Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2020 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread

RJ with 19 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists

Going for MVP if the World can come back haha

RJ showed out on the big stage. He will be playing on Sunday just give him a couple seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    RJ showed out on the big stage. He will be playing on Sunday just give him a couple seasons

I'm surprised RJ played so well but RJ being a future All Star I can see it

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I'm surprised RJ played so well but RJ being a future All Star I can see it
    Why were you surprised? Itís an exhibition with no defense.

RJ is a really good player. I don't know why people are surprised when he plays well. If he wasn't on the terrible Knicks and was on a team who can actually develop young players, he would probably be an all star by now.

So RJ ended

27PT's on 11/17, 0/3 3PTs, 5/6FT's, 6 Rebs, 5 Assists, 3 Stls. in 23 min. Had he hit a few 3's he would have been over the 30pt mark. Keep hustlin Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    RJ is a really good player. I don't know why people are surprised when he plays well. If he wasn't on the terrible Knicks and was on a team who can actually develop young players, he would probably be an all star by now.
    Garrett don't jump on that bandwagon, he plays a ton of minutes, and him missing wide open shots is who's fault in development?

He's a rookie and was also hurt, he was playing well before the ankle, so I think he's going to have a good second half but Knicks are far from hurting his development.

You know coach's can't make the ball go in the hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Idk about an allstar but he certainly isnít in the best position to flourish. Is he Zion or Ja? No. But we knew that when he was drafted. Heís having a nice rookie year he plays hard and has passion for getting better. The shot will improve the way he gets to the rim he doesnít need to be a deadeye. Just keep the defense honest. We do need the other wing to be a shooter in the worst way.

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    In this league itís all about development.
    Majority of the player arenít trey or Luca or Don Mitchell.
    They do need a season or two under there wings to blossom.

It took giannias, Kobe, Dirk, cp3, Wade and dozens others to blossom into a star player.
    It comes down to how hard he works and the mind set he has to try and perfect his craft.

That will separate RJ from others, his major flaw is his shot. Imagine if he can eventually get that 3 % up to 39-40 %. And his FT% up to 80 %, All while getting stronger. The kid will be a beast.

Give him time. He will be a future star in this league, book it now

RJ really does have the cards stacked against him playing on the Knicks with a horrible fit in the backcourt and horrible spacing overall. His style of play requires interior space. I think he'll be fine once the Knicks put a sensible unit out there with shooters at multiple positions.

I feel really good about his improvement because the guy is a basketball lifer and that seems to matter tons when it comes to young guys plugging the holes in their games. Kawhi, Wade, Butler, Siakam were all non shooters. I think amongst those guys there is a scenario for RJ getting from where he is today as a rookie to a player at his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post

It took giannias, Kobe, Dirk, cp3, Wade and dozens others to blossom into a star player.
    It comes down to how hard he works and the mind set he has to try and perfect his craft.

That will separate RJ from others, his major flaw is his shot. Imagine if he can eventually get that 3 % up to 39-40 %. And his FT% up to 80 %, All while getting stronger. The kid will be a beast.

I don't disagree but CP and Wade had star written all over them as rookies. But I agree some guys are 50/50 their rookie years and RJ right now is in that 50/50 space where it's tough to gauge. He has a lot working against him this year in terms of maximizing his play as a rookie. I think there is a path to being a 2-way star for him and you have to feel good about his love for the game and work ethic. He is going to be such a wildcard going into next season. As Knick fans after seeing Frank and Knox pretty much stagnate or regress I think we are a little skeptical of him progressing into a star after a medicore rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post

That and look at who his godfather is...one of the best PGs ever in Steve Nash and if he has half that work ethic that Nash had, then RJ will definitely be a star in this league. I can definitely see RJ playing next year in Team World vs Team USA in his sophomore year next year but at the same time as far as him being a future NBA All Star in this league, I wouldn't rule it out either.

RJ will definitely be an all-star one day because I think he has the work ethic to work on his shot. If he can keep the defense honest with a decent jumper then he will be unstoppable on offense because he is as elite as any guard in the NBA getting to the rim.

He also has point speed with the ball at 6'7" which is a big advantage. Knicks need a really good point guard who can also score. RJ would look a lot better with actual scorers around him. He is limited playing off of Payton and Bullock... They both suck!

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    That and look at who his godfather is...one of the best PGs ever in Steve Nash and if he has half that work ethic that Nash had, then RJ will definitely be a star in this league. I can definitely see RJ playing next year in Team World vs Team USA in his sophomore year next year but at the same time as far as him being a future NBA All Star in this league, I wouldn't rule it out either.
    Bingo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    RJ will definitely be an all-star one day because I think he has the work ethic to work on his shot. If he can keep the defense honest with a decent jumper then he will be unstoppable on offense because he is as elite as any guard in the NBA getting to the rim.

He also has point speed with the ball at 6'7" which is a big advantage. Knicks need a really good point guard who can also score. RJ would look a lot better with actual scorers around him. He is limited playing off of Payton and Bullock... They both suck!

Which is why I suggested the Knicks draft LaMelo Ball because he would be perfect alongside RJ

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast