Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What, you're not impressed by Bobby Sura, David Wesley, Luther Head, Rafer Alston, Juwan Howard and Chuck Hayes? Ugh, every time I look at the rosters around Yao and T-Mac before Morey got hired, it makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. It's a freaking travesty that Morey came on the last season of the Yao, T-Mac era. He added more talent to that team in one offseason than they'd had in the four seasons together prior.
    Bob Sura was cool as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Looking at the top half of the Western Conference playoff picture, the next week is going to be huge for those 2-4 seeds.

Two games separate Denver, the Clippers and Houston. Denver plays LA on Friday with a one-game lead, and they've already beaten the Cilppers once with two more games to play, so they have an edge on the tiebreaker. Then the Clippers play Houston next Thursday. They have a one-game lead over Houston, but this game decides that tiebreaker as Houston has a 2-1 edge in the season series.

I feel pretty confident that, barring a major injury or surprise, those three teams will be 2-4 in some order. But it's really anyone's guess as to what that order ends up being. Although Denver's in the lead, their remaining strength of schedule is easily the hardest of the three teams. And LA's probably the most stacked on paper, but will load management catch up with them?

Looking at the top half of the Western Conference playoff picture, the next week is going to be huge for those 2-4 seeds.

Two games separate Denver, the Clippers and Houston. Denver plays LA on Friday with a one-game lead, and they've already beaten the Cilppers once with two more games to play, so they have an edge on the tiebreaker. Then the Clippers play Houston next Thursday. They have a one-game lead over Houston, but this game decides that tiebreaker as Houston has a 2-1 edge in the season series.

I feel pretty confident that, barring a major injury or surprise, those three teams will be 2-4 in some order. But it's really anyone's guess as to what that order ends up being. Although Denver's in the lead, their remaining strength of schedule is easily the hardest of the three teams. And LA's probably the most stacked on paper, but will load management catch up with them?
    LA is the most stacked.
    Houston is the most consistent.
    Denver plays good teams better than the bad teams and are finally healthy.

The seeding doesnt mean to much. I would love to avoid playing Utah even though they are playing bad. And definitely prefer playing the Mavs followed by OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Bob Sura was cool as hell
    He was vital as **** too, team was sub .500 without him. Back when you actually needed PG's to initiate the offense to free up teammates, he helped Tmac and Yao get to their spots. Tough as nails too. Its a shame that was his last good year.

He also really helped my Clips out when he was dumped onto that Atlanta team in the Sheed trade. He played like a madman for them(nearly the first in 7 years to record 3 straight triple doubles at the time) and really won them too many games down the stretch when the team was trying to tank. Left them with a similar record to my Clips and we got the #2 pick cuz of him.
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-27-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Only with a LOT more talent surrounding them.
    True, theyre certainly paying guys like theyre more talented. Those Rockets fell off a cliff when Tmac wasn't healthy. By the time they had a team that could compete without them, they were shells of their former selves and/or injured.

What, you're not impressed by Bobby Sura, David Wesley, Luther Head, Rafer Alston, Juwan Howard and Chuck Hayes? Ugh, every time I look at the rosters around Yao and T-Mac before Morey got hired, it makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. It's a freaking travesty that Morey came on the last season of the Yao, T-Mac era. He added more talent to that team in one offseason than they'd had in the four seasons together prior.
    I actually thought he did the best he could in his situation, he wasn't the drafting wizard, asset collector Morey has been but wasn't Carrol Dawson up for exec of the year at one point? I dont remember too much but he made some quick adjustments when the team was struggling in year 1 of the pairing. The Tmac trade was a heist but their books weren't that clean from there on. The injuries really hastened their timeline but yeah Morey didn't need much time, especially back then when he had the leg up on some quant stuff, to build a championship caliber supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He was vital as **** too, team was sub .500 without him. Back when you actually needed PG's to initiate the offense to free up teammates, he helped Tmac and Yao get to their spots. Tough as nails too. Its a shame that was his last good year.

He also really helped my Clips out when he was dumped onto that Atlanta team in the Sheed trade. He played like a madman for them(nearly the first in 7 years to record 3 straight triple doubles at the time) and really won them too many games down the stretch when the team was trying to tank. Left them with a similar record to my Clips and we got the #2 pick cuz of him.
    I remember Sura (may be just my stupid middle school memory) always killing my Deacs when he was at Florida State. Man I miss those days of college basketball.

Rippin' lips son!!

Heat vs Pacers would be a great matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I remember Sura (may be just my stupid middle school memory) always killing my Deacs when he was at Florida State. Man I miss those days of college basketball.
    Bob killed in the ACC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Heat vs Pacers would be a great matchup.
    Weve screwed ourselves so now our ceiling is the 4 seed, wed need to Pacers to jump the Sixers which is definitely possible
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Who wants the privilege of getting smacked by the Bucks in the 1st round? It looks like no one. My vote is just give em a first round bye lol

Should the Clips and the Nuggets be looking to avoid Dallas in round 1? I would be

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Should the Clips and the Nuggets be looking to avoid Dallas in round 1? I would be

the clips? lmfao. lololololol. that's the matchup Dallas fans don't want. Nuggets scare me alil more matchup wise since their best player plays the position we're weakest defensively and idk if doc trusts zubac (thx Lakers) but still not scary. I just want to avoid Houston and cp3 on his revenge tour

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Who wants the privilege of getting smacked by the Bucks in the 1st round? It looks like no one. My vote is just give em a first round bye lol
    you'd rather play than take time off. this ain't football

you'd rather play than take time off. this ain't football
    Haha ik just messing around man. But they'll most likely sweep whoever they play and wait while the 4/5 matchup goes at least 6, depending who the 2 teams are.

the clips? lmfao. lololololol. that's the matchup Dallas fans don't want. Nuggets scare me alil more matchup wise since their best player plays the position we're weakest defensively and idk if doc trusts zubac (thx Lakers) but still not scary. I just want to avoid Houston and cp3 on his revenge tour
    I just talking about first round. Sure the Clips or Nuggz would be a favorite against Dallas but I think they are a dangerous 7 seed. I could see them upsetting the Nuggets if that was the match up

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast