Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 231
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011

    NBA Playoff Race Thread

    With the playoff race being so tight in both conferences I figured this might be a fun thread that might spark some discussion. I’m going to give you each team from each conference with their current seed as of 2/12 with their record how many games back from 1st and remaining SOS (1st being hardest and 30th being easiest) and we’ll see how things look.

    Eastern Conference:

    1. Bucks: 46-7 (0.0/4)
    2. Raptors: 40-14 (6.5/8)
    3. Celtics: 37-16 (9.0/10)
    4. Heat: 35-18 (11.0/25)
    5. Philly: 34-21 (13.0/28)
    6. Pacers: 31-23 (15.5/13)
    7. Nets: 24-28 (21.5/16)
    8. Magic: 23-31 (23.5/27)
    9. Wizards: 19-33 (26.5/6)
    10. Bulls: 19-36 (28.0/7)
    11. Pistons: 19-37 (28.5/2)
    12. Hornets: 17-36 (29.0/12)
    13. Knicks: 17-37 (29.5/21)
    14. Hawks: 15-40 (32.0/29)
    15. Cavs: 13-40 (33.0/17)

    Western Conference:

    1. Lakers: 40-12 (0.0/18)
    2. Nuggets: 38-16 (3.0/5)
    3. Clippers: 37-17 (4.0/23)
    4. Jazz: 35-18 (5.5/15)
    5. Rockets: 34-20 (7.0/24)
    6. Thunder: 32-22 (9.0/14)
    7. Mavs: 32-22 (9.0/19)
    8. Grizzlies: 27-26 (13.5/1)
    9. Blazers: 25-30 (16.5/26)
    10. Spurs: 23-31 (18.0/22)
    11. Pelicans: 23-31 (18.0/30)
    12. Kings: 21-32 (19.5/20)
    13. Suns: 21-33 (20.0/11)
    14. Wolves: 16-36 (24.0/9)
    15. Warriors: 12-42 (29.0/3)
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011
    I think it’s safe to say in the East 11-15 are out of the playoff race and in the West 12-15 are out.

    In the East Washington and Chicago are right there to take the 8th seed from the Magic but the Magic have a far easier schedule than them.

    In the West the 8th seed is right there for the taking with the Grizzlies having them hardest schedule with the Blazers Spurs and especially the Pelicans having far easier schedule. I would love to see the Blazers and Pelicans in the playoffs but unfortunately it looks like at least one of them will miss. Lakers vs Blazers or the Pelicans when you factor in the AD trade and Zion being “the next LeBron” would be a very fun 1st round matchup. Dame is my favorite player but I think I’m leaning towards hoping the Pelicans get the 8th seed.

    At the top of the East Miami has a far easier schedule than the Raptors and Celtics so I’m hoping they can get the 2nd seed or 3rd at worst to avoid the Bucks until the ECF are if all breaks right they can have an ECF matchup against the Sixers who will be hurt by the zone. Miami owns the tiebreaker against the Raptors Sixers Pacers Bucks right now but the Bucks are for sure getting the 1st seed.

    In the west the 1st seed is still up for grabs. If the Lakers go on another losing streak the Clippers Nuggets and evening the Jazz if they get hot again could jump them in the standings.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,341
    Where did you get your SOS info from sir? Some of it seems a bit off, just at a glance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Where did you get your SOS info from sir? Some of it seems a bit off, just at a glance.
    Tankathon, ranked 1-30 from hardest to easiest schedule and based on opponent win %. Check it out and if I’m wrong I’ll go back and edit but I think I got it all right
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Where did you get your SOS info from sir? Some of it seems a bit off, just at a glance.
    http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Tankathon, ranked 1-30 from hardest to easiest schedule and based on opponent win %. Check it out and if I’m wrong I’ll go back and edit but I think I got it all right
    I will after work, I don't mean you transposed anything. I just mean if they're strictly basing it on win% seems off. But I'll look at it and compare it to a couple others and see what it says.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,296
    Looking at the current seedings, and I just think the first round of the playoffs in the West should be an absolute blast. Houston vs. Utah Part III—those teams just absolutely hate each other. Chris Paul and OKC versus his former team in the Clippers. And two of the most fun offensive teams to watch in Dallas vs. Denver.

    The one thing we need to happen is Zion and the Pelicans to sneak in as the 8th seed. I think it's unlikely, but I so hope it happens for Zion vs. Lebron. The other possible 8 seeds are just boring to me. We know what the Blazers and Spurs are, and they'll both get slaughtered. And Memphis just doesn't excite me (although I'm sure Morant would give us some solid highlights).

    Whatever the 3-6 seeds end up being in the East, those matchups should all be fun. But obviously the 1/8 and 2/7 matchups look like duds on paper.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    I actually want a Raptors/Nets playoff series in the 1st round

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,296
    Homer take alert!!!

    I still think there's a chance the Rockets climb a spot or two in the West. The rest of their schedule is super soft, they only have two back-to-backs the rest of the way (when Westbrook will likely sit) and they've looked damn good for the most part since they went small ball and acquired Covington. In the three games they've played since the Capela trade and been at full strength (not including the hideous Phoenix loss as it was without Westbrook on the second night of a road back-to-back), they've beaten LA and Boston by double digits and lost to Utah on a last-second buzzer beater.

    Also, last night was the first time in a while I'd seen both Harden and Westbrook play well at the same time. With Westbrook still on fire and Harden playing a hell of a lot better in February than he did in January, they could be peaking at the right time.

    Another thing that jumps out at me looking at the remaining strength of schedule is how easy Miami and Philly's schedules are—both among the six easiest in the league—compared to Toronto and Boston—two of the 10 hardest. Could one or both of them catch up and grab the 2 or 3 spot?


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I will after work, I don't mean you transposed anything. I just mean if they're strictly basing it on win% seems off. But I'll look at it and compare it to a couple others and see what it says.
    Sounds good, just let me know and I’ll update if I need to
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Looking at the current seedings, and I just think the first round of the playoffs in the West should be an absolute blast. Houston vs. Utah Part III—those teams just absolutely hate each other. Chris Paul and OKC versus his former team in the Clippers. And two of the most fun offensive teams to watch in Dallas vs. Denver.

    The one thing we need to happen is Zion and the Pelicans to sneak in as the 8th seed. I think it's unlikely, but I so hope it happens for Zion vs. Lebron. The other possible 8 seeds are just boring to me. We know what the Blazers and Spurs are, and they'll both get slaughtered. And Memphis just doesn't excite me (although I'm sure Morant would give us some solid highlights).

    Whatever the 3-6 seeds end up being in the East, those matchups should all be fun. But obviously the 1/8 and 2/7 matchups look like duds on paper.
    I’m hoping the Pelicans get in too, that would be a great 1 vs 8 series. Call me crazy but I’m actually going to pick the Pelicans to upset and win the series for the first time in a long time. Think it might’ve been the Mavs or Spurs as the last 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed. I just think the Pelicans have the right amount of offense and defense to really make the Lakers struggle, especially the role player. Then you have Zion back who makes them a completely different team and his impact on the game is already up near the best in the short time we’ve seen him.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Homer take alert!!!

    I still think there's a chance the Rockets climb a spot or two in the West. The rest of their schedule is super soft, they only have two back-to-backs the rest of the way (when Westbrook will likely sit) and they've looked damn good for the most part since they went small ball and acquired Covington. In the three games they've played since the Capela trade and been at full strength (not including the hideous Phoenix loss as it was without Westbrook on the second night of a road back-to-back), they've beaten LA and Boston by double digits and lost to Utah on a last-second buzzer beater.

    Also, last night was the first time in a while I'd seen both Harden and Westbrook play well at the same time. With Westbrook still on fire and Harden playing a hell of a lot better in February than he did in January, they could be peaking at the right time.

    Another thing that jumps out at me looking at the remaining strength of schedule is how easy Miami and Philly's schedules are—both among the six easiest in the league—compared to Toronto and Boston—two of the 10 hardest. Could one or both of them catch up and grab the 2 or 3 spot?
    I’m thinking and obviously hoping the Heat get the 3rd seed, possibly 2nd seed but I think it’s a stretch. They’ve shot themselves in the foot with some terrible losses lately but adding Iggy and Crowder could offset that. They play Boston 2 more times and the Raptors once so those games will be huge in determining the standings, they already own the tiebreaker over the Raptors and if they win these next 2 against Boston they’ll be 2-2 against them (not sure how they determine that tiebreaker)
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    I mean if Raptors finish 2nd in the East then they end up facing the Nets and if a healthy Kyrie comes back then it becomes a series to watch

    But for me bein a Celtics fan I want us to face the Pacers again in the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row 3 vs 6

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    I actually want to see the Pelicans sneak into that 8th spot mainly because I want to see Zion vs LeBron in the playoffs mainly for ratings but also because it would be must watch because of the storylines of Lonzo, Ingram and Hart facing off against their former team especially in the playoffs

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,390
    Well, based on the SOS, I can see why some people were talking about the Pelicans possibly sneaking into the playoffs
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.


    I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •