Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Whatever time that was taken, he is absolutely a clown, picture notwithstanding. And Spree is absolutely one of the biggest clowns of all time. So maybe he's teaching him that you don't need to be a clown on the court, just off it? I'm going to get flak for this, but Spree is a mess and is part of Jim Dolan's "which broke ex player can i bribe back into my corner to buy some goodwill" club. I mean seriously Spree has got to be the worst role models on the planet.

I have never seen such poor body language on the court. And why does he just look so herky jerky out there, he is perpetually on the precipice of a turnover. Honestly sick watching him last night. And I'm seeing posters say bring him back in the second half? Like wow. Glad Frank got those minutes instead. Just give him a season ending injury, send around some highlight dunk videos and hope someone takes him off our hands for all that untapped potential. Absolute disgrace
    What's your issue with Sprewell?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Funny last night my GF asked me who that guy was they were showing. Had to tell her he was a former Knick known for choking his coach and turning down $21m b/c he had a family to feed and ironically never got a contract like that again and went bankrupt...lol

obviously great player on the court though.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Funny last night my GF asked me who that guy was they were showing. Had to tell her he was a former Knick known for choking his coach and turning down $21m b/c he had a family to feed and ironically never got a contract like that again and went bankrupt...lol

obviously great player on the court though.
    To be fair pj carlesimo was a douche bag and deserved to be choked.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

"i gotta feed my family" will never forget that
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 02-13-2020 at 06:07 PM.

when I talk garbage time it's not about development that's silly, it's hey I dressed, I warmed up, I shot at half time, how about throw me a bone and let me play in front of the fans for 3-4 minutes, and earn that shower.

I'm sorry but where have you not seen end of bench players not get into the game, even Pop does it. It's just a courtesy and for vets that don't play like Lee they are left on the bench out of respect.

And this is really not about last night, it's a few games Iggy and Allen just sat there and could have gotten onto the court, I know I'd like even end of game doesn't mean anything burn rather than just sitting and going into the lockerrroom and never see the court.

Not a big deal, just a bit shocking each time I see the starters finishing games yet not even playing, the score just goes up 10 points in seconds, if they gave up, take them out

That's it nothing urgent or breath taking lol........

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The player, nothing. The person, there's a list.
    Choking head coach because he was not in a mood to be criticized for the quality of his passes. Suspended, contract voided and ofcourse then lands in NY. Strangled a lady friend on his yacht, the yacht was later repossessed. Just being generally stupid in all facets of life and going bankrupt after earning nearly $100mln through his career. He def has more than one family. There was a drunk driving or reckless driving issue somewhere in there. I'm leaving stuff out.

But I also hate this latest chapter. Where he's back to the Garden so Dolan can shake of that Oakley stank and the whole turning his back on former players yada yada. Dolan thinks that picking a few gutter pieces like Spree changes that.

Maybe I'm being too harsh and he's reformed and in a position to warn people of these pitfalls. But I don't think I am, I think a few of these (strangling of his lady friend) are automatic disqualifiers for him being around the guys as some role model.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    when I talk garbage time it's not about development that's silly, it's hey I dressed, I warmed up, I shot at half time, how about throw me a bone and let me play in front of the fans for 3-4 minutes, and earn that shower.

I'm sorry but where have you not seen end of bench players not get into the game, even Pop does it. It's just a courtesy and for vets that don't play like Lee they are left on the bench out of respect.

And this is really not about last night, it's a few games Iggy and Allen just sat there and could have gotten onto the court, I know I'd like even end of game doesn't mean anything burn rather than just sitting and going into the lockerrroom and never see the court.

Not a big deal, just a bit shocking each time I see the starters finishing games yet not even playing, the score just goes up 10 points in seconds, if they gave up, take them out

That's it nothing urgent or breath taking lol........
    But that's my point. Knox, Frank aren't end of the bench players. If Iggy was there, throw him in sure. Mostly it just doesn't matter. Even Kadeem I get.
    But lets not pretend its hurting anyone's development not playing those last few mins of garbage time. No Iggy and I dont think we're developing kadeem Allen.

The player, nothing. The person, there's a list.
    Choking head coach because he was not in a mood to be criticized for the quality of his passes. Suspended, contract voided and ofcourse then lands in NY. Strangled a lady friend on his yacht, the yacht was later repossessed. Just being generally stupid in all facets of life and going bankrupt after earning nearly $100mln through his career. He def has more than one family. There was a drunk driving or reckless driving issue somewhere in there. I'm leaving stuff out.

But I also hate this latest chapter. Where he's back to the Garden so Dolan can shake of that Oakley stank and the whole turning his back on former players yada yada. Dolan thinks that picking a few gutter pieces like Spree changes that.

Maybe I'm being too harsh and he's reformed and in a position to warn people of these pitfalls. But I don't think I am, I think a few of these (strangling of his lady friend) are automatic disqualifiers for him being around the guys as some role model.
    hey give the guy a break, uncle sam took half of his 97m, okay?

hey give the guy a break, uncle sam took half of his 97m, okay?
    Lol I dont know why that pic got me heated. Just those two together must've really brought the collective IQ of the place down.

But that's my point. Knox, Frank aren't end of the bench players. If Iggy was there, throw him in sure. Mostly it just doesn't matter. Even Kadeem I get.
    But lets not pretend its hurting anyone's development not playing those last few mins of garbage time. No Iggy and I dont think we're developing kadeem Allen.
    again nothing to do with development just getting guys in the game if they never got in ,and it's happened multiple times now.

And Spree was accused of swinging at a guest on his yacht and missing, he denied it and only the post reported it that way, no other news outlet reported that incident, and no charges were ever brought up.

But the choking, and he did have fight with another teammate, and I do recall a 2x4 then threatened to bring a gun?

Not a role model except to teach how not to be him.

Loved him on the court though perfect for us at the time. Kind of why I was soured on KP as well, first the woman with forced sex allegedly and then pushing that girl just trying to talk him......Great player on the court though...

again nothing to do with development just getting guys in the game if they never got in ,and it's happened multiple times now.

And Spree was accused of swinging at a guest on his yacht and missing, he denied it and only the post reported it that way, no other news outlet reported that incident, and no charges were ever brought up.

But the choking, and he did have fight with another teammate, and I do recall a 2x4 then threatened to bring a gun?

Not a role model except to teach how not to be him.

Loved him on the court though perfect for us at the time. Kind of why I was soured on KP as well, first the woman with forced sex allegedly and then pushing that girl just trying to talk him......Great player on the court though...
    OK that's a different point. Your posts w/ Ewing were specifically about Knox, so seems the points are conflated. Maybe I just don't understand you half the time lol.

Also def don't want to get into a back and forth about Spree, but that's not how I remember the yacht incident. Saying there was no charges/convictions doesn't really mean anything, most of these cases don't have that. I'll look for something

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...e31-story.html

https://onmilwaukee.com/buzz/article...estigated.html

History is not kind - And his previous violent streak doesn't help the impression I'm sure most were left with after this.

In the Milwaukee Police Report, the girl DID verbalize that she gave "consent." Problem, Spree is unaware that twenty-something girls are always looking for a lawsuit.

As for PJ Carlesimo, he didn't deserve to be choked. No one does. All PJ did was bark when Spree was doggin' it in practice.

Spree choke PJ during practice!!! Practice? I mean, let me give an Allen Iverson Practice?!?! But heated stuff during practice happens a lot in sports.

NO. People forget Spree walked away (after being separated) came BACK 20 min later and then ASSAULTED PJ.

THAT'S what ended his career in Golden State.

PJ Carlesimo was given a team where Tim Hardaway Jr was in Miami, Chris Mullins was sent to Indiana, Mitch Richmond to the Kings, and Chris Webber to the Washington Wizards. They decimated that team.

Basically PJ was trying to run a point-forward with Spree. Bottom line, you can't win when Clarence Weatherspoon is your second best player.

Knox needs more minutes with a good PG. Bullock has been pretty bad the last 8 games so I'm not sure why we can't have a longer look at Knox. I argue and defend Miller but when guys like Bully, Harkless, Eli, and DSjr are getting minutes over him at this point in the season, I scratch my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knox needs more minutes with a good PG. Bullock has been pretty bad the last 8 games so I'm not sure why we can't have a longer look at Knox. I argue and defend Miller but when guys like Bully, Harkless, Eli, and DSjr are getting minutes over him at this point in the season, I scratch my head.
    They will probably start force feeding him more mins down the stretch. It about the time of year where young guys that havenít earned mins start getting them more on bad teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast