Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727

    This place has really died.

    What the hell happened? I get a two month timeout from the website and this place is dead.

    AEW not delivering? The excitement before launch basically kept this place alive?

    Not shocked the WWE threads have died down in terms of traffic, that was the feeling before I got the ban.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    25,941
    Minus Jericho AEW is a total bore for me. There's nothing new or edgy about them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,210
    Lack of interest most likely.

    Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,179
    There are no larger than life stars anymore. Lesnar still has that presence about him, but the smarks hate him. 90% of the roster is a bunch of dorks that look like lame video game create-a-wrestlers that wouldn't have survived a pro wrestling locker room in the 80s or 90s. I really can't for the life of me understand why anyone would sit through 3 hours of Raw. Pro wrestling as most of us knew and loved it is dead.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    There are no larger than life stars anymore. Lesnar still has that presence about him, but the smarks hate him. 90% of the roster is a bunch of dorks that look like lame video game create-a-wrestlers that wouldn't have survived a pro wrestling locker room in the 80s or 90s. I really can't for the life of me understand why anyone would sit through 3 hours of Raw. Pro wrestling as most of us knew and loved it is dead.
    Smarks hate how he is used. I love Brock but most of us are tired of him holding major titles for months and showing up so little. This isn't boxing or the UFC. It doesn't make the title more important. Its just an absentee champion.

    That's why I was adamant when myself and Riv had that conversation last year about people losing interest in the product. He gave me the story that WWE is like a box of chocolates, something in it for everyone. Meanwhile, I was telling him there are obvious troubling signs for WWE that he was ignoring.

    The fact that current wrestlers don't look like their steroid pumped predecessors doesn't matter much. The lack of interesting story line is what really hurts the product week to week.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-16-2020 at 10:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,269
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Smarks hate how he is used. I love Brock but most of us are tired of him holding major titles for months and showing up so little. This isn't boxing or the UFC. It doesn't make the title more important. Its just an absentee champion.

    That's why I was adamant when myself and Riv had that conversation last year about people losing interest in the product. He gave me the story that WWE is like a box of chocolates, something in it for everyone. Meanwhile, I was telling him there are obvious troubling signs for WWE that he was ignoring.

    The fact that current wrestlers don't look like their steroid pumped predecessors doesn't matter much. The lack of interesting story line is what really hurts the product week to week.
    agreed on all of this.

    The storylines suck, theres nothing there to grip you and pull you in. Bray's stuff with the Fire Fly fun house has been pretty good for the most part.

    As for Brock, you were correct, Its not that I don't like Brock. The first couple of times he came back I marked out and loved it but anymore you can tell he just comes in for the pay check. Shows up heyman cuts a promo, Brock just bounces around, then you don't see him for a long time, then you have his match he throws a bunch of German Suplexes some punches and kicks then hits a few F5s and the match is over. its a boring match

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,190
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    agreed on all of this.

    The storylines suck, theres nothing there to grip you and pull you in. Bray's stuff with the Fire Fly fun house has been pretty good for the most part.

    As for Brock, you were correct, Its not that I don't like Brock. The first couple of times he came back I marked out and loved it but anymore you can tell he just comes in for the pay check. Shows up heyman cuts a promo, Brock just bounces around, then you don't see him for a long time, then you have his match he throws a bunch of German Suplexes some punches and kicks then hits a few F5s and the match is over. its a boring match
    Absolutely. That's why I like when Brock wrestles guys like Bryan, Styles, Balor, etc. His match with Ricochet will be good too because those guys bring out the best in Brock. Brock is still very athletic for a 42 year old guy and when he's motivated he's a great watch. That said, I can't stand him holding the title in absentia. Its annoying AF. Vince leans on that crutch way too much.

    You're right though. When Brock goes into suplex city, F5 mode, I'm done.

    I'll give the WWE credit recently. The story lines have been better. I like the Edge/Orton story, I like Bray although he should be booked even stronger imo, I love McIntyre, I like the Otis/Mandy stuff, etc but that's not enough to carry 5 hours a week of main roster programming.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-17-2020 at 06:07 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Minus Jericho AEW is a total bore for me. There's nothing new or edgy about them.
    Well, I disagree. This version of Jericho is boring, sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I think Cody was a better fit as the leader of The IC over Jericho. I literally mute every time Jericho talks because the character is boring.

    -----------

    As for Brock

    Everybody know my feelings on the SOB. He is one dimension and quite frankly he sucks but I put that on Vince. Brock should NOT be book as indestructible. The fact that he needs legitimate talent to get the best out of him, tells me he should not be champion. The fact that the WWE has been using R-Truth, Ricochet, etc in skits with Brock also tells me WWE is noticing people growing bored with Heyman/Lesnar.

    The best thing for Lesnar would be for Heyman to turn on him, cost him the belt and get Brock suspended for a while. I love the idea of Heyman aligning with Rollin's group (whatever the hell they will be called)
    Screw sabermetics.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Well, I disagree. This version of Jericho is boring, sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I think Cody was a better fit as the leader of The IC over Jericho. I literally mute every time Jericho talks because the character is boring.

    -----------

    As for Brock

    Everybody know my feelings on the SOB. He is one dimension and quite frankly he sucks but I put that on Vince. Brock should NOT be book as indestructible. The fact that he needs legitimate talent to get the best out of him, tells me he should not be champion. The fact that the WWE has been using R-Truth, Ricochet, etc in skits with Brock also tells me WWE is noticing people growing bored with Heyman/Lesnar.

    The best thing for Lesnar would be for Heyman to turn on him, cost him the belt and get Brock suspended for a while. I love the idea of Heyman aligning with Rollin's group (whatever the hell they will be called)
    You almost have no choice to book Brock as anything but indestructible. He's a former UFC heavyweight champion. He was and maybe still is the most legitimate fighter in WWE. You can't book him to lose to Finn Balor for example. It doesn't make logical sense. Now should he hold these titles for months on end and never show up? No. Should he have been the one who ended Undertaker's streak? No they had an opportunity to make a star out of a new guy and didn't do it.

    The WWE has strange booking though. Remember when Brock came back in 2012. His first two matches were losses to John Cena and HHH.

    Eh a lot of guys need the better talent to make themselves look better. Bray is no magician in the ring for example.

    The thing was there were guys Brock could be fighting that WWE had him steer clear of for a while. Guys like Bobby Lashley, Drew McIntyre (until now), Cesaro, Big E, etc. Guys that are legitimate threats to beat Brock and matches where he could be nowhere near the title picture.

    This seems like an every year thing around WrestleMania. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brock hold one of the major titles next year around this time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •