Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    By the way, another guy I keep forgetting to list that I am really intrigued by is Haliburton. I think he may be a player pretty quickly in the NBA. Definitely reminds me of Reggie Miller(physically).
    I think he could be a bolter approaching the draft - I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going as high as 5th.

I'd like him here, but I think Rosas either a) drafts to sure up our wings or b) trades the pick/s to sure up our wings

I also agree with you that there's no way Rosas drafts Wiseman

I really think Wiseman is the best prospect in this draft. Thereís not a lot of video on him. Just got done watching some high school clips... I know itís just high school and AAU. But for the 16 3ís he took, he made 8 of them. Thatís hardly promising. But thatís still a good percentage and hopefully a sign of growth. His form looks fine to me. 7í1 with a 7í6 reach... thatís a lot of interior square feet being covered. I also like that both in high school and college he aggressively attacks the rim. Heís not soft and trying to just lay it up, he wants to rip the rim down everytime. Iíve found that centers that do that tend to do well in the NBA.

Wiseman brings, rebounding, defense, rim running, I think he will stretch the floor, he has been preparing for the draft since January. I hope he has added some weight. Also, he has decent handles for his size and has the capability to step back and pull up... he honestly reminds me of Towns/ Anthony Davis. I think the closer to the draft we get the more apparent it will be that he is worthy of the top pick. Hopefully we take him.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am open to a few of the later prospects, I just hope we can trade down for other value then still get someone like Okongwu/Haliburton/Vassell or Okoro even too maybe. Obviously depends on value and how far we drop but I just am not overly sold on these top guys while think there may be some nice value later on... That is if we can't make a move for another stud of course.

Edwards seems like the fit of the top 3 and I am far from sold on him individually.
    I'd personally want Edwards if we keep the pick, but I'm also not sold.

We need to start winning if we want to keep Towns around - and I think Edwards has the highest likelihood of being a positive player for us straight away.

My preference would be to trade down to get Vassell and other assets. I don't think we have ever had a legit 3&D guy(?), and I think he's this drafts best version of that. I feel like I'm a little higher than some on Williams, but if we could trade down for Vassell and Williams dropped to 17, I'd be so happy with that.

Landing Vassell would also give us the opportunity to move one of Okogie/Culver at next seasons deadline, assuming things work out - preferably Culver. I love the idea of Vassell as our starting SF with Okogie as our high-energy guard/wing-defender off the bench.

Trying to think of what Rosas will do - I can't see him taking 3 rookies into next season. I think we make one pick in the 1st round and trade our other 1st for a future pick or assets - and then use our 2nd Round Pick to try and sign someone to a deal similar to the Jaylen Nowell deal from last year, where we get them on the cheap and retain the rights via team options/non-guaranteed on a multi year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    I'd personally want Edwards if we keep the pick, but I'm also not sold.

We need to start winning if we want to keep Towns around - and I think Edwards has the highest likelihood of being a positive player for us straight away.

My preference would be to trade down to get Vassell and other assets. I don't think we have ever had a legit 3&D guy(?), and I think he's this drafts best version of that. I feel like I'm a little higher than some on Williams, but if we could trade down for Vassell and Williams dropped to 17, I'd be so happy with that.

Landing Vassell would also give us the opportunity to move one of Okogie/Culver at next seasons deadline, assuming things work out - preferably Culver. I love the idea of Vassell as our starting SF with Okogie as our high-energy guard/wing-defender off the bench.

Trying to think of what Rosas will do - I can't see him taking 3 rookies into next season. I think we make one pick in the 1st round and trade our other 1st for a future pick or assets - and then use our 2nd Round Pick to try and sign someone to a deal similar to the Jaylen Nowell deal from last year, where we get them on the cheap and retain the rights via team options/non-guaranteed on a multi year deal.
    Lol, RoCo says hello. He is about as good of a 3/D guy as this league has ever seen.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Lol, RoCo says hello. He is about as good of a 3/D guy as this league has ever seen.
    Bruce Bowen was easily better. But, under current rules, having a taller RoCo might work better. Bowen played in the 2 guard dribble the air out of the ball era, so he worked at 6'5"

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

your point stands though. What is funny, and I said this (along with many of you), we now need a RoCo, but had to trade him to get a bigger need at the time (offensive creator from the perimeter). Ironic..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Bruce Bowen was easily better. But, under current rules, having a taller RoCo might work better. Bowen played in the 2 guard dribble the air out of the ball era, so he worked at 6'5"
    I never said he was the best and I agree that Bowen was phenomenal. But Roco is basically, an upper echelon 3-d player is what I meant.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I never said he was the best and I agree that Bowen was phenomenal. But Roco is basically, an upper echelon 3-d player is what I meant.
    oh he is. RoCo is a great 3-D player in today's NBA, cause he can check wings and even stretch 4's. It was just a bold claim you made

Plus, factor in his contract, and man, it was TOUGH to let him go, and we all knew as soon as we did, while we agreed he just wasn't a fit with the roster we had, guys like him are exactly what we need now..

Exactly what Hawk said. I was looking for cheap contracts on 3&D players... God I wish we had RoCo

Will there be predraft workouts/scrimmages that we will get to watch? Any idea if there will be any sort of interim summer league after the draft or will they jump straight into the next nba year?

Tired of having nothing new to watch about upcoming players.

Do you think the ideal PF would
    Be Obi Toppin for us? I like Wiseman at center and Towns at PF. But if Towns will be center, a trade down with New York would be alright because Toppin looks solid.

Big oversight from me. Sounds strange because I half understand we had to move him, but god he'd be perfect for us right now.

It just feels like we haven't had a lot of D over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    Do you think the ideal PF would
    Be Obi Toppin for us? I like Wiseman at center and Towns at PF. But if Towns will be center, a trade down with New York would be alright because Toppin looks solid.
    I don't think we're going to change our tune as long as Rosas is around.

For the foreseeable future, it's Russell running the show, Towns as our big, and three wings.

No way we take Wiseman (as there's no way we're moving KAT to the 4) and Toppin doesn't fit with the '3 wings'. I would not be at all surprised if we entered next season with Layman as our starting PF.

Also, the way we're set up, our next PF needs to be at least an average defender. Toppin might be worse than Kanter on that end.

I donít know who to draft. My eye test tells me James Wiseman is most talented of the 3. Anthony Edwards with his upbringing, went through a lot, I donít think he is next next Wiggins. Iím just not convinced that he will be a star.

This is me being naive, but how do we gain by playing with 3 wings? Are we thinking Russel, Beasley, Culver, Edwards, Towns? I think that defense would be awkward if at all existent.

I donít want to be like every other team in the NBA. I want to be something different. Give me twin bigs that stretch the floor, pass, and shut down the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    I donít know who to draft. My eye test tells me James Wiseman is most talented of the 3. Anthony Edwards with his upbringing, went through a lot, I donít think he is next next Wiggins. Iím just not convinced that he will be a star.

This is me being naive, but how do we gain by playing with 3 wings? Are we thinking Russel, Beasley, Culver, Edwards, Towns? I think that defense would be awkward if at all existent.

I donít want to be like every other team in the NBA. I want to be something different. Give me twin bigs that stretch the floor, pass, and shut down the interior.
    Then if you draft Wiseman

PG- DLo
    SG- Beasley
    SF- Culver
    PF- Wiseman
    C- Towns

But then if you draft Edwards

PG- DLo
    SG- Edwards
    SF- Culver
    PF- Layman
    C- Towns