Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Tatum

Tatum

Tatum has become the Celtics best player. Discuss.

Of course he has...he is a stud

What surprised me so far is his improvement in defense. Figure that frame and stroke the O would be there just needed to be consistent and " the man" now after a few years he is comfy and coming around..... All around...... Figured jaylen would be the d wing and Tatum the o wing but they are both gonna be studs. We have 2 potential top 10 wingers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Tatum in 5 years will probably be top 10 in the league

Yeah heís been amazing lately. All these guys we draft and we wish and hope the become something and here it is!!!!

Him and JB the under 25 version of PG and Khawi?? Lol

I would say Tatum and Brown more or less are more like Pierce and Antoine Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would say Tatum and Brown more or less are more like Pierce and Antoine Walker

Eh...i disagree. Pierce/walker were terrible defenders during their time together. A lot of inefficient chucked up shots especially from Walker.

JB and Tatum are pretty solid all around and are still super young and developing. Its pretty exciting to watch happen.

As for Tatum, he is definitely impressing me these last 15 games or so. He looks far more confident and it feels like he is not settling as much. That game against LAC he welcomed the challenge of going at Kawhi. That was the moment i was like, whoa.

Tatum could be a future MVP or in consideration in the next few years

Nice scorer but let's pump the breaks. IMO Tatum possesses absolutely no awareness of other teammates on offense. People should watch Bird again and remind themselves how prolific a player he was -- the way he could score and work within a team game. Tatum tries too hard to be Kobe. And Kobe was no Bird.

Well I donít think anyone was comparing him to Bird and if youíre saying Kobe is his ceiling Iíll take that lmao...And while I agree his passing is his biggest weakness I wouldnít go as far as to say he has NO awareness(Jaylen brown cough cough) his assists have gone up each year along with his scoring which is a good sign. The next step for him is learning how to pass out of traps and double teams when he doesnít have the shot. Which I think he is totally capable of that, thatís something you have learn how to deal with as defenses werenít doing that to him before so natural he has to learn and improve on how to deal with it.

What separates him from other young ďsuperstarsĒ IMO is his mindset. He always has his son with him, heís not out partying as much as some other young guys and heís dedicated to the game and wants to be great. In a interview the other day they were praising him and saying how heís taken his game to another level etc etc and his response was that he has more levels to go. He can score at any level, improved his handle which was his biggest weakness going into the season(loosing the ball too much on drives) plays at a All NBA defensive level. The sky is really the limit for this KID and itís scary to think what heís going to be in 5 years when he hits his prime if he continues on this trajectory. I donít like to compare players to old generations....but he could be our version of KD? I don't think thatís too far fetched.