Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 393
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,603
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I still think the top 3 are products of hype, because we need to have someone projected at the top.
    And similarly Avdija benefits from recent success stories from Europe like Doncic and Giannis. On the one hand Avdija has not have the credentials Doncic, Rubio and even Saric and Korkmaz had before they came to the NBA. And even Giannis who was unknown falls under a different category because he is a genetic freak.
    Listen I hope I am wrong. It would not be the first time. My opinion is that this draft is more suited to find good to great support players.
    I agree. I think this draft is very deep with future great support players all the way to the 2nd round. My question is, if you can't trade the #1 pick for a young veteran that is a great fit with the roster, do you really trade back? We already have pick 17 where I think there will be a really good 3-d wing available(Vessel, Green, someone else in that mold). The top 3 are definitely hyped up(Melo, Edwards and Weiseman), but they do have high ceilings, no argument about that. I mean, Edwards projects to be a Victor Oladipo type as his average case. Who doesn't take that 2-3 years from now?


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,776
    Correct me if I am wrong. Edwards is a scorer with no outside shot, relying on long 2p shots and no D. I don't compare him to Oladipo who is a two way player. I compare him to Wiggins.
    IF there is an opportunity to get Isaac (I am not going to any of the other names mentioned), who fits perfectly next to Towns, I am not even giving it a second thought.
    IF there is an opportunity to get a pick in next year's draft and also get two of Okongwu, Okoro, Vassell, Bay, Precious,etcetc then I am doing it.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,603
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. Edwards is a scorer with no outside shot, relying on long 2p shots and no D. I don't compare him to Oladipo who is a two way player. I compare him to Wiggins.
    IF there is an opportunity to get Isaac (I am not going to any of the other names mentioned), who fits perfectly next to Towns, I am not even giving it a second thought.
    IF there is an opportunity to get a pick in next year's draft and also get two of Okongwu, Okoro, Vassell, Bay, Precious,etcetc then I am doing it.
    You are wrong. He has a good 3pt shot and can lock down on D when motivated. And the guy was a star football player until mid teems, so unlike Wiggins, he is tough.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 08-28-2020 at 07:06 PM.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,145
    Edwards can easily be compared to Oladipo but other players you can compare him to: Dwyane Wade or Donovan Mitchell

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    You are wrong. He has a good 3pt shot and can lock down on D when motivated. And the guy was a star football player until mid teems, so unlike Wiggins, he is tough.
    To be fair Wiggins scouting report said he could be a good defender when motivated. When I see a player doesn't play engaged as a weakness, because of Wiggins, I want to keep away.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,145
    But then seeing Edwards as a Wade or as a Mitchell type...don't you want that on your team

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But then seeing Edwards as a Wade or as a Mitchell type...don't you want that on your team
    Of course anyone would but those guys have heart ,a work ethic and more importantly the will to want to be great. I don't care how athletic you are becauee if you don't care then it doesnt matter. Case in point wiggins.
    Andrew had/has more talent that Giannis in my mind, no question but Giannis has drive and that elevates Giannis.
    We don't want someone with the tools, we want that someone to actually leave it all on the floor and want to be great, want to work hard. I'm sure Rosas will see it more than us when he talks individually to the guys and if none of the top three show it, then we will move back. I have a sneaky suspicion we will trade back to the 3rd and pick up ball but who knows.
    Also, regarding Ben simmons. Great fit but I don't think it will take the first to get him, the market isn't there for him at present.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Replying to a comment about trading the 1 for Hollins from Atlanta.

    Why would we trade the first for a player they are openly shopping? If anything, they want Edwards more than anything we want so I'd present to them 1 and culver for reddish, hunter and 6 and lottery protected first (flexible on the future first of course). Trae and Collins play well already together, then add in their belief that Edwards would elevate their team so it would suit both sides. We then have more trade pieces for ben simmons and isaac

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,776
    Regarding Edwards:

    Tankathon has as his biggest weakness his 3p shooting. It also includes in his weaknesses his def win shares and his defense overall.

    Cbssports mentions as weaknesses: Questionable shot selection; often settled for shots at Georgia
    Touch-and-go defensive motor

    Nbadraftroom: questions shot selection. Also mentions his 29% 3p shooting and hopes that his 71% free throws percentage might mean he becomes a good shooter.
    Regarding his D it mentions that he has ability but he is not always locked in.

    Espn: Streaky perimeter shooter. Shot 29.1% from 3 on 237 attempt
    Undisciplined defender who isn't always engaged. Motor and intensity on that end fluctuates. Completely upright in his stance at times.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik_Sports View Post
    Replying to a comment about trading the 1 for Hollins from Atlanta.

    Why would we trade the first for a player they are openly shopping? If anything, they want Edwards more than anything we want so I'd present to them 1 and culver for reddish, hunter and 6 and lottery protected first (flexible on the future first of course). Trae and Collins play well already together, then add in their belief that Edwards would elevate their team so it would suit both sides. We then have more trade pieces for ben simmons and isaac
    From what I understand Collins wants a max and they don't want to give it to him?

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    To be fair Wiggins scouting report said he could be a good defender when motivated. When I see a player doesn't play engaged as a weakness, because of Wiggins, I want to keep away.
    I am with you brother. Plus as we both have said we have two players we pay as alpha dogs, we will probably have a wing who scores well as a third option, now we need to find the pieces to hide their weaknesses and become a strong team

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But then seeing Edwards as a Wade or as a Mitchell type...don't you want that on your team
    Let me summarize the Wolves entire history with this: if there is a chance at Wiggins or Wade, this team will get Wiggins 99/100 times.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,932
    I am not a fan of the top 3 or Collins for us tbh. I really hope someone is moving a stud (like Simmons) or wants to move up (cha/atl/knicks) and will give a nice package.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    283
    I do like the idea of trading down to 4-6 and grabbing Toppin. But if we are at 1 I really donít think we need Ball. I donít think Iíd take Edwards over a defensive minded culver. I also liked how Culver played towards the end of the season. He was shooting really well. I just donít think we need a lazy defender and a chucker that will want the ball a lot.

    My pick, James Wiseman. It makes the most sense for us. Put him at center and let Towns dominate PF. Wiseman will insure more boards and interior defense that we havenít had in a long time. Also, watch the guy play. I know it was t much but he runs the floor hard. Heís got excellent athleticism and measurements. We need defense, and I think the Chris Bosh comparison is very fair.

    Russell
    Beasley
    Culver
    Towns
    Wiseman

    Then with our second pick, give me Tyrese Maxey, Cole Anthony, or Saddiq Bey.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    I do like the idea of trading down to 4-6 and grabbing Toppin. But if we are at 1 I really donít think we need Ball. I donít think Iíd take Edwards over a defensive minded culver. I also liked how Culver played towards the end of the season. He was shooting really well. I just donít think we need a lazy defender and a chucker that will want the ball a lot.

    My pick, James Wiseman. It makes the most sense for us. Put him at center and let Towns dominate PF. Wiseman will insure more boards and interior defense that we havenít had in a long time. Also, watch the guy play. I know it was t much but he runs the floor hard. Heís got excellent athleticism and measurements. We need defense, and I think the Chris Bosh comparison is very fair.

    Russell
    Beasley
    Culver
    Towns
    Wiseman

    Then with our second pick, give me Tyrese Maxey, Cole Anthony, or Saddiq Bey.
    I would be surprised if the Timberwolves take Wiseman but I would be all for it

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •