Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So why are you a bulls fan?

Just curious as we seem to have an active fanbase online for a team that has only been places in a small window of their existence. Really curious about fans born after 1990 because you might remember the second three peat but you for sure have no memory of watching the first one.

I grew up equally away from both Dallas and Chicago, was born in the 80s and the Bulls were the only regular team on cable for me with WGN. Honestly if I had grown up in a state with a team like NC I'd probably be worse off and be a hornets/bobcat fan.

Had I grown up in Montana or somewhere like that I might be a Sonics fan then and a Thunder fan now.

For those born in Chicago or close enough to it. Would you be a fan of any other team if you had grown up elsewhere in proximity to another team, or if you were born say in Montana?

Just curious as to why people ride with this franchise still, especially if you aint old enough to remember the good times because you dont have anything else to hang your hat on.

Growing up equally away from Dallas they were the nfl team always on TV so while I had the chiefs I chose them, call me a bandwagon kid all you want. But with both the Bulls and Cowboys I have not fallen off. Now will the bulls sucking and the game going softer and softer I have floated more and more away from the NBA but I still ride with the Bulls. Its how I am made. I mean I still ride with the Cowboys and thats been 25 years of Jerry causing them not to win.

For those rocking with them because of the city and/or state, proximity do you ever wish you could have been born somewhere else. Still having the same family, lovers, friends, life...better or not. So you could have grown up a fan of literally any other team or would you still prefer the way things have turned out regarding the Bulls and your fandom.

Because I'm a masochist. I like the Redskins too. It's been a tough couple of decades.

You should have seen these forums during the early part of 2010s.... over 100 pages during a regular season game

I was born and bred a Chicago sports fan. Both my parents families migrated to Gary, IN in the 60's to work at the Steel Mills. My parents were all Chicago sports from the get go. I was born in Youngstown, OH in 1987, but grew up through all 6 Bulls Championships, although I only watched 3-6 since I was pretty young, and only truly truly comprehended 4-6. Always been a Bears, Bulls, Sox fan, and had a brief stint as a Cubs and Sox fan until my older cousin told me that was a no no and I had to choose. Don't really give a **** about Hockey so can't claim the Blackhawks, although that would definitely be my team if I did. Outside of that it was IU Basketball and ND Football. Won't claim IU Football or ND Basketball under any circumstances lol.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    You should have seen these forums during the early part of 2010s.... over 100 pages during a regular season game
    Yeah. This is far from an active forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    For real. It used to be nuts. I wasn't sure if it was cuz we suck, which I know is a big reason this forum has died, or if it was the Twitter effect. Or Reddit which I never got into.

Yeah lol just for fun... Here is a thread from 3/7/12 Bulls vs Bucks with 89 pages. God those were good times.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...g-COLD-BLOODED!)

This place is pretty dead compared to what it once was, that's for sure.

Anyway, I have been a Chicago sports fan my entire life. I grew up in central Illinois and even though I've been gone for over 20 years, I still follow the Cubs, Bears, and to a lesser extent, the Bulls. I really loved basketball growing up, got to see the tail end of the Bulls dynasty under Jordan, and enjoyed some of the KH/Gordon/Deng teams, as well as the Thibs/Rose/Noah/Deng teams. They've been hot ****ing garbage since, so my interest in this franchise is waning. I hope they turn it around soon, but I have pretty low expectations when you consider Reinsdorf's track record as an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Yeah lol just for fun... Here is a thread from 3/7/12 Bulls vs Bucks with 89 pages. God those were good times.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...g-COLD-BLOODED!)
    Nothing compared to the threads during the 2010-2011 season when the Heatles formed and we were running the East with MVP-to-be D-Rose. 1k+ posts every single game lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved to Chicago in June 95 as a 10yr old as soon as the 2nd 3peat was about to start, and of course that was the 72 win season. I feel like my allegiance would reside wherever I live, especially since my 3 main teams (Bulls, Bears, Cubs) have given me a lot more pain vs. joy over the past 25 years.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Because I am not a Fair Weather Fan.... Because I hold out hope for the teams I root for. For the Same reason that knicks fans still go to MSQ..... The Same reason LA Fans had hope when they were post Kobe and sucking. Maybe one day it will turn around. Maybe we will be stuck in this mess for the next 10-15 years like the Knicks.

My only hope is that... as a fanbase. When you See this happen on live TV...... Something has to change right ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CkWJYCnZOM

For those who have not seen it... Zach Lavine... our best player... goes on NBA First take.... and They get a Fire Garpax Chant behind him.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Nothing compared to the threads during the 2010-2011 season when the Heatles formed and we were running the East with MVP-to-be D-Rose. 1k+ posts every single game lol.

It's sad that we arent hitting 200 posts for a game thread for the entire year now lol but I havent watched a single game in 2 years and havent watched a full game since thibs got fired. Told all of you guys we should have fired pax like 7 years ago and I was chastised for it lol 🤣 but at least we are all on the same side now.

Born and raised in NW Indiana, grew up watching Artis Gilmore and Reggie Theus...loved the 90's. It's been pretty barren since, although the early 2010's Bulls were exciting. Paxson and Foreman have to go, Boylen too, team needs a total rebuild management wise.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I don’t consider myself a bulls fan anymore. I was diehard for my whole life. Started watching the Jordan days when I was 6 but they’re just not worth my time anymore. They’re a terrible organization - a dumpster Fire - that frankly, isn’t worth watching. They continue to put a crap product on the court and their FO is even more disgusting. Probably not a word or description in the English language to properly describe their ineptness and unlike ability.

I don’t consider myself a bulls fan anymore. I was diehard for my whole life. Started watching the Jordan days when I was 6 but they’re just not worth my time anymore. They’re a terrible organization - a dumpster Fire - that frankly, isn’t worth watching. They continue to put a crap product on the court and their FO is even more disgusting. Probably not a word or description in the English language to properly describe their ineptness and unlike ability.
    Most of my interest in them is from afar, like visiting this forum, and watching highlights. I haven't watched a full game in years. They're just such a tough watch.

I've watched a ton of Mavs games lately though. Big fan of Luka, Cuban actually gives a **** about his team (and doesn't just treat it as an investment), and Carlisle is a great coach. I'm probably more of a Mavs then Bulls fan these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast