Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    My brother brought up a good comp for Edwards-Jason Richardson. Sure I would like to have J-Rich, but not at #1 money, role, and expectations. The only thing I hope we learned from the Wiggins fiasco, was just because a guy was picked for a certain role, doesn't mean you force feed him that role years after he has proven he can't handle it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

oh and don't pay a scrub $28M a year. Hope we learned that too..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Let me ask you something. IF Edwards is a bust, will NBC say that it was our fault or won't they?
    IF Edwards comes in and doesn't play D at all, will NBC ask what we were thinking when we draft him since KAT and D'Lo don't play good D?
    What I am trying to say is take what you read with a grain of salt. They analyze yo an extent a player with a lot of hopeful wishing (like he has the tools to be a good defender) but don't go into great analysis of team needs and fits.
    Yep, Zach Lavine has the tools to be a good defender...

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Yep, Zach Lavine has the tools to be a good defender...
    physically, sure. But his defensive awareness was crap. How many times did we just see his guy start moving, and Zach didn't even notice.

I think "potential" is used waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much when evaluating a player and the dude is long and can jump/run. There is so much more to potential. Rubio had the best defensive awareness of any guard we have ever had, and he wasn't even fast and couldn't dunk at 6'4". Plus trying to measure determination and mental toughness is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    physically, sure. But his defensive awareness was crap. How many times did we just see his guy start moving, and Zach didn't even notice.

I think "potential" is used waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much when evaluating a player and the dude is long and can jump/run. There is so much more to potential. Rubio had the best defensive awareness of any guard we have ever had, and he wasn't even fast and couldn't dunk at 6'4". Plus trying to measure determination and mental toughness is impossible.
    I was agreeing with Silverson if that wasn't clear and with you. Potential != real result.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Really liking seeing Paul Reed drop in all these Mock Drafts/Draft Boards - I know they're not necessarily indicative of the actual Draft order, but still.

If we could get him at Pick 33 and sign him to a Jaylen Nowell-type Contract, I would love that.

Anthony Edwards could be like the superstar that the Wolves desperately need considering they need a superstar...yeah KAT is that elite level All Star and DLo yeah he was an All Star too but Edwards has that ability to be an elite level All Star if he's drafted by the Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Anthony Edwards could be like the superstar that the Wolves desperately need considering they need a superstar...yeah KAT is that elite level All Star and DLo yeah he was an All Star too but Edwards has that ability to be an elite level All Star if he's drafted by the Wolves
    Sure but chances are he sill be way less than a superstar. Sorry man, but when you read lack of focus and effort in a layers scouting report, it typically means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I was agreeing with Silverson if that wasn't clear and with you. Potential != real result.
    Oh I was more so doubling down on your point

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Yeah, but a 2 man front of Towns/Wiseman is going to be VERY tough on the defensive end, as the twin tower model is long gone. Towns can play PF on offense, but he can't even guard the other teams weakest interior player, how is he going to go out and switch on picks and handle stretch 4's?

Honestly, I am with you on the pair creating a potential matchup nightmare for other teams, I am just not sure it will work in a sustained way on the defensive end.
    Point taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twin towers with Wiseman and KAT...I could see it

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Twin towers with Wiseman and KAT...I could see it
    We would lead the universe in opponent 3s given up

I donít necessarily think that. I definitely could be wrong. But I would have Towns and Wiseman in a baseline zone. Each covering corner 3ís and rotating back to the paint when the ball swings. Then the 3 guards/wings would be strictly defending the 3. Our weakest spots would be elbows/floaters. I can live with that. The paint would be denied, corner 3ís denied. It can be done with the right scheme. I just like the idea of being different from the rest of the league and as we get closer to draft time I just have a feeling Wiseman will
    Be consensus top pick. Like you I am not sold on Edwards. Iíd rather take a shot at Tyrese Maxey at our mid pick. At least he plays defense and can get hot from the field. He will be a legit pro that we will look back on and ask how we missed on him.

I'm doing a 90 degree turn here. I want Melo at #1 or a trade for Simmons. Nothing in between.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    I donít necessarily think that. I definitely could be wrong. But I would have Towns and Wiseman in a baseline zone. Each covering corner 3ís and rotating back to the paint when the ball swings. Then the 3 guards/wings would be strictly defending the 3. Our weakest spots would be elbows/floaters. I can live with that. The paint would be denied, corner 3ís denied. It can be done with the right scheme. I just like the idea of being different from the rest of the league and as we get closer to draft time I just have a feeling Wiseman will
    Be consensus top pick. Like you I am not sold on Edwards. Iíd rather take a shot at Tyrese Maxey at our mid pick. At least he plays defense and can get hot from the field. He will be a legit pro that we will look back on and ask how we missed on him.
    I mean, we can't stop dribble penetration at all, so how does getting our team immediately in recovery mode with 2 bigs running around do anything? In today's NBA, you can't have 2 guys on the floor at the same time who can't cover the perimeter. You just can't.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast