Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cameron Maybin Back

Actually, this is a pretty good signing for us. Maybin is a good dude who keeps the clubhouse lite and would be a great mentor for Reyes and Stewart. He can play all over the outfield and doesn't need to be a starter. He will definitely help our OF defense when needed by subbing in for Stewart. An outfield of Reyes (RF), Jones (CF), and Maybin (LF) would be great defensively. I think he's a definite positive.

I would love for him to work with Reyes, Harold Castro, and Willie Castro on the art of stealing bases and Stewart on the art of playing the outfield. I like the signing. I can do without Demeritte on the roster for this guy.

I'm fine with the signing. The OF needs help anyway.

third time's the charm

I was just catching up on Maybin and came across an article about him getting a DUI and released from the Padres. Never even heard of this? He still seems to be a good clubhouse guy and could help the young kids. I am surprised about the release. Wonder if there was more to that story. Still glad he signed, although I don't like the Tigers saying he's the starting RF already. I see Maybin as the 4th outfielder backing up all three spots. This sucks for Reyes who had a very good year last year. Hell, he was our top hitter. Don't like the give me to Maybin already.

Maybin is one of my fav players ever for some reason. glad he's back

his 2nd game where he hit a HR off of Clemons is one of my favorite baseball memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    his 2nd game where he hit a HR off of Clemons is one of my favorite baseball memories.
    that was awesome

I keep seeing Maybin mentioned as the starter over Reyes and I am really not liking that idea. Reyes was our best hitter last year and should be close again this year with hopefully more base stealing. I don't want Maybin stealing time from him. I wouldn't mind Maybin taking time from Stewart and Jones though. Stewart is floundering this spring so far and his defense is crap so let's put Maybin or Stokes out there in LF.

Yeah Stewart seems like a bust

Had high hopes for Stewarts bat. Just seems like he doesn't know what he's doing up there anymore.