Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 181
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,760
    We are the Wolves. We can always go wrong

  2. #137
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Then if you draft Wiseman

    PG- DLo
    SG- Beasley
    SF- Culver
    PF- Wiseman
    C- Towns


    But then if you draft Edwards

    PG- DLo
    SG- Edwards
    SF- Culver
    PF- Layman
    C- Towns

    Either way you can't really go wrong
    I think if we resign Beasley he would start at SG and Edwards would be at SF. I think Culver would become 6th man.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,363
    Wiseman needs to be the choice...he has the highest floor, adds rim protection and rebounding, balances our roster and has HUGE upside.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Wiseman needs to be the choice...he has the highest floor, adds rim protection and rebounding, balances our roster and has HUGE upside.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How does a C balance our roster when we already have a top 5 C? And on top of that the admin and coaching staff supposedly don't even want a PF next to our C.
    To balance the team IMO you need 2 wings that are good defenders, at least one is a good 3p shooter and ideally one has playmaking ability for his position.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    How does a C balance our roster when we already have a top 5 C? And on top of that the admin and coaching staff supposedly don't even want a PF next to our C.
    To balance the team IMO you need 2 wings that are good defenders, at least one is a good 3p shooter and ideally one has playmaking ability for his position.
    I donít buy for a second that KAT canít play PF. The last place he wants to be is under the damn basket. Wiseman in the paint for defense/rebounding with KAT on the perimeter for 3ís and isolation. How many championships has HOU won with their small ball strategy? None...and thatís with far superior overall talent than what we have.

    Wiseman is the best talent in this draft and itís not even close. Iíll laugh my ***** off when we pass on him and he blows up the league with Charlotte because we wanted to be a copycat team instead of an innovator.At least I wonít have to waste another winter inside watching another 50 loss season and instead can focus on the ice fishing season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #141
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,821
    I mean even the lakers went small to match with the rockets. Miami and Boston are great teams with excellent coaching using small ball too not everyone goes to the extreme the rockets have and itís successful league wide for a reason (even if others have and even normally go big they often still adjust to the small game). Towns would be exposed much more than ad defensively though imo. Having kat with those types of lineups actually helps allow him more inside touches which heís pretty effective with when given space.

    Iím not against wiseman if he seems like the bpa but I donít think it has anything to do with the current small ball strategy being ineffective or anything like that. Nor do I think two bigs automatically beats it as a new trend against it. Often times the key is versatility which wiseman does add in a way and I think is what you are getting at (we can play big on matchups and excel potentially ourselves). I would still be setting up the rest of the team with guards and wings and spacing out towns/wiseman time on court plenty though if we went this route. Small ball works because of how valuable 3pt shooting is and that extra space allows athletes to attack the hoop easier with athleticism. I donít see either of those factors going away in todayís game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I mean even the lakers went small to match with the rockets. Miami and Boston are great teams with excellent coaching using small ball too not everyone goes to the extreme the rockets have and itís successful league wide for a reason (even if others have and even normally go big they often still adjust to the small game). Towns would be exposed much more than ad defensively though imo. Having kat with those types of lineups actually helps allow him more inside touches which heís pretty effective with when given space.

    Iím not against wiseman if he seems like the bpa but I donít think it has anything to do with the current small ball strategy being ineffective or anything like that. Nor do I think two bigs automatically beats it as a new trend against it. Often times the key is versatility which wiseman does add in a way and I think is what you are getting at (we can play big on matchups and excel potentially ourselves). I would still be setting up the rest of the team with guards and wings and spacing out towns/wiseman time on court plenty though if we went this route. Small ball works because of how valuable 3pt shooting is and that extra space allows athletes to attack the hoop easier with athleticism. I donít see either of those factors going away in todayís game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    I donít buy for a second that KAT canít play PF. The last place he wants to be is under the damn basket. Wiseman in the paint for defense/rebounding with KAT on the perimeter for 3ís and isolation. How many championships has HOU won with their small ball strategy? None...and thatís with far superior overall talent than what we have.

    Wiseman is the best talent in this draft and itís not even close. Iíll laugh my ***** off when we pass on him and he blows up the league with Charlotte because we wanted to be a copycat team instead of an innovator.At least I wonít have to waste another winter inside watching another 50 loss season and instead can focus on the ice fishing season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you regarding Hou and them winning championship etc. But Rosas comes from that mentality and has openly declared it.
    I am still against any of the top 3 projected players + Tobin. I would rather we explore other options.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,363
    Youíre 100% correct about Rosasí vision and that will almost certainly rule out drafting Wiseman. I just donít trust Ball and Iím really not sold on Edwards. I just canít help but see similarities to Wiggins in regards to low motivation and lack of fire. If there was any way to trade back with ATL for #6 and Hunter and then snag Okongwu, I would be quite happy with that result, Silverson.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #145
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,821

    2020 Wolves Draft Thread

    I am not really a fan of any of the top guys either, I still much prefer finding a trade partner if possible/we can get solid value.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Youíre 100% correct about Rosasí vision and that will almost certainly rule out drafting Wiseman. I just donít trust Ball and Iím really not sold on Edwards. I just canít help but see similarities to Wiggins in regards to low motivation and lack of fire. If there was any way to trade back with ATL for #6 and Hunter and then snag Okongwu, I would be quite happy with that result, Silverson.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. And I could definitely be wrong about Wiseman. It is not as if the sample from college was enough to judge him.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,670
    Again seeing mocks again but this time on NBC Sports it has the Wolves at #1 taking Anthony Edwards with their pick...Edwards has to be the pick

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,760
    Let me ask you something. IF Edwards is a bust, will NBC say that it was our fault or won't they?
    IF Edwards comes in and doesn't play D at all, will NBC ask what we were thinking when we draft him since KAT and D'Lo don't play good D?
    What I am trying to say is take what you read with a grain of salt. They analyze yo an extent a player with a lot of hopeful wishing (like he has the tools to be a good defender) but don't go into great analysis of team needs and fits.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    I donít buy for a second that KAT canít play PF. The last place he wants to be is under the damn basket. Wiseman in the paint for defense/rebounding with KAT on the perimeter for 3ís and isolation. How many championships has HOU won with their small ball strategy? None...and thatís with far superior overall talent than what we have.

    Wiseman is the best talent in this draft and itís not even close. Iíll laugh my ***** off when we pass on him and he blows up the league with Charlotte because we wanted to be a copycat team instead of an innovator.At least I wonít have to waste another winter inside watching another 50 loss season and instead can focus on the ice fishing season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but a 2 man front of Towns/Wiseman is going to be VERY tough on the defensive end, as the twin tower model is long gone. Towns can play PF on offense, but he can't even guard the other teams weakest interior player, how is he going to go out and switch on picks and handle stretch 4's?

    Honestly, I am with you on the pair creating a potential matchup nightmare for other teams, I am just not sure it will work in a sustained way on the defensive end.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Again seeing mocks again but this time on NBC Sports it has the Wolves at #1 taking Anthony Edwards with their pick...Edwards has to be the pick
    He may very well be our pick if we stay at #1. Personally, I like trading down and grabbing Haliburton, but if we stay at #1, I would probably pick Edwards. And be fine with it, but have pretty low expectations. But that isn't Edwards fault, it's this years draft...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •