Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    there is already an easy cure.... everyone in the world just stay in for 2-3 weeks and stay away from each other... disease go byebye.
    But, but, my rights! I can go outside if I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    But, but, my rights! I can go outside if I want!

dumb stance. both of u

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

simply denying reality is a symptom of derangement
    Well, at least there’s still a hint of self-awareness.

4. 05-15-2020, 02:58 AM
    Reason
    insults - Rush

Not playoff related, but not much going on right now and there's no random NBA discussion thread

https://twitter.com/TomerAzarly/stat...415360008?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Even if trump is relaying the message. It could be fake news who knows but https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-deat...160619592.html. This is the same guy that said face mask wont help. As of today USA have seen the most deaths from the Virus.
    I hate to be political but USA does not have the most deaths from the virus from a percentage perspective. You're comparing a country with 330+ million people (MINIMUM... there are illegals that are not accounted for) compared to much smaller countries around the world. Nevermind the fact that China clearly fabricates its numbers and India does not have the proper infrastructure to conduct testing and deaths considering the overwhelming population of Indian residents is living in rural situations.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I hate to be political but USA does not have the most deaths from the virus from a percentage perspective. You're comparing a country with 330+ million people (MINIMUM... there are illegals that are not accounted for) compared to much smaller countries around the world. Nevermind the fact that China clearly fabricates its numbers and India does not have the proper infrastructure to conduct testing and deaths considering the overwhelming population of Indian residents is living in rural situations.
    Agreed. As a whole, the US is sort of in the middle of the pack. Not the best, but far from the worst in comparison to other countries on a percentage basis.

Also, the US is stupid when it comes to classifying a death due to covid-19. They don't even need to be tested positive to count in the total. Even worse, hospitals have a financial incentive to label a death due to covid-19. They get tons of money from the government... This isn't on doctors/hospitals though. They fought/are fighting to stay open and need the funds. Keep funding them, we just need a better way to count fatalities related to covid-19.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Not playoff related, but not much going on right now and there's no random NBA discussion thread

https://twitter.com/TomerAzarly/stat...415360008?s=09
    Looks like Sterling hates Blacks and Whites equally.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Looks like Sterling hates Blacks and Whites equally.
    in his own words, look at those beautiful black bodies. I think the white folk from get out were based on dts

So, I barely follow the NBA anymore, but if I do I've been a Blazer fan forever....and Lillard just made a point I hadn't really thought about that makes perfect sense.

If you're on a team that has no shot at the playoffs at this point, what exactly is your incentive to take the risk to play? At this point, for both the NBA and NHL, you may have some pre-playoff games, but the only teams that need to be playing are ones with a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. The NHL is looking at expanding a playoff situation to 24 teams....the NBA should do the same (i.e. Dame mentioned there'd been talk of basically a play-in tournament for the 7-12 seeds). I could see just ending the season for lottery teams.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So, I barely follow the NBA anymore, but if I do I've been a Blazer fan forever....and Lillard just made a point I hadn't really thought about that makes perfect sense.

If you're on a team that has no shot at the playoffs at this point, what exactly is your incentive to take the risk to play? At this point, for both the NBA and NHL, you may have some pre-playoff games, but the only teams that need to be playing are ones with a legitimate shot to make the playoffs. The NHL is looking at expanding a playoff situation to 24 teams....the NBA should do the same (i.e. Dame mentioned there'd been talk of basically a play-in tournament for the 7-12 seeds). I could see just ending the season for lottery teams.
    Supposedly there is a clause in TV contracts that require at least 70 game regular seasons. So I think the incentive for Lillard and others to play would be to keep alive the TV contracts that drive revenue and therefore player salaries up. I would think if all the good players like Lillard refused to play the TV networks could argue that the game being played weren't in good faith and withhold money.

So I think the incentive for Lillard to play would be out of respect for other players who don't yet have their max contract extensions and stand to lose tens of millions of dollars if the cap drops as a result of players like him not playing in the games.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Supposedly there is a clause in TV contracts that require at least 70 game regular seasons. So I think the incentive for Lillard and others to play would be to keep alive the TV contracts that drive revenue and therefore player salaries up. I would think if all the good players like Lillard refused to play the TV networks could argue that the game being played weren't in good faith and withhold money.

So I think the incentive for Lillard to play would be out of respect for other players who don't yet have their max contract extensions and stand to lose tens of millions of dollars if the cap drops as a result of players like him not playing in the games.
    they've all played 60 plus games....so do those contracts say all teams play 70? what if most did?

they've all played 60 plus games....so do those contracts say all teams play 70? what if most did?
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...13132_31879307

Apparently it's what the regional channels are promised. So I think it would have to be each team since they have their own regional rights.

So if Lillard just decides to not play because he doesn't see a point, I think it's conceivable that the POR regional station could possibly have legal recourse to argue that the star player just refusing to play isn't performing the contract in good faith.

Lillard is implying that he'll go to the games and watch his teammates but he won't play. So they have to make the sacrifice to play so his $40M contract can be supported with the revenue money? Every year teams are eliminated from playoffs before their last game and have to play out the schedule so they can make the revenue. There's a reason they don't just cancel all games between teams that are both eliminated from the playoffs. It produces money that helps all of the players and teams. I think it'd be very selfish of Lillard to so deliberately and defiantly refuse to do his part to help the rest of the league's players.

it'd be interesting for sure....other years don't involve taking health risks that could be spread to family

it'd be interesting for sure....other years don't involve taking health risks that could be spread to family
    That's a very valid concern. But Lillard was pretty adamant that it was about the playoffs. He complained that POR should get the chance to play their way in tournament style because now that they're healthy they are a better team.

Personally, I think it's unfair to do a play in style. Grizzlies are 3.5 games up on POR/NO for example. If you just went to a play in, I don't think it's fair to MEM. They've worked all season to build a lead and instead of giving them the great odds that come with that you're going to re-set the odds and put them on even footing with POR or NO? To me that's very unfair.

Lillard complained that now with Nurkic back they are better than they were so they deserve a shot to show it. GS was without Curry/Klay all year. If those guys are back playing does GS with the worst record league get to play their way in?

I'd have total respect if a player argued that for teams that aren't going to make the playoffs the medical risk isn't worth it. If the TV deals can be sorted out I'm actually of the opinion that we should just call the standings as they are and only do playoffs for that reason. But Lillard was quite clear about why he didn't want to play and to me he was just being selfish and whiny.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast