Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cameron Maybin Back

Actually, this is a pretty good signing for us. Maybin is a good dude who keeps the clubhouse lite and would be a great mentor for Reyes and Stewart. He can play all over the outfield and doesn't need to be a starter. He will definitely help our OF defense when needed by subbing in for Stewart. An outfield of Reyes (RF), Jones (CF), and Maybin (LF) would be great defensively. I think he's a definite positive.

I would love for him to work with Reyes, Harold Castro, and Willie Castro on the art of stealing bases and Stewart on the art of playing the outfield. I like the signing. I can do without Demeritte on the roster for this guy.

I'm fine with the signing. The OF needs help anyway.

third time's the charm

I was just catching up on Maybin and came across an article about him getting a DUI and released from the Padres. Never even heard of this? He still seems to be a good clubhouse guy and could help the young kids. I am surprised about the release. Wonder if there was more to that story. Still glad he signed, although I don't like the Tigers saying he's the starting RF already. I see Maybin as the 4th outfielder backing up all three spots. This sucks for Reyes who had a very good year last year. Hell, he was our top hitter. Don't like the give me to Maybin already.