Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I mean who really cares. I actually like that there's at least a few people in the NBA that don't wanna slurp each other and be best buddies. And one defensive play in the post with a CLEARLY stronger player winning doesn't take away from his entire career of slack *** defense. And it's also a reinforcement of the notion that it has nothing to do with Hardens ability to play defense but rather his complete lack of ****s to give in that aspect of the game.
    I'm not going to get into the Harden defense debate again. Suffice it to say I firmly disagree with narrative that Harden is this atrocious defender who is a massive black hole on that end of the floor. He's not great, but he definitely has his positives on that end of the floor. He's average to slightly below average. And in a switch-happy defense that often sees Harden defend bigger players in the post, he actually really excels. For a 6'6" SG, he's probably one fo the better post defenders in the league. That Siakam play is a perfect example of that.

Edit: I will agree with you that I don't mind a little trash talk or back and forth between players when it's warranted. But Giannis' insults over the last week just felt so random and unnecessary. And Harden hasn't really retaliated at all, so all the drama is being initiated by Giannis, and it just comes off as petty and immature.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm not going to get into the Harden defense debate again. Suffice it to say I firmly disagree with narrative that Harden is this atrocious defender who is a massive black hole on that end of the floor. He's not great, but he definitely has his positives on that end of the floor. He's average to slightly below average. And in a switch-happy defense that often sees Harden defend bigger players in the post, he actually really excels. For a 6'6" SG, he's probably one fo the better post defenders in the league. That Siakam play is a perfect example of that.

Edit: I will agree with you that I don't mind a little trash talk or back and forth between players when it's warranted. But Giannis' insults over the last week just felt so random and unnecessary. And Harden hasn't really retaliated at all, so all the drama is being initiated by Giannis, and it just comes off as petty and immature.
    Harden is most assuredly below average and as a basketball fan that's frustrating. Because as I stated in my earlier post it has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with just not trying. I've seen him man up to Giannis in the post and play absolutely perfect defense, just stonewall guys with his strength. He is a helluva man defender when he wants to be and he has all the attributes, strength, size, incredible footwork. He just doesn't care and that's what's aggravating to me (I can't speak to others).

Rippin' lips son!!

Kemba lost that game last night. It was just one bad shot after another in the fourth. Pass the ball.

$100,000 per quarter may sound generous, but it's not. They made that much in alcohol sales at the game in one quarter.

I loved the 4th quarter. I hope to see that every time. Can't wait to see Lebron and Giannis go at it in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Harden is most assuredly below average and as a basketball fan that's frustrating. Because as I stated in my earlier post it has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with just not trying. I've seen him man up to Giannis in the post and play absolutely perfect defense, just stonewall guys with his strength. He is a helluva man defender when he wants to be and he has all the attributes, strength, size, incredible footwork. He just doesn't care and that's what's aggravating to me (I can't speak to others).
    He's not laterally quick, though, which is why you see faster guards blow by him sometimes. Sometimes I think it's an effort thing, but I also just think quicker guards give him fits on the perimeter. Now if he's defending a 6'8" SF outside, he can stay with him more often than not. Or if you need him to defend a smaller guard for one possession at the end of the game, he can typically handle that.

But for a guy who exerts so much effort on the offensive side of the ball, I just don't think he's capable of 100% effort defensively on every possession. That's not making excuses for the guy—that's just reality.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You are all by yourself on this one...again...
    So?

Does that suddenly make the All Star matchup a high quality game?
    No matter how many people liked that crapfest, it's still a crap game that only kids would enjoy.

Maybe if they made all quarters first to 24 points or something it'd be better.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    So?

No matter how many people liked that crapfest, it's still a crap game that only kids would enjoy.

Yea
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

So?

False, just shows how you are in your own world. “ only kids would enjoy” is just another one of your “ only I think like me” statements. You are a major outlier in this world. Your opinions never pertain to the real world humans occupy.

The only thing confirmed here is that you have no understanding of sporting substance and you're very prone to liking crap products that are sold as gold mines.

Not that I didn't expect that. The new generation of NBA fans is just so ignorant and it shows by their loyalty to this constant ********. People are actually praising this game ffs

Next thing we'll hear is that it was the most star studded All Star game of all time if no one hasn't already uttered that yet
    definitely better than plenty from the defenseless/soft 80s

It's a meaningless showcase during a semi-meaningless Regular Season.

Yes. It's mostly for kids and immature people.

300+ points scored? 110 three pointers shot? Watching the Harlem Globetrotters has far more value.
    OK boomer.

Rippin' lips son!!

All Star matchup a high quality game
    Well said.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

https://twitter.com/nwash85/status/1...895195137?s=19

I nominate this dude for the 2021 Dunk Contest.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    https://twitter.com/nwash85/status/1...895195137?s=19

I nominate this dude for the 2021 Dunk Contest.
    That's a good idea. Make is open to non NBA players have a $100,000 prize or something. You'd get crazy good dunkers going all out
    Last edited by ewing; 02-24-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That's a good idea. Make is open to non NBA players have a $100,000 prize or something. You'd get crazy good dunkers going all out
    That would be awesome

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223