Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Wolves Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    So... Okongwu?
    3 players intrigue me at first glance.
    First of all I think that a rim protector next to KAT is needed and Okongwu seems like that type of player.
    Jaden McDaniels is one heck of a project. If it pans out he could be amazing.
    But the guy that my insticts tell me he is going to be really good, is Halliburton. And yes I believe he can play next to D'LO

Killian Hayes and Theo Maledon seem also interesting.

I see we are shifting to start thinking about the draft after some deadline excitement...

Obi Toppin and Isaac Okoro would be a couple other names I would add after looking around a little and digging through some stats.

what about that kid from Israel? Avdjida? Could he play next to KAT, or no? Word is he is an aggressive defender, who fights and plays really hard, and can make plays, though still a lot of polishing to do overall.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    what about that kid from Israel? Avdjida? Could he play next to KAT, or no? Word is he is an aggressive defender, who fights and plays really hard, and can make plays, though still a lot of polishing to do overall.
    What I was reading made him sound too small/weak for a big position but I think he would have to play PF right?

I also saw some mixed things on his range (although all noted good form/looking shot and could improve) and defensive ability due to some physical issues. He seems to have a very good IQ, can playmake very well, has a decent shot that looks good but needs to become consistent from range and finish stronger. Defensively the IQ+solid reaction time normally has him ready to help and he does play with effort but at the same time he can get backed down by smaller players at times and get grabby etc. when needing to move laterally leading to fouls and drive byes.

It seemed like a very mixed bag with opinions kind of differing depending on where I looked too though. There is definitely potential here but I am already really worried about the defensive end and am not really sold here (nor am I 100% sold he is going to be a good shooter, although solid seems fair). I would hope we look into him a lot given the talent, if we think he pans out as capable of being a good defender he's a solid option.

That's what they were saying about Bender. Who? The #4 pick in 2016.
    KAT needs a specific type of player next to him. IMO. And that is not Saric or a slightly better version of him. What he needs is someone who can cover his weaknesses. So someone who won't be pushed around in the paint and is focused on D. Ideally if we were talking about an experienced player someone who could also guide KAT in D.

That's what they were saying about Bender. Who? The #4 pick in 2016.
    KAT needs a specific type of player next to him. IMO. And that is not Saric or a slightly better version of him. What he needs is someone who can cover his weaknesses. So someone who won't be pushed around in the paint and is focused on D. Ideally if we were talking about an experienced player someone who could also guide KAT in D.
    I can't imagine that player is in the draft (or at least that player next year)?

Ultimately, having Theo Ratliff, or Cliff Robinson next to KAT would be great, but where do you find those guys?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I like what i have read about Deni Avdija. If the wolves pick out the top 3, maybe top 2 (Really don't want to see the wolves have to try to contain Lavar ball). I hope they go with this guy. Only 18, his abilities sounds alot like Doncic did when he entered the draft . Doesn't shoot the 3 all that well yet, but a high i.q. player. 6'9 sf with ball handling, playmaking, and plays defense.

starting to really come around on Obi Toppin. Not an elite shooter, but 35% and guy can score, rebound and distribute for a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I see we are shifting to start thinking about the draft after some deadline excitement...

Obi Toppin and Isaac Okoro would be a couple other names I would add after looking around a little and digging through some stats.
    I like what I read about Okoro. I found this analysis helpful.
    https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/1...ting-report-2/

I can't imagine that player is in the draft (or at least that player next year)?

Ultimately, having Theo Ratliff, or Cliff Robinson next to KAT would be great, but where do you find those guys?
    I kind of disagree. Let's not confuse a draft that has not a lot of future stars, with a draft that does not have useful players that does not have useful players that can even become a third star kind of player.

My belief is that you can find good glue players anywhere. Ratliff was #18, Robinson #36, Covington undrafted.

In this draft there are 2 players that are good defenders (and remember the difference with "has the potential to be a good defender") in Okoro and Okongwu. I also think that Haliburton (here I go again) is a good defender and McDaniels has potential in D.

Okongwu may be the closest thing to Ratliff in this draft and may be available at 15. Also, Haleburton and Oturu would be intriguing with the Nets pick.

I kind of disagree. Let's not confuse a draft that has not a lot of future stars, with a draft that does not have useful players that does not have useful players that can even become a third star kind of player.

My belief is that you can find good glue players anywhere. Ratliff was #18, Robinson #36, Covington undrafted.

In this draft there are 2 players that are good defenders (and remember the difference with "has the potential to be a good defender") in Okoro and Okongwu. I also think that Haliburton (here I go again) is a good defender and McDaniels has potential in D.
    I like Haliburton if we are willing to take on a long-time project. He will probably be a player down the line, but he will take some years to develop.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I understand what you are getting at, but every year waaaaaaaaaaay over half the guys drafted turn to nothing. Like we hit with Dieng at 21 or whatever, but we need that hit to be the right fit, not just a good player.

I am not in tune with college ball, but if there is an established, can't miss defender who can cover ground and rebound, get him, please. I don't even care if he can play offense, we have enough guys who want to jack shots.

I like what I read about Okoro. I found this analysis helpful.
    https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/1...ting-report-2/
    I hate to compare, but that defensive scouting report reminds me of the Raja Bell's and Bruce Bowen's. Neither got steals/blocks, or created problems, but they were a pain to whatever individual they were checking. As long as a guy like that can switch through screens and guard anyone outside in today's positionless offenses, I am game.

I am not in tune with college ball, but if there is an established, can't miss defender who can cover ground and rebound, get him, please. I don't even care if he can play offense, we have enough guys who want to jack shots.
    Exactly what I wm thinking Hawk

But also been watching a lot of tape lately on YouTube as far as certain mock drafts people are doing and as far as the Wolves pick...every time they have the Timberwolves picking Onyeka Okongwu

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast