Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would be surprised if the Timberwolves take Wiseman but I would be all for it
    I would say that Collins is a better fit if you can trade for him using the #1 + filler. I do as well like Wiseman, but I just don't think he fits the vision Rosas has at all. I still think that Edwards will be the best pro out of the 3 mentioned, but I also think that there will be a player taken later in the first like Vassel/Bey/Hampton/Okoro/Green. My only beef with Collins is how much he is going to cost to retain next year.

My ideal scenario(if we can't find a trade for an established vet) is move down to the 9-13 range while getting a 1st round pick next year and pick two rangy wings that switch and hit the 3. So my picks, if we trade down would be Vassel and Green.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Knicks have two first round picks next year. Their own which can switched with the Clippers one depending which one is more favourable, and the Dallas one as part of the Prozingis deal.
    They seem like a good fit for a trade if we need a pick

I was looking at Orlando's roster.
    First of all Isaac is probably out for the '20-'21 season with an injury. The injury is on the same knee as the previous injury. His contract is up after next season.
    So if we were to do a deal for him, it should be with the precaution that he might be injury prone. But it also could mean that he could sign a low contact because of it. I am in favour of this because of his unique skillset and if that player could be tied down for around 10 mil that would be ideal.

Other than that, they resigned Vucevic, have Gordon with a decent contract, invested on Fulz and have Fournier. They are looking for a star at the wing position and if they think Edwards is it we could make a deal like #1 and JJ for Isaac, Aminu and #15 or next years pick I am in

Hell, I rather the Timberwolves keep the #1 pick

Let me give you an example. Timberwolves can get out of this draft with Isaac, Aminu (or Terrence Ross), Sadiq Bey and Paul Reed.
    The roster for next year would look like this.

D'Lo / McLaughlin
    Beasley / Okogie
    Culver / Bey / Layman
    Aminu / Reed
    Towns / Naz

With Isaac joining after his injury is gone and a pick in the '21 draft or someone like Josh Green from this year's.

This roster is at least balanced

By the way, another guy I keep forgetting to list that I am really intrigued by is Haliburton. I think he may be a player pretty quickly in the NBA. Definitely reminds me of Reggie Miller(physically).
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 09-03-2020 at 09:52 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I love Haliburton

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I love Haliburton
    I don't know if he's worthy of being a #1 overall pick

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I don't know if he's worthy of being a #1 overall pick
    No, but if we trade down, he should definitely be considered.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    No, but if we trade down, he should definitely be considered.
    Exactly. By no means at #1. And even lower, as much as I like him, would I prefer him over Okoro, Okongwu, Bey or Vassell? I am not sure.

Plus who is a better fit for the Timberwolves long term? Edwards or Wiseman

Draft Day trade hypothetical for the Timberwolves

No.1 Pick, James Johnson, Jarrett Culver, Josh Okogie, 2020 first-round draft pick from Brooklyn for Devin Booker

Booker gets paired up with KAT and DLo

I don't think Phoenix lets Booker go. Especially after their bubble run AND the fact that Booker has not requested a trade.
    It's not the right time and IMO it would take more to get him.
    On the other hand stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    By the way, another guy I keep forgetting to list that I am really intrigued by is Haliburton. I think he may be a player pretty quickly in the NBA. Definitely reminds me of Reggie Miller(physically).
    I would love to trade down and get him. Guarantee he will be a very good NBA player

I am open to a few of the later prospects, I just hope we can trade down for other value then still get someone like Okongwu/Haliburton/Vassell or Okoro even too maybe. Obviously depends on value and how far we drop but I just am not overly sold on these top guys while think there may be some nice value later on... That is if we can't make a move for another stud of course.

Edwards seems like the fit of the top 3 and I am far from sold on him individually.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast