Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cena returning for Feb 28th Smackdown

Cena's return for the February 28th Smackdown is confirmed, and it is believed he is going to be starting a Wrestlemania program as it will be in Tampa where he has a large presence since he lives there. A few dirt sheets are also reporting he will have full creative control of his return as well.

I can't think of anyone to face Cena. AJ has nothing going on, maybe him.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I can't think of anyone to face Cena. AJ has nothing going on, maybe him.
    Has McIntire announced for Lesnar yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Has McIntire announced for Lesnar yet?
    Yes he has.

So far, with a little guesswork this is the card as of now.

Drew Mac vs Lesnar
    Roman vs Fiend
    Shayna vs Becky
    Charlotte vs Rhea
    Edge vs Orton
    KO vs Seth
    Corbin vs Goldberg
    Humberto vs Andrade (maybe include Rey here)
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

People are going to hate it when this happens but I can easily see Cena fighting either Goldberg or the Fiend for the WWE title

Cena is fast approaching 2013 Rock as far as his movie career is going, and has been quoted as saying he was wrong to criticize him and others who decided to work movies instead of wrestling. Cena just has one more title victory to beat Ric Flair, which could happen in what amounts to being Cena's "home town" at this point. If he has a hole in his schedule to work a month leading up to Wrestlemania and a few months after, one last title run could be in the cards.

People are going to hate it when this happens but I can easily see Cena fighting either Goldberg or the Fiend for the WWE title

Cena is fast approaching 2013 Rock as far as his movie career is going, and has been quoted as saying he was wrong to criticize him and others who decided to work movies instead of wrestling. Cena just has one more title victory to beat Ric Flair, which could happen in what amounts to being Cena's "home town" at this point. If he has a hole in his schedule to work a month leading up to Wrestlemania and a few months after, one last title run could be in the cards.
    I hope he would turn into 2003 Rock and go full blown Hollywood heel. But it won't happen ;/
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Cena vs Goldberg would be interesting, and I don't think they have ever faced each other. I don't know if Cena showing up on SD means he would face someone from that show, it would make sense though. If it was someone from SD the options would be Bryan, Reigns, Strowman or Lars Sullivan. I don't know when Sullivan is supposed to come back, but they were rumored to face each other before, so it would make some sense and a way to bring him back if he was ready. I don't see the other three being realistic.

If it's someone from Raw you have Styles, Black, Orton, Mysterio, Joe and Rollins. Mysterio was talked about a few years ago, so that would make some sense. Styles and Orton have been done to death. Black would be interesting, but I don't see it. Rollins would make some sense. Cena could say Rollins has failed being a locker room leader since he left.

Other options could be:

HHH-I don't want to see him face HHH, but I'm sure he is going to have a mania match, and that would be easy to set up.

Taker- Cena could say he wanted a rematch. I don't see it happening, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Goldberg- I doubt it happens, but I could see it being a possibility

Cole- This is probably the one I would want to see the most. Cole could show up to make a name for himself and to tell Cena he should be done and let the new guard take over. Cole gets the big stage at mania and goes over.

According to Meltzer, the feud will be with Elias. Perhaps a full return of the Doctor of Thuganomics gimmick?

Interesting. But likely meaning another unnecessary heel turn for Elias.

According to Meltzer, the feud will be with Elias. Perhaps a full return of the Doctor of Thuganomics gimmick?
    Wait didnít some here laugh at me when he came out last yr at WM 35 as the Doctor of Thuganomics. Because I recall thinking if he had one more WWE title run that character would be it.
    Last edited by BSF101; 02-19-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Hereís one no ones mentioned Cena vs MVP? Wouldnít mind seeing Cena vs Riddle

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Wait didnít some here laugh at me when he came out last yr at WM 35 as the Doctor of Thuganomics. Because I recall thinking if he had one more WWE title run that character would be it.
    Yeah its going to be one of those things where Elias turns heel again. Ugh. They misuse Elias terribly imo. The dude has the promo skills and the entertainment value to be a world champion imo. I know he's limited in the ring but he gets reactions.

I don't like the idea of another short match where Elias sings a song and gets squashed. How about turning Cena heel? Why not at this point? He's gone right after WrestleMania anyways.

Its going to be one of those things where Cena is protected because its short and he doesn't have to worry about any injuries impacting his movie career.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah its going to be one of those things where Elias turns heel again. Ugh. They misuse Elias terribly imo. The dude has the promo skills and the entertainment value to be a world champion imo. I know he's limited in the ring but he gets reactions.

I don't like the idea of another short match where Elias sings a song and gets squashed. How about turning Cena heel? Why not at this point? He's gone right after WrestleMania anyways.

Its going to be one of those things where Cena is protected because its short and he doesn't have to worry about any injuries impacting his movie career.
    I just remember getting all excited when he came out last yr like 2004 Cena Thinking he was back full time and most here thought I was nuts lol. Of course no one knows How heíll comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I just remember getting all excited when he came out last yr like 2004 Cena Thinking he was back full time and most here thought I was nuts lol. Of course no one knows How heíll comeback.
    Thuganomics Cena is my favorite Cena. Dude threw some amazing verbal jabs back in the day. To me, though this is a chance to turn Cena and maybe even let Elias go clean over him. Considering Cena won't be back until at least Summerslam (and even that's unlikely, more like next WrestleMania) then he should putting over the current group of guys. I'm even okay with it without a heel turn, just let Elias go over.

I know its Vince's call but if Cena said something, I'm sure Vince would acquiesce.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Thuganomics Cena is my favorite Cena. Dude threw some amazing verbal jabs back in the day. To me, though this is a chance to turn Cena and maybe even let Elias go clean over him. Considering Cena won't be back until at least Summerslam (and even that's unlikely, more like next WrestleMania) then he should putting over the current group of guys. I'm even okay with it without a heel turn, just let Elias go over.

I know its Vince's call but if Cena said something, I'm sure Vince would acquiesce.
    the thing is to cenas credit he has been putting over people for how many years now? he still loves wrestling and i feel like he deserves to come in and dominate... Id love for him to put over elias as well or for that matter anyone to help elias because the dude has the fans but the wwe doesnt have a clue