Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Edwards looks good in a Wolves uni. Can't wait. I maybe overly optimistic, but I really like what we did in this draft/trade.
    I was honestly just surprised at how built he already is.

For some reason, I thought Beasley was 6'7". So if we roll with D-Lo, Edwards, and Beasley, that is

6'4"
    6'5"
    6'4"

I really hope we have a plan to handle the punishing SF's like LeBron, George, Durant, Leonard, etc, when they roll into town...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

A report from Yahoo said the Wolves have made Malik Beasley available in trade discussions, but a source said the Wolves haven’t made Beasley available and still want to re-sign him even after drafting Edwards. The Wolves view Edwards as having position versatility given his size and strength. They envision him being able to play on the wing or at power forward given the NBA’s propensity to play smaller fours and Edwards’ strength at 6-5, 225 pounds to guard that position. 23 hours ago – via Chris Hine @ Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Saw that on hoopshype. I planned on us wanting to resign Beasley but the other nugget is what interested me. Seems we think Edwards can play 3 and maybe even at times the 4 position.

There has also been a report that Edwards grew an inch and is 6-6 and a 6-10 wingspan and 230 pounds...

Beasley 4 years 60 mil. The depth on this team is nice. We'll be able to score, when KAT and D'Lo sit. That's a luxury many teams don't have. I think the last part of the season with KAT and D'Lo helped them gain much needed experience.

Edwards is already trash talking Dame about his rapping skills. Go get them young fella! Don't think Wiggins would ever do such a thing.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I am still upset with our moves.
    The way I think about it is: how much time did the Russell move gain us with KAT?
    1 or 2 years? Then why did make moves of a team that is building for the future? Instead of moving down and getting a ready player like Smart or Isaac plus Okongwu and Bey, we shot for the fences with Edwards and a project in Williams.
    Even if BOS and ORL were not willing to let those players go, a pick next year would be better (a pick from NY for example).
    Would I rather have Okongwu and Bey instead of Edwards? Yes!
    And I love Rubio. Even more than KG! But that doesn't mean we could not trade down with our first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I am still upset with our moves.
    The way I think about it is: how much time did the Russell move gain us with KAT?
    1 or 2 years? Then why did make moves of a team that is building for the future? Instead of moving down and getting a ready player like Smart or Isaac plus Okongwu and Bey, we shot for the fences with Edwards and a project in Williams.
    Even if BOS and ORL were not willing to let those players go, a pick next year would be better (a pick from NY for example).
    Would I rather have Okongwu and Bey instead of Edwards? Yes!
    And I love Rubio. Even more than KG! But that doesn't mean we could not trade down with our first pick.
    Respectfully as much chatter as there was about Smart and that I too would love to have him trading back that far with the Celts didn't make much sense... if we could with the 17th fine but Celts did not need picks...

Didn't hear anything about trade rumors for Isaac... ? Not sure where that is coming from....

As far as Edwards after watching a ton of draft tape he has the body and skillset to be an all-star... weather he has the drive is yet to be seen but lets give the dude a chance.

I give the Wolves a B+... wish they could have got a vet with the 17th pick but did get two guys that could help us and be rotational players... McDaniels has great skills if he can get his head right and also get in the weight room he could be a steal.

Of course you could be right and I could be all wrong...

Steve we all know each other for so long. I have been wrong so many times I can't even count them. On the top of my head, Okafor will be better than KAT, we should not draft Giannis, we should trade Pek after his first year because he can't stay on the floor.
    I mean I hope I eat my words and I am completely wrong but I am disappointed.
    Look at ATL and PHO. They both went out and became better now despite still having time on their young stars.
    We on the other hand that have two max players, and had a ton of assets to maneuver, decided to bank our hopes on gambles.

Steve we all know each other for so long. I have been wrong so many times I can't even count them. On the top of my head, Okafor will be better than KAT, we should not draft Giannis, we should trade Pek after his first year because he can't stay on the floor.
    I mean I hope I eat my words and I am completely wrong but I am disappointed.
    Look at ATL and PHO. They both went out and became better now despite still having time on their young stars.
    We on the other hand that have two max players, and had a ton of assets to maneuver, decided to bank our hopes on gambles.
    The truth is, you are wrong. We did NOT have a ton of assets to work with. We had exactly 5 somewhat tradeable assets: #1, #17, Johnson's expiring, Culver and Okogie. I think the team Loves Okogie, so I doubt they were considering him as an asset unless it was for a star player. That was clearly not enough to land our tier 1 stars: Simmons, Beal, Booker. As far as 2nd tier stars go, the names that were floated around were Oladipo and Collins. Would you take either over say Rubio+Edwards? I would not. I know we had(have) interest in Gordon, but would I take him over Rubio for a win now team? I would not. I think the moves that were made were to have that flexibility to maneuver in the future, perhaps even this season. We now have reasonable contracts of Rubio(I hope he isn't moved, but if it's for Simmons - bye), Beasley and Hernandgomez which are all medium salary, good value contracts. I think Bey was a steal for Detroit, but I am iffy on Okongwo hearing he has had feet issues. If Edward flashes in the first half of the season, I could very well see a move for a third perennial all-star type of player as we have better(higher value) contracts on the book now to pull of such a move.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

It's Collins and Rubio vs. Edwards and Rubio. And other than the contract concerns I have no hesitation in picking the first package

It's Collins and Rubio vs. Edwards and Rubio. And other than the contract concerns I have no hesitation in picking the first package
    I don't think so. I honestly don't think that the #1 pick was ever in play for Collins, nor do I think Collins was a good fit in the first place. Plus, while I know our drafting history is bad, Edwards on a rookie contract is much better for this franchise long-term. I think we will agree that it didn't matter what we did(besides trading for a bonafide superstar) to this roster, it's not going to be extremely competitive in a loaded western conference. For us to be competitive, we need significant improvement from within(Towns+Russel) and Collins simply isn't a player that puts you over the edge. The guy plays no D.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I don't think so. I honestly don't think that the #1 pick was ever in play for Collins, nor do I think Collins was a good fit in the first place. Plus, while I know our drafting history is bad, Edwards on a rookie contract is much better for this franchise long-term. I think we will agree that it didn't matter what we did(besides trading for a bonafide superstar) to this roster, it's not going to be extremely competitive in a loaded western conference. For us to be competitive, we need significant improvement from within(Towns+Russel) and Collins simply isn't a player that puts you over the edge. The guy plays no D.
    Agree ..... there was NO shot that we were getting Collins for the #1 pick.... but unlike Oaf' I think Collins would be a great fit... proven very good talent.... although I agree he has shown little affinity to play D.

I think Edwards was the easiest choice to make given the other options and us having a Russell/towns already. I said before draft my gut feeling was we just take him, seemed like our best bet even if risky potential based prospect.

Grade: B

I liked bey and also precious. I would have preferred pick 17 and johnson to Rubio and bolermo. Wasn’t a fan of that pick and Rubio is just ok to me, I guess I like the vet presence who seemingly fits in most.

Grade: C-

Mcdaniels pick I liked, moving up from our 2nd and getting him and one of the guys I mentioned at 17 would have been a good draft to me for sure. He is also risky but there is nice upside on both sides of the ball I feel.

Grade: B+

Overall we get like a B/B- from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards will become the face of this franchise soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think Edwards was the easiest choice to make given the other options and us having a Russell/towns already. I said before draft my gut feeling was we just take him, seemed like our best bet even if risky potential based prospect.

Grade: B

I liked bey and also precious. I would have preferred pick 17 and johnson to Rubio and bolermo. Wasn’t a fan of that pick and Rubio is just ok to me, I guess I like the vet presence who seemingly fits in most.

Grade: C-

Mcdaniels pick I liked, moving up from our 2nd and getting him and one of the guys I mentioned at 17 would have been a good draft to me for sure. He is also risky but there is nice upside on both sides of the ball I feel.

Grade: B+

Overall we get like a B/B- from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, B- to B sounds right to me.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Edwards will become the face of this franchise soon enough
    Hopefully he becomes the next Dwayne Wade! Not holding my breath but... hoping!!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast