Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    different things? they were fighting lol. Rudolph ripped at Garretts head twisting and pulling. Then kicked and punched Garretts ding dong. THEN Garrett hit Rudolph. They both hit each other Garretts worse of course but people act as if Garrett shot Rudolph lol. Dude was not even hurt.

I'm not arguing Garretts suspension anymore. is what it is. Still crazy though Rudolph got zero games. zero. Finished that game and played the following weeks. crazy crazy.
    I'm not going to fight over who started it and who escalated it above a football skirmish, because we know where we both stand in that regard. But let's not make light of a player hitting another player in the head with a helmet. Players get CTE just from bumping helmets their entire careers, it's a little dishonest to act like you couldn't seriously hurt someone with a helmet. I've been beaned with a baseball to the head and not been hurt, that doesn't mean it's not dangerous and could cause serious issues.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

as was said in the original thread, had there not been players between Garrett and Rudolph that helmet swing could easily have resulted in significant head trauma for Rudolph and jail time for Garrett.....the fact that it didn't happen that way doesn't change the potential.........and again, it's not that Garrett's suspension should have been less, it's that Rudolph's should have been more
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What Rudolph got or didn't get is a completely different discussion from what Garrett got.....suspended for the season was EASILY justified by what he did and few in that thread disagreed. There's been no reason for players to be at team facilities just yet, hence my question about your 'about time' response.
    Well, for deflate-gate:

Not only is Brady not allowed to go to practices or team meetings during the four weeks when he’s suspended, but he’s not even allowed to have contact with coaches, or have a teammate over to his house to play catch.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told the Boston Herald that if Brady wanted Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski or any other Patriot to come over to his house and help him stay sharp, the NFL would prohibit it. Brady can’t “engage in any team football-related activities or discussions with teammates, even if away from the club facility.”

If Myles had wanted to watch the SB with some of his friends on the Browns, in theory, it wouldn't be allowed due to being a football-related activity. They could discuss plays and then he'd be associating with the team.

Once the Browns season was over, it should have been lifted.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm not going to fight over who started it and who escalated it above a football skirmish, because we know where we both stand in that regard. But let's not make light of a player hitting another player in the head with a helmet. Players get CTE just from bumping helmets their entire careers, it's a little dishonest to act like you couldn't seriously hurt someone with a helmet. I've been beaned with a baseball to the head and not been hurt, that doesn't mean it's not dangerous and could cause serious issues.
    You can't charge a person with murder if they didn't kill someone. If you charge a grown man its not gonna always end pretty. Both screwed up both should've been punished. That's my big thing here. Not even trying to argue for or against Garretts punishment.

But people calling for him to be ban from NFL or charged with assault… Grown the F up lol. That's so stupid.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    But it shouldn't be a different discussion because it was a punishment from an altercation involving the two of them. When Rudolph got off so light, Garrett should have only gotten a couple games.
    Rudolph's appeal hasn't even started yet based on what I had read when I made this thread. So he hasn't even been punished yet, and might not be at all.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Science says CTE comes from sub-concussion impacts, not concussions.

-Scott van Pelt

as was said in the original thread, had there not been players between Garrett and Rudolph that helmet swing could easily have resulted in significant head trauma for Rudolph and jail time for Garrett.....the fact that it didn't happen that way doesn't change the potential.........and again, it's not that Garrett's suspension should have been less, it's that Rudolph's should have been more
    I remember when a Browns fan ran onto the field and got slammed by Harrison of the steelers. I said the same thing. You charge at someone its not gonna end pretty lol.

Garretts punishment was fine. 6 games, hurt the team big time, lost 1.2 million. Character damage. That's good enough. Leave the guy alone. BOUT TO GO CHRIS CROCKER. lol
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I remember when a Browns fan ran onto the field and got slammed by Harrison of the steelers. I said the same thing. You charge at someone its not gonna end pretty lol.
    Good point. Can't tackle streakers because they might get CTE from it.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Well, for deflate-gate:

Not only is Brady not allowed to go to practices or team meetings during the four weeks when he’s suspended, but he’s not even allowed to have contact with coaches, or have a teammate over to his house to play catch.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told the Boston Herald that if Brady wanted Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski or any other Patriot to come over to his house and help him stay sharp, the NFL would prohibit it. Brady can’t “engage in any team football-related activities or discussions with teammates, even if away from the club facility.”

If Myles had wanted to watch the SB with some of his friends on the Browns, in theory, it wouldn't be allowed due to being a football-related activity. They could discuss plays and then he'd be associating with the team.

so your beef isn't that he shouldn't have been banned for the season, it's that he should've been able to go to a Super Bowl party with Nick Chubb?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Dont belive a word Myles says as to what happened. I believe facts and evidence not cries from the snowplow plow generation.

Science says CTE comes from sub-concussion impacts, not concussions.
    Regardless of what does or doesn't cause it, the NFL is supposedly all in on player safety. You can't have a moron bashing people with a helmet and acting like it's not a big deal. I mean, honestly, I think it's pretty unprecedented, has anyone else ever been struck with a helmet or other blunt object in a game in the last 100 years?

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

You guys are far from lawyers. Two people involved in the same altercation but doing different things IN that altercation are not going to get the same punishment. Rudolph didn't wield a deadly weapon and swing it with intent, being fortunate someone was inbetween to lessen the potential impact. Should Rudolph have gotten more? Certainly, but that does nothing to lessen what Garrett did.

And some of you now talking 2 games weren't saying that back then, either.
    No one said anything about the same punishment and no one said they did the same thing... You're jumping to a lot of conclusions here.

2 games is NOT the same as just paying a fine. There's a pretty big difference there. The difference is that most logical people felt that Rudolph did enough to warrant a suspension on his own accord... When he in fact wasn't suspended, it made the length of Garrett's suspension total ********.

Originally I wanted Garrett suspended for more than 2 games. But that was with the assumption that Rudolph would get a suspension as well and knowing that what Garrett did was worse, required a longer suspension than Rudolph.

Well, for deflate-gate:

Pretty ****ed up that a guy gets a 4 game suspension for letting air out of a football but another guy tries to break someone's neck and walks away with only a fine that he still hasn't paid lol

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    Dont belive a word Myles says as to what happened. I believe facts and evidence not cries from the snowplow plow generation.
    Fact is that Mason Rudolph follows or used to follow racists on social media.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-14-2020 at 03:18 AM.

I mean, honestly, I think it's pretty unprecedented, has anyone else ever been struck with a helmet or other blunt object in a game in the last 100 years?
    Yes, multiple times.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast