Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Eddy Curry - The Truth Was Way Worse

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...-was-way-worse

great and sad read from Curry... thought you guys might be interested.

anyone that was a Knick fan during the Curry years should absolutely read this, trust me.

Will never downplay what happened to his children and his GF, but the rest of it wasn't that powerful TBH. Every athlete deals with sheisty characters and entitled friends/family. To me he's basically saying he was naive and childlike, couldn't make smart decisions and tell people "no", let bad dudes into his inner circle and people took advantage of him, therefore we should feel bad for him.

I also think he is glossing over the truth of what happened with his limo driver. I don't think he settles with the guy if it boiled down to nothing more than a couple jokes while playing video games.

i had no idea he had an entire separate family secretly from his wife. i didn't pay much attention to players personal lives back then. but his wife def stood by him through a lot.

Wow thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I hope everything works put well for the guy, but hes the main reason i hate stupid athletes so much, and dont feel a bit of sympathy for him. To me hes the front man for dumb players such as mitch and dsj.

Curry made me realize that that guys who are so useless and dumb, you probably cant save them. Curry was so dumb and useless we had to hire anthony mason to baby sit him. You cant save these fools. Curry taught me that.

He was stupid and lazy, and this franchise wasted a lot of time and years on him, and years later were surrounded by similarly stupid dumb lazy players.

The bad things that happened to him didnt happen randomly, they happened because thats the kind of people he surrounded himself with.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i had no idea he had an entire separate family secretly from his wife. i didn't pay much attention to players personal lives back then. but his wife def stood by him through a lot.
    Me neither.

Wow yeah, she’s as loyal as they come. Especially accepted a child as her own from a woman he cheated with. That’s unimaginable for some.

Old news. Most of these stories are well-known. The franchises just pay ridiculous money to suppress it.

Sports Illustrated released a story in the 90s called, "Where's Daddy?" with a child standing there alone. The writer did research on NBA players with kids out of wedlock. The Bartolo Colon Award of secret families went to then Charlotte Hornet, Larry Johnson.

MSG does an amazing job of snuffing out any negative stories about their players. While the Porzingis sexual assault charge was thrown out...as well as the Derrick Rose sexual assault charge, the Knicks did a GREAT job of keeping the New York media from running with it...until they were no longer Knicks.

Losing a child is a HORRIBLE tragedy. When that story broke, Eddy Curry or any human being who lost a child has my deepest sympathy.

That said, Curry didn't take time out to get therapy or to do anything about it. He ATE himself out of shape BUT he sent LEON ROSE to be his attack dog because he wasn't playing.

Leon Rose POISONED the Donnie Walsh era. He THREATENED the Knicks that they wouldn't get his client, LEBRON JAMES if he didn't play Eddy Curry. Well the Knicks couldn't. He was horribly out of shape BUT he showed up to collect HIS MONEY.

The Knicks told Curry to sit out the final year of his contract with the Knicks. His last 3 seasons as a Knick were worse than JEROME JAMES!!

Lesson to be learned. Get help. The money is not worth it. WALK AWAY...

Lazy, dumb MFer wants sympathy for frittering it all away.

Cue up the violins and find me Delonte West and Antoine Walker while we are at it!

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I hope everything works put well for the guy, but hes the main reason i hate stupid athletes so much, and dont feel a bit of sympathy for him. To me hes the front man for dumb players such as mitch and dsj.

Curry made me realize that that guys who are so useless and dumb, you probably cant save them. Curry was so dumb and useless we had to hire anthony mason to baby sit him. You cant save these fools. Curry taught me that.

He was stupid and lazy, and this franchise wasted a lot of time and years on him, and years later were surrounded by similarly stupid dumb lazy players.

The bad things that happened to him didnt happen randomly, they happened because thats the kind of people he surrounded himself with.
    Yeah, just please spare me.

Duck Eddy Curry.