Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Morris to Clips for Harkless, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd (DET) + Rights to Issuf Sanon (WAS)

Also have the rights to swap 2021 1st round picks with the Clippers (unsure if we can swap the Dallas pick instead of our own ó would be nice potentially)

Harkless: https://youtu.be/zjKSa9jL0l8

Sanon: https://youtu.be/C2ew6bt8qVE

Farewell Mook. Maybe we see him again in July (doubt it). I think the Knicks did very well here. Maybe Perry is trying to salvage his job here lol
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-06-2020 at 05:23 PM.

So Morris is the only vet that had any value?

Jonathan Macri
    @JCMacriNBA

To everyone upset NY didn't move other vets:

The reason you're mad - because they stink, and take away time from guys you'd rather see - is the same reason they're all still here.

Other teams watch the Knicks too.

I hope they can clear out roster spots for some g league players or something.

Going to back the off season it now looks like a straight up failure if the vets stay here now

Only morris got any value and these vets will be here instead of just letting the young guys play. They must now just let the young guys play major minutes and see what they have. the playoff dream is dead and terrible vets bring nothing to the roster long term

We got no value for Morris. Like I would have preferred going after Kuzma then who would have been a more tradable asset or we could have kept.

Best poster on PSD Douglas

TBH, Iíd rather have Harkless than Kuzma.

Heís only 2 years older than Kuzma and heís a good defender who can play the 3 or 4. Athletic with a decent shot and enormous 7í2Ē wingspan. Plus heís from Queens, Kuzma is not built for NY.

Also Harkless is an expiring, if they choose not to keep him.

How many out of the lottery player 1st round pics do we need for our BEST player?

If this is all that he is worth, then they should have kept him

I am telling you. continuing to destroy your roster for INCREASED losing is just as bad as the ownership itself

If they were gonna do this. Trade all of these forwards for picks.

Y can't I just drop this sad sack franchise

I would rather watch Morris play than selection 31 and 38 of next years draft. Smh

From possibly kuzma to this. At least kuz had value and better upside than harkless
    Last edited by nicnac; 02-06-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-06-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Optimism. Lol

Morris to Clips for Harkless, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd (DET) + Rights to Issuf Sanon (WAS)

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    Optimism. Lol
    For a rental, the Knicks got a haul. This is probably the best trade theyíve ever made in my life lol smh

There was no way, NO WAY the Lakers would be dumb enough to give up Kyle Kuzma for Marcus "Feminine Hygiene" Morris. Morris is a ball stopper. Kyle knows from experience, you don't do what Lebron wants then he sends you to New Orleans.

I've been a critic of Knicks GM Scott Perry but the truth is, he exceeded expectations. There was NO BETTER deal possible. Why you say? Well every one knows from Phoenix to Detroit to Boston...Marcus Morris is a class A-hole in the locker room. He slows the development of youth. Ask J. Tatum how it feels not to have Morris holding the ball and taking shots w/o getting his teammates involved?

Basically the Knicks will own the most late first rounders in the next 2 seasons. They will have the late first rounders from Dallas Mavs and LA Clippers who will both be playoff bound.

Here's the thing...draft picks are only as valuable as the GM's ability to draft. Right now, NONE of the Knicks' youth look like Franchise guys. More or less bench players and maybe one plus role player in RJ Barrett. MAYBE in 2 more seasons...things will change and stars will emerge but right now, they are their record.

Final grade: B+

It's something.

If you think about what we got for 30 or so games of Marcus Morris, itís kind of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    If you think about what we got for 30 or so games of Marcus Morris, itís kind of crazy.
    The sky is not falling Knicks fans. We're in a good place. Just play the youngins, even if it means continuing to lose, and acquire the right assets. I would've liked Mann instead of the late 1st rounder to be honest but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    We got no value for Morris. Like I would have preferred going after Kuzma then who would have been a more tradable asset or we could have kept.
    What are u talking about? We got good value for him. He wasn't worth much with his current contract. A late first is just fine. Couldn't expect much more.

Legitimately surprised Perry managed to pull off a deal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The sky is not falling Knicks fans. We're in a good place. Just play the youngins, even if it means continuing to lose, and acquire the right assets. I would've liked Mann instead of the late 1st rounder to be honest but that's me.
    Yes. Going forward we have a boatload of first round picks (including most importantly our own), a crew of young assets ranging from very good (Mitch, RJ) to maybe/questionable, and also cap flexibility. Anyone who has followed the Knicks for the past 20 years should understand that this scenario is new and different.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast