Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions GM Bob Quinn says Stafford is not being traded or shopped

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...nn/4746995002/

Which is funny because Stafford wife was commenting on the stories about the Lions shopping him and how she'd like to live in Cali.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

32 million in dead cap and an owner who gave the dunces in charge an ultimatium to win now suggests to me that this move will not happen. I am not opposed to moving Stafford to a real franchise and firing the boobs in charge to start yet another rebuild, but that does not seem like it will happen. Coming off a 2 seasons in a row with back injuries and being 32 also makes the return shaky, another reason why I could see them not wanting to move Stafford right now.

I was hoping they would move him so he could get to an actually competent franchise with actual talent around him and he could blow the **** up.

for some reason the lions and some dumbasses here seem to think that a QB should be able to be successful with only WRs, no defense, no oline, and no run game to speak of.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Stafford should be moved and why? Detroit Lions are a team that will never win a title especially in today's NFL especially if they have no weapons especially no weapons around Stafford to be successful. But then again where can you move him? I mean no teams are in need of a QB right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Stafford should be moved and why? Detroit Lions are a team that will never win a title especially in today's NFL especially if they have no weapons especially no weapons around Stafford to be successful. But then again where can you move him? I mean no teams are in need of a QB right now.
    About 1/3rd of the teams in the league would be able to upgrade with him to win now.

Buccs
    Bills
    Chargers
    Jags (assuming that D isn't dead, might be)
    Jets
    Eagles/Cowboys (depending on which team you're not a fan of)
    Raiders
    Rams
    Pats (if Brady leaves)
    Panthers
    Saints (if Brees retires)

He'd arguable be an upgrade for the Vikings and Falcons as well, but unlikely for those to work out with Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins contracts.

Either way, in retrospect the reason why the Lions are going out of their way to say Stafford is staying is to drive up trade value for their #3 overall pick, which will likely be traded to draft Tua if any team wants to jump Miami.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Stafford to the Broncos works

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I was hoping they would move him so he could get to an actually competent franchise with actual talent around him and he could blow the **** up.

for some reason the lions and some dumbasses here seem to think that a QB should be able to be successful with only WRs, no defense, no oline, and no run game to speak of.
    if i am the lions id give him to the highest bidder even if it were the bears... get whatever you can for the dude. Its nut really... you had prime staff and prime megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    About 1/3rd of the teams in the league would be able to upgrade with him to win now.

Buccs
    Bills
    Chargers
    Jags (assuming that D isn't dead, might be)
    Jets
    Eagles/Cowboys (depending on which team you're not a fan of)
    Raiders
    Rams
    Pats (if Brady leaves)
    Panthers
    Saints (if Brees retires)

He'd arguable be an upgrade for the Vikings and Falcons as well, but unlikely for those to work out with Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins contracts.

Either way, in retrospect the reason why the Lions are going out of their way to say Stafford is staying is to drive up trade value for their #3 overall pick, which will likely be traded to draft Tua if any team wants to jump Miami.
    you could add the bears/patriots with or without brady/Steelers/Eagles/Cowboys and hell maybe even the packers to this list... sure Dak/Wentz are younger but stafford is better right now. Id have staff in say the 7-9 range

Then I would rather Stafford go to the Chicago Bears

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you could add the bears/patriots with or without brady/Steelers/Eagles/Cowboys and hell maybe even the packers to this list... sure Dak/Wentz are younger but stafford is better right now. Id have staff in say the 7-9 range
    Why do people keep bringing up the Steelers in this stuff? We aren't letting go of Ben and we don't have the cap for 2 $30+mil QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Why do people keep bringing up the Steelers in this stuff? We aren't letting go of Ben and we don't have the cap for 2 $30+mil QB's.
    If the steelers could trade Ben for Stafford they would, just on age alone.

The reason the steelers would be out is they don't have the draft capital needed to acquire Stafford.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    its mostly the age etc... if the steelers could trade ben to another team and get stafford it would be a no brainer... it wont happen much like the eagles/cowboys/packers etc would never do it either but instantly all these teams at least for now would be better with staff