Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Randles not the answer because they have him as the #1 option lol. Randle can score the basketball and rebound the basketball pretty well. They need to lessen his role thatís pretty obvious.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    If RJ reaches his potential he's going to need 3 & D guys around him. right now Randle & Payton control the ball so much, hard for RJ to do much of anything. and so it seems when he gets the ball now he just puts his head down and attacks the rim and shoots no matter what. probably b/c he doesn't see hte ball that much anymore, because Randle won't give it back, and because we don't have many shooters to open space for him. probably a combination of all 3 but i see him passing less and less as the year has gone on.
    you make so many excuses for the guys you like. He needs to make shots and make good decisions. Sure more space you make things easier for him but that is true for everyone on the drive. JR is a promising young player but where is he currently falling short is a result of the fact that he needs to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2020 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

[QUOTE=xxplayerxx23;33386529]Randles not the answer because they have him as the #1 option lol. Randle can score the basketball and rebound the basketball pretty well. They need to lessen his role thatís pretty obvious.[/

Agreed and I was against his signing. Would be against it if you could go back in time. That said if we had Luka heíd be going one on one an a lot and heíd take bad shots. Heíd just make more and dribble it off his foot less. If we put JR in that spot weíd be terrible. If he makes plays Payton will get him the ball. If they decide to encourage him to lead the break a little more or let him try and play make out of screen a little more Iím all for it. Thatís a developmental move. Getting rid of all other play makers will lead to him falling on his face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-16-2020 at 03:11 PM.

I will say if there's anyone that would benefit from 30mpg it's Mitch, he just needs reps. He hasn't played nearly as much ball as most prospects his age.
    I agree. Mitch should get as many reps as possible. His role is pretty defined, he has the tools to fill it, and needs seasoning

I will say if there's anyone that would benefit from 30mpg it's Mitch, he just needs reps. He hasn't played nearly as much ball as most prospects his age.
    He needs to be able not to foul out in 30 minutes but yeah get him as much burn as possible. Itís that time of the year. I want to see iggy play too.

Mitch as a starting C playin at the 5 I mean he should because any other team he probably would be starting

2020 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

This All-Star Game 4th quarter is a MASSIVE success. Bravo NBA!

Well here is hoping next year in 2021 for next Year's NBA All Star weekend in Indianapolis in Indiana...we see Knick players represented during the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    This All-Star Game 4th quarter is a MASSIVE success. Bravo NBA!
    Maybe they need to implement this for all quarters somehow to make the whole thing more watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Maybe they need to implement this for all quarters somehow to make the whole thing more watchable.
    One step at a time.

guys blaming Knicks coaching for Mitch needs to play 30 min per or are you saying Mitch needs to learn not to foul as much to get to 30min per?

As far as RJ, no one, not one Rookie has been giving any more an opportunity and he's shown lots of ability and potential. No one but RJ can be put to blame, stop the crap with if put better players around him he's be so much better?
    So much better at what? A tighter dribble handle, making wide open shots, making better finishes at the rim instead of always thinking he was fouled and not even hit the rim on some of those finishes?

Nothing to do with who surrounds him........

He knows all to well what he needs to work on and he will always want to be in the same sentence and Zion, so he will work his butt off to get there.

RJ is one of the least of our worries for this team, he will come back with a better handle and his shot will improve, the form is just there, the release, mostly everything but the close.

Now from a team standpoint, you obviously try and move forward with Mitch and RJ and try and surround them with shooters and a real play maker.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    guys blaming Knicks coaching for Mitch needs to play 30 min per or are you saying Mitch needs to learn not to foul as much to get to 30min per?

As far as RJ, no one, not one Rookie has been giving any more an opportunity and he's shown lots of ability and potential. No one but RJ can be put to blame, stop the crap with if put better players around him he's be so much better?
    So much better at what? A tighter dribble handle, making wide open shots, making better finishes at the rim instead of always thinking he was fouled and not even hit the rim on some of those finishes?

Nothing to do with who surrounds him........

He knows all to well what he needs to work on and he will always want to be in the same sentence and Zion, so he will work his butt off to get there.

RJ is one of the least of our worries for this team, he will come back with a better handle and his shot will improve, the form is just there, the release, mostly everything but the close.

Now from a team standpoint, you obviously try and move forward with Mitch and RJ and try and surround them with shooters and a real play maker.
    in Feb Mitch has 5 fouls in only 1 game, yet he's played less than 20 minutes in every game but 1. fouling hasn't been the reason he's not playing 30mpg lately.

in Feb Mitch has 5 fouls in only 1 game, yet he's played less than 20 minutes in every game but 1. fouling hasn't been the reason he's not playing 30mpg lately.
    Mitch hasn't been playing for one reason. Taj has been ballin out of control. Some of the best bball I've seen the guy play. Miller is going with the hot hand, just like every other coach we've had here the last decade cause not one of these guys is head and shoulders above the others

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Mitch hasn't been playing for one reason. Taj has been ballin out of control. Some of the best bball I've seen the guy play. Miller is going with the hot hand, just like every other coach we've had here the last decade cause not one of these guys is head and shoulders above the others
    yup... I love Taj, but we know what he can bring already, playing him over Mitch now is just not prioritizing the right things. I do hope we can resign Taj though.

yup... I love Taj, but we know what he can bring already, playing him over Mitch now is just not prioritizing the right things. I do hope we can resign Taj though.
    Bam Adebayo only played 20 mpg last year too. I'm confident when Mitch is ready to break out he'll get plenty of minutes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast