Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Is it this years pick we get from the Nets... assuming they make the playoffs?

Yup!

Can only imagine we'll be super active on Draft Day - I can't see any world where we take two 1st rounders into next season

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Can only imagine we'll be super active on Draft Day - I can't see any world where we take two 1st rounders into next season
    How about for salary reasons. IF we find 2 players that the FO are excited about.
    Just thinking out loud cause I don't see a lot of budget to cover our needs and we are not a team that can find cheap veterans.

Obi Toppin to the Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    How about for salary reasons. IF we find 2 players that the FO are excited about.
    Just thinking out loud cause I don't see a lot of budget to cover our needs and we are not a team that can find cheap veterans.
    We were able to find cheap veterans last year, I expect us to do the same this year.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I just don't see it next season. I think Rosas wants us to at least be competitive next season - and if we play Culver along with two teenagers, we're not going to be.

I totally understand the salary argument - but I think this is where Rosas will look to take a page out of Morey's book and look to 'fill out' the roster with minimum guys (like they've done this year with J Mac, Reid, Kelan). And the salary argument is entirely accurate - Culver got just under $6m this year - and has been totally outperformed by J Mac, who's on a 2-way contract worth nada. Is Rosas going to want to pay another estimated $10m for two new rookies on top of Culver's $6m? When he could instead fill the roster with the types listed above? I don't think he will.

Just a feeling I have and I obviously have no real idea what's going on internally, but I'm going to go a step further - my bet is that we only have one of Culver/our pick/Brooklyn's pick on our opening night roster for next season.

Onyeka Okongwu

Saw a Draft Lottery simulation just last night and in this simulation it has the Wolves picking at #7 and drafting at #7 and with that pick choose Obi Toppin with their pick

If we fall to 7, its going to be some bad luck, don't see us finishing better than the 5th worst team.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    If we fall to 7, its going to be some bad luck, don't see us finishing better than the 5th worst team.
    don't you mean, "the usual luck"?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Just saw the updates for the mocks and it has the Minnesota Timberwolves in this latest mock draft update still drafting PF Obi Toppin and as far as the Wolves draft board goes I would say if you do that then the future looks bright...Toppin would be able to play next to DLo and Towns

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Just saw the updates for the mocks and it has the Minnesota Timberwolves in this latest mock draft update still drafting PF Obi Toppin and as far as the Wolves draft board goes I would say if you do that then the future looks bright...Toppin would be able to play next to DLo and Towns
    Completely disagree. The last thing you need between Towns and D'lo is another one-way player. I am OK if it's a bonafide superstar(booker/beal) but not some guy who projects to be poor man's Melo at best.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Dlo
    Okogie
    Isaac
    Toppin
    Towns

I actually think this team fits nice overall tbh if we could somehow pull it off. I think we could get away with a Toppin type player defensively at the 4 with a stud at the 3 like that.

I have seen more mixed reviews overall where he has some strengths some weaknesses (lateral quickness and defending in space would be areas we need improvement but he has athleticism and has shown rim protection and is aggressive and solid in most areas steals/blocks/impact stats) but seems to be improving/athletic/effort type based on most reviews/stats and currently just middle ground impact wise with some flaws that need improving. I think he is worth looking into if we don't land a top level pick.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Dlo
    Okogie
    Isaac
    Toppin
    Towns

I actually think this team fits nice overall tbh if we could somehow pull it off. I think we could get away with a Toppin type player defensively at the 4 with a stud at the 3 like that.

I have seen more mixed reviews overall where he has some strengths some weaknesses (lateral quickness and defending in space would be areas we need improvement but he has athleticism and has shown rim protection and is aggressive and solid in most areas steals/blocks/impact stats) but seems to be improving/athletic/effort type based on most reviews/stats and currently just middle ground impact wise with some flaws that need improving. I think he is worth looking into if we don't land a top level pick.
    It looks even better without Toppin...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast