what can you do.

As for the pick, I'm against Edwards and Ball, as talented as they are, they would be an awful fit with Russell and Towns, we'd be murdered and would end up like Washington. I think Wiseman would be the best fit as Towns can not defend the five but Wiseman can. It will also enable Towns to be more perimeter orientated on the offensive ends which he enjoys. Does wiseman have a three pouint shot? I'f im Rosas, I'm calling him up today and telling him to get ready for the workouts by shootings 1,000 threes a day!

However, I do have my suspicions that Wiseman can be elite but is the same personality as Wiggins? Will see come the workouts if he's put up enough threes.

I would also explore another trade bringing back a SF and a top 4 pick sop we can get Obi but he could end up being another Thomas Robinson, i guess evaluations will need to be done on him as Naismith winners are either hit or miss.

With the 17, I would take who ever is available out of RJ Hampton and Josh Green, both can play and Green is a decent 2 way player who with the right coaching, can be legit. IMO anyway.

It'll be interesting but with our guard situation of Malik B and Russell, I don't see us grabbing another 2-guard and I sincerely hope we aren't stupid enough to trade for Booker because then we will become a slightly better version of Washington but still be pretty bad!
    Towns can't defend the stretch PF or make rotations, or cut off the dribble though, so it does no good defensively to move him over.

Look, with the current rules, you NEED scorers who can create from the perimeter. IF we stay at #1, I imagine Edwards is our guy, because his skillset fits exactly what we need.

I am down on Hampton, but I like Green.

Good call out on Beasley. If we draft either Ball/Edwards, does Malik move to the 3?

I still like going after Isaac, he would be a perfect compliment to Towns, improve our defense, and our 3 point shooting. He also fits our timeline.

Last night put us in a good position, now we just need to make smart choices.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

remember, Malik showed defensive efficiency when he wasn't an offensive focal point. I think taking the ball out of his hands will make him a much better 3-D type.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I am really worried that Ewards will be a Wiggins 2.0, personality wise - I feel like he is either going to be a star or bust and nothing in-between. I would seriously consider Ball if he had a different last name and would bring him up slowly(we need a backup PG in a bad way). No Booker is not realistic(and Giannis is a crack pipe dream), but Beal or McCollum absolutely are and honestly, I wouldn't want either. I am also sure that Simmons is available, but I don't know about his fit with Towns and Russel.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Towns can't defend the stretch PF or make rotations, or cut off the dribble though, so it does no good defensively to move him over.

Look, with the current rules, you NEED scorers who can create from the perimeter. IF we stay at #1, I imagine Edwards is our guy, because his skillset fits exactly what we need.

I am down on Hampton, but I like Green.

Good call out on Beasley. If we draft either Ball/Edwards, does Malik move to the 3?

I still like going after Isaac, he would be a perfect compliment to Towns, improve our defense, and our 3 point shooting. He also fits our timeline.

Last night put us in a good position, now we just need to make smart choices.

Towns cant or rather won't defend. The amount of easy baskets we have conceded when Towns is 'guarding'the interior is ridiculous. Towns cant defend against the Embiids, the Jokics. He struggles against Steven Adam's and Enes kanter. Wiseman would atleast stop the 10 or so easy points teams get against us on a nightly basis, where Towns literally displays zero effort to stop it. It's so bad sometimes.

Plus you can teach lateral quickness, he just has to be willing to learn to guard the 4. It's his choice, he can continue to bump against stronger guys where he just gets worked out and loses interest or he can get more agile, defend smaller guys and get more three point looks on offense rather than useless post touches.

I do think Isaac is a good shout and I desperately wanted him drafted a couple years back but I dont think he is worth a number one pick. If we trade back and get a couple pieces and then trade again for Isaac, that would be a real nice pick up, plus Orlando are pretty dumb so I would hope we win any trade with them.

As for Edward's, you're spot on. But him and Russell defensively would be horrendous. Teams like the spurs and nuggets who play team ball would blow us out and we wouldn't get very far in the playoffs, or even make it. If Edward's is the plan then we need to remove Russell, but I do not see that happening so I still stand by that moving Towns to the 4 and drafting Wiseman would make the team better but Towns needs to buy in, which I think he will as the benefits outweighs the cons and I'm sure he's said, he's not a fan of playing the five.

Also, If Culver works on his three point shot this off season which he better be doing and Okogie too, they could be decent scoring options come next year so lessens the need for another go to scorer. I'm sure the staff will be able to accurately assess the guys already here, plus the draft isn't for another couple months so we got time. I just don't want another Wesley Johnson (not sayings Edward's is Wesley btw)
    Last edited by Malik_Sports; 08-21-2020 at 07:20 PM.

That's the thing, you never know with these guys. Personally, the thing stopping Edwards is Russell, I just dont see them as being compatible unless I'm wrong and Edward's isn't the primary ball handler on his teams?

Towns cant or rather won't defend. The amount of easy baskets we have conceded when Towns is 'guarding'the interior is ridiculous. Towns cant defend against the Embiids, the Jokics. He struggles against Steven Adam's and Enes kanter. Wiseman would atleast stop the 10 or so easy points teams get against us on a nightly basis, where Towns literally displays zero effort to stop it. It's so bad sometimes.

Plus you can teach lateral quickness, he just has to be willing to learn to guard the 4. It's his choice, he can continue to bump against stronger guys where he just gets worked out and loses interest or he can get more agile, defend smaller guys and get more three point looks on offense rather than useless post touches.

I do think Isaac is a good shout and I desperately wanted him drafted a couple years back but I dont think he is worth a number one pick. If we trade back and get a couple pieces and then trade again for Isaac, that would be a real nice pick up, plus Orlando are pretty dumb so I would hope we win any trade with them.

As for Edward's, you're spot on. But him and Russell defensively would be horrendous. Teams like the spurs and nuggets who play team ball would blow us out and we wouldn't get very far in the playoffs, or even make it. If Edward's is the plan then we need to remove Russell, but I do not see that happening so I still stand by that moving Towns to the 4 and drafting Wiseman would make the team better but Towns needs to buy in, which I think he will as the benefits outweighs the cons and I'm sure he's said, he's not a fan of playing the five.

Also, If Culver works on his three point shot this off season which he better be doing and Okogie too, they could be decent scoring options come next year so lessens the need for another go to scorer. I'm sure the staff will be able to accurately assess the guys already here, plus the draft isn't for another couple months so we got time. I just don't want another Wesley Johnson (not sayings Edward's is Wesley btw)
    Eisman is just not a match in the current NBA with Towns. Too many good teams can go small.

I wouldn't give up #1 for Isaac. I don't think it would take that, a 17/Naz/33 may be enough. Or swapping picks. Leaves the #1 open for other use.

That's the thing, you never know with these guys. Personally, the thing stopping Edwards is Russell, I just dont see them as being compatible unless I'm wrong and Edward's isn't the primary ball handler on his teams?
    Edwards is an off guard for sure. He wouldn't initiate offense as a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I have a few thoughts about that(it was more of a sarcastic comment on my part):
    1) Booker is just way too expensive considering the money we already have tied up in KAT and DLO, so even if a trade for Booker is there, I'd take a long hard look around
    2) We know who is available, but I don't think I'd go for any of them at this point: Beal, Jrue Holliday, (likely) Ben Simmons, Lowry, CP3, (likely) Oladipo.
    3) Draft wise, I have a sneaking feeling we move back a few spots for a forward, but I personally think it's a mistake. While I don't think Edwards will be the next Wade, or even Donovan Mitchel(two players he is compared to as a ceiling), I think that if his mental evaluations look good, he may be a player in a couple of seasons.
    1. I am a little more worried about the trio's lack of defense but I guess the reasoning is "at that price" so fair enough haha.
    2. So I actually am probably an outlier but I think Simmons could be a solid snag for the pick, he plays defense and can be a forward while clearly a facilitator even if it limits our other stars he fits to me in multiple ways others don't on the list at 6'10 with solid D. Beal interests me as well in a similar way to booker. I just don't know how realistic anybody moving is but asking on these guys makes sense to me.
    3. If we don't get a vet in a trade then I definitely prefer moving back for Okongwu. I saw another poster mention Barrett/8 or next years pick if not barrett and have seen that elsewhere, I don't think they would but that type of move getting extra value and still a high pick/mid lotto too with 17/33 makes sense. I really am not sure I like any of Edwards/Ball/Wiseman for us tbh. I agree on the possible Wiggins type you say in different post on Edwards and think Ball has potential but just not a big fan of his fit with what we have but you gotta look into him more than I have to be sure I guess. Of course we get 1 in a draft like this lol, hopefully I am just wrong.

I admit I am not as in touch with the NBA as I once was, so I am not aware of availability/contracts for guys we could target. Hoping to get back into the NBA a little more next year.

We all know our needs, and timelines of our 2 young core players. So does drafting Ball/Edwards make sense, or does packaging those picks and going after a couple of real players help? Maybe we do make a run at Isaac, Orlando has a ton of salary on the books. Offer them #17/33/Okogie for example. Idk
    Rosas got you tuning back in? Let's go! He even has finally brought us some lotto luck.

I would do that for Isaac (the one with Naz and 33 I like more so we keep 17 and take a shot) and 1+Culver for Simmons (edit: funny now I see a 76ers fan mentioned exact same deal in main forum, maybe they need a new fit next to embiid).

Dlo/Jmac
    Beasley/?
    Ben Simmons/Layman
    Jonathan Isaac/Hernangomez
    Towns/Precious Achiuwa

I don't care if that team doesn't have depth right now or doesn't fit any traditional mold. Simmons/Russell are both playmakers and the only one on the court not able to shoot is Simmons with great playmaking and just good awareness to be efficient attacking the hoop with our spacing (Russell/Beasly/Towns are elite level, Isaac would be the weak link but still 33% career and these would be easiest opportunities). We would be athletic to push tempo at times or control pace with Simmons ball or Russell pick and roll (not only with Towns imo but Simmons too). Alright we probably can't get any of this so I will just stop here but I think this would be a real fun team lol.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 08-22-2020 at 03:02 AM.

remember, Malik showed defensive efficiency when he wasn't an offensive focal point. I think taking the ball out of his hands will make him a much better 3-D type.
    I think he makes for a nice 2 guard for us in that way, I am not sure he will have great D but I don't think it's much of a negative either like it was last year. Hopefully the plan is to keep him.

They might be compatible but I just don't think Edwards or Beasley or Okogoie or Culver or Russell are anything but 1's/2's really. I also agree with Oefarmy and question how Edwards pans out a little. In the end we will have to be making some moves here to consolidate a little I think and get the most value out of 1.

I mentioned it in another post but none of the top 3 seem like great fits. I dunno it is a tough draft to judge it seems and covid etc. hasn't made it easier with not getting to see as much.

I have seen it mentioned of Barrett/8 elswhere too and that would be nice, especially if we got okongwu who I like there.

Just wanted to quote one of your shorter posts but welcome.

Y'all must be happy that the Wolves get the 1st overall pick but knowing the TWolves organization like I do they will find some way to **** this all up...like you have to take Anthony Edwards but I can easily see them drafting LaMelo Ball which they clearly do not need him

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all must be happy that the Wolves get the 1st overall pick but knowing the TWolves organization like I do they will find some way to **** this all up...like you have to take Anthony Edwards but I can easily see them drafting LaMelo Ball which they clearly do not need him
    Do we have to take Edwards though? At the 2/3 we have Beasley, Okogie and Culver. And Edwards comes with many red flags that resemble Wiggins.

Of course I am not saying we should draft Lamelo. I don't think there is substance behind his flashiness. Heck I don't think he is the best PG in this draft.

A rather important thing to remember guys is that GSW will probably also be looking to trade their pick, which is going to lower the "price"

Wiseman is the pick but not the one Rosas will make. Iíve watched Edwards a ton and he has Wiggins painted all over him. My novice suggestion would be trading #1 and #17 to ATL for Collins and #6. Edwards is from Georgia and would be a good fit with their roster. Iím not sure how well KAT and Collins fit together but I love his potential. Draft Toppin or Avenji at #6 and that would be a hell of an off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast