Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I too, like others on this forum grew up watching the 90's Bulls. Had lots of hope in the KH, Gordon, Deng era as well as the Rose, Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Deng time. It just always felt like they were one piece away from being a true championship team. Since Phil Jackson, it feels like the organization is always trying to get lucky with guys who have not a lot of business being head coaches in the NBA. Besides Thibs. I was hyped for this year, at least the young guys being around .500. Even with all the injuries I don't think they would be close. It's a sad state when big city teams like New York and Chicago have been bad for so long. They have the money to compete with any other team, just really bad front offices. I'm hoping the organization overhauls the front office and the team moves in a positive direction. And finds a coach who knows how to coach to the players strengths. Any way, I still love the team, even if it is from afar. One day they will be competitive again and I will jump back on the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    I too, like others on this forum grew up watching the 90's Bulls. Had lots of hope in the KH, Gordon, Deng era as well as the Rose, Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Deng time. It just always felt like they were one piece away from being a true championship team. Since Phil Jackson, it feels like the organization is always trying to get lucky with guys who have not a lot of business being head coaches in the NBA. Besides Thibs. I was hyped for this year, at least the young guys being around .500. Even with all the injuries I don't think they would be close. It's a sad state when big city teams like New York and Chicago have been bad for so long. They have the money to compete with any other team, just really bad front offices. I'm hoping the organization overhauls the front office and the team moves in a positive direction. And finds a coach who knows how to coach to the players strengths. Any way, I still love the team, even if it is from afar. One day they will be competitive again and I will jump back on the bandwagon.
    Man the 90's were so damn good! It spoiled me so much that I wouldn't be happy with even a single championship. I have to witness another dynasty in this lifetime now. My teams have been excruciating for 23 years. Bears, Bulls, White Sox, Notre Dame Football, IU Basketball! I've had a few teases, but nothing of substance.

For me, living in Australia the NBA was very popular in the 90’s and the player kids at my primary school loved and collected Basketball cards of was Michael Jordan so I started to “support” the Bulls. I can say I have memories of the championship celebrations and watching on TV finals games during the 2nd 3-peat but I can’t say that I was watching International sports like I do now. In fact I watched more Bulls games from the Derrick Rose era. Although I have barely watched Bulls games for the last 6-7 years having become disillusioned with the front office, I am very excited about the future with the latest FO signings and will watch more in the future.

My Bulls support has turned into Chicago sports fandom. I’ve watched a **** ton of Cubs games since 2015 and I pay attention to the Bears and Blackhawks.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Started because Dave Corzine looked like my Dad. I grew up in Chicago in the 80s, lived in the south suburbs in the 90s. So I experienced all of Jordan. So theres that too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I was a young teenager/kid on the Bulls dynasty back in the 90´s. That was it.
    That team was amazing. Real bulls playing. Playing hard, quality basketball.

On the 00´s, i only saw standings, results, etc.... I remember Luol Deng got my attention at some point but i never watched full games.

On the 10´s, Derrick Rose happen and i was, once again, glued to the game.

It's funny that as a child around 7 when we won our first championship being a fan was def. a thing I loved the Bulls and everything about them. However I just loved the sport and the 90's were just amazing for me as a kid when it came to basketball.

I mean this was when I was learning what being a fan was as you become an adult. Allot of you that were around may or may not be able to completely relate that if asked yes, you most likely said "Michael Jordan is my favorite player" it really wasn't uncommon at that point that allot of us still idolized allot of the other guys.

I'd say my true appreciation of Michael didn't really happen till I was quite a bit older after the 90's cause to me being those ages much like allot of Yankees fans winning championships is just what we did and I didn't think that it wouldn't last forever lol.

Everyone had Jordan shoes. I mean for me I had Gary Paytons, Pennys, Kemps, Barkleys, Kidds etc..

The game for me then was just amazing and these stars I looked at in a different way.

All in all I was a huge Bulls fan, but I ****ing loved basketball in the 90's.

Then fast forward to the next wave of our Bulls run and it meant and felt entirely different. This time there was hatred towards other teams and players lol. I mean those runs with Rose were about as passionate I have been about the Bulls ever and I am sure allot of you prob. can relate. It just was different and I didn't think about reliving the 90's I was just so entrenched in what we were then.

Lately due to my complete distaste with the org. it's been rough and oddly enough you may be able to go back to start of this year that for the first time in a long time I was able to finally let go of the past run we had and start to enjoy the whole game this year similar to like when I was a kid.

I am really excited for this next chapter cause while those 90's were amazing as a kid, I would say my fandom that took place in the 2000's took on a life of it's own and I want that feeling back. I mean I have single moments I can't forget where I was and who I was with.

John Lucas games.
    Nate Robinson game (namely the Nets triple OT winning game)
    The Bulls Celtics series(a coming out party for that young team)
    Rose vs the Heat

Man I miss that and all of this wrapped up is why I am a Bulls fan starting with Jordan era Bulls and why it became a passion as well to want to watch them do well.

I remember the last championship game ending pretty clearly, I was 9.

But the year that really got me going was the 0-13 start with BG7, KH12, Chandler, Noc and company.

What a fun season and team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I was born in '92, so I don't FULLY remember the Jordan era as well. For me, when I think of the Bulls, the first thing that comes to mind is Derrick Rose squaring off against LeBron in the playoffs, and the team always coming up just short. Loved those teams, wish I could run a simulation of what would have happened to the franchise if Derrick didn't get injured and also had a bit more interest when it came to recruiting free agents to come play in CHI.

Grew up in the suburbs. Born in 87, reason enough.

Went to players camps in the summer. Played against Jordans kids. Jordan was at a bunch of our games which was awesome. Played with Pippens kid at the YMCA. He came in once while we were dicking around on an open court. Went to a bunch of games as a kid.

I've lived in LA for 7 years now. Feel Chicago sports as a sense of pride. I don't understand how people can switch allegiances.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12