Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riverboat Ron gets rid of Josh Norman again

[Garafolo] Redskins are releasing CB Josh Norman, source says. Intriguing situation to watch, as he now has time to find his new team ahead of free agency.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...25838514458624

Hasn't been good since about 2015, but would like to see him get another shot somewhere.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Lol he must really not like him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Lol he must really not like him.
    A little strange since when it done Norman made it out like Gettleman was the problem.

I mean, he's 32, and he's been pretty bad the last few years, culminating in him being benched for 6 games last year. They saved like $12 mill by cutting him. I'm not sure there was a more obvious cut candidate in the nfl, regardless of who the coach was.

Josh Normanís final defensive play as a Redskin: After WAS starting CBs get hurt, Norman is put in late in the game, and immediately gets beat by Eagles college QB turned PS WR Greg Ward Jr. in the endzone, thus securing the 2nd overall pick for WAS.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Philly gonna sign him

It's not related to Ron Rivera.

Norman was overpaid and this is the first time into the massive contract he got that he could be released with little dead money.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Philly gonna sign him
    I think they'll go after Bouye.

I think Norman needs to go to a good D where he can be situational. Like vet minimum to the Pats where he wouldn't have to play much but could be schemed into good situations to get his mojo back a little. But BB would have to make him hit the gym.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's not related to Ron Rivera.

Norman was overpaid and this is the first time into the massive contract he got that he could be released with little dead money.
    Yea, thatís what I feel. Almost got to fee like Ron asked him if he wanted to help transition a rebuild and take a pay cut, and Norman said he rather be elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I think they'll go after Bouye.

I think Norman needs to go to a good D where he can be situational. Like vet minimum to the Pats where he wouldn't have to play much but could be schemed into good situations to get his mojo back a little. But BB would have to make him hit the gym.
    Philly has never been shy spending big on a FA CB although it rarely worked out . But the Eagles D line could be just what Norman needs .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Philly has never been shy spending big on a FA CB although it rarely worked out .

They did it twice:
    Samuel who worked wonderfully, and Asomugha who while not great wasn't terrible. Aside from that they traded for Darby who couldn't stay healthy. Byron Maxwell was far worse than Asomugha.

i would not sign or trade for corners ever... they are to much a product of a system... the last 10 trades or big signings of a corner how many actually worked out?

eagles fans maxwell and asomough or however his name is spelled... revis/norman... look what the dude from the jags did after he was traded lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i would not sign or trade for corners ever... they are to much a product of a system... the last 10 trades or big signings of a corner how many actually worked out?

eagles fans maxwell and asomough or however his name is spelled... revis/norman... look what the dude from the jags did after he was traded lol
    Revis actually could be argued worked for Tampa and New England. Gilmore has worked out amazing for New England. Nelson and Haden have worked out well for Pittsburgh. Heyward for Los Angeles Chargers. Just for some

He's always been overrated... Now he's just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

Asante Samuel worked out just fine for u guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast