Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,301

    Let the kids play

    [PFT] The 2020 substance-abuse policy, subject to approval of new CBA, makes it clear: No player will ever be suspended again for positive drug tests



    Like... what about heroin though. Or morphine. Or not-weed. All players have to do coke now to get an edge before the game starts?
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    [PFT] The 2020 substance-abuse policy, subject to approval of new CBA, makes it clear: No player will ever be suspended again for positive drug tests



    Like... what about heroin though. Or morphine. Or not-weed. All players have to do coke now to get an edge before the game starts?
    They were doing Viagra prior to games as a loop hole before, allegedly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    [PFT] The 2020 substance-abuse policy, subject to approval of new CBA, makes it clear: No player will ever be suspended again for positive drug tests



    Like... what about heroin though. Or morphine. Or not-weed. All players have to do coke now to get an edge before the game starts?
    Can a drug test differentiate between morphine heroine or any other opiate? Aren't a lot of these players already taking opiates for pain? Aren't players shot up with demerol before games sometimes?

    Can't wait to get Josh Gordon back :P. Go Hawks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    10,957
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Can a drug test differentiate between morphine heroine or any other opiate? Aren't a lot of these players already taking opiates for pain? Aren't players shot up with demerol before games sometimes?

    Can't wait to get Josh Gordon back :P. Go Hawks.
    Weed is the least of Gordon's issues lol. I'm not sure if he will ever get clean. Great talent though.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,651
    Last edited by warfelg; 03-06-2020 at 11:36 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,301
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Unless you're stuffing the back of a van full of weed and crossing the border, it seems like there is little chance of being arrested.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Denver just became a top free agency destination again lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    From my understanding players would not get suspended for testing positive on a drug test but can still be fined and will still get suspended for drug arrests. So as long as they are just smoking at home or in a safe place and. It getting arrested for drug possession they will be fine (except for the fine).

    I personally love this new drug policy. I could care less of a player is doing drugs (in their home). If they can play I want them on the field.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    From my understanding players would not get suspended for testing positive on a drug test but can still be fined and will still get suspended for drug arrests. So as long as they are just smoking at home or in a safe place and. It getting arrested for drug possession they will be fine (except for the fine).

    I personally love this new drug policy. I could care less of a player is doing drugs (in their home). If they can play I want them on the field.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But like I said the issue is under the new policy, say a guy in Virginia (still illegal) got arrested, sure the NFL isnít going to do much more than fine him, but the state can press jail time as allowed. Vs a guy in Washington or Colorado who wouldnít be arrested for the same amount.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,943
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    But like I said the issue is under the new policy, say a guy in Virginia (still illegal) got arrested, sure the NFL isnít going to do much more than fine him, but the state can press jail time as allowed. Vs a guy in Washington or Colorado who wouldnít be arrested for the same amount.
    Iím generally on the players side of these negotiations but this is just whiny. The NFL canít control state laws. Why are they complaining about that in the context of the NFL CBA.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,667
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    But like I said the issue is under the new policy, say a guy in Virginia (still illegal) got arrested, sure the NFL isnít going to do much more than fine him, but the state can press jail time as allowed. Vs a guy in Washington or Colorado who wouldnít be arrested for the same amount.
    Marijuana possession is a disorderly persons in most states so legally itís the same as a player walking down the street and kicking a garbage can over or something like that .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,651
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Iím generally on the players side of these negotiations but this is just whiny. The NFL canít control state laws. Why are they complaining about that in the context of the NFL CBA.
    Because some players see it the as an advantage. Sure their employer might not care, but the law still does.

    My job is in a similar situation. My employer is based in Colorado so they don't test for weed, but if I got arrested for possession here in Virginia, I could still lose my job over the jail time it could result in. So I get their complaint.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    But like I said the issue is under the new policy, say a guy in Virginia (still illegal) got arrested, sure the NFL isnít going to do much more than fine him, but the state can press jail time as allowed. Vs a guy in Washington or Colorado who wouldnít be arrested for the same amount.
    No, I believe if he gets arrested heís still subject to being suspended. So youíre right that he still has to follow the law. Really the only thing that is changing is suspensions for a failed test.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    No, I believe if he gets arrested heís still subject to being suspended. So youíre right that he still has to follow the law. Really the only thing that is changing is suspensions for a failed test.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right, so in a state where it's not legal vs legal, the legal system could make a guy miss games vs a guy with the same amount in a state where it is legal.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Right, so in a state where it's not legal vs legal, the legal system could make a guy miss games vs a guy with the same amount in a state where it is legal.
    If KCP can get out on work release to play basketball games in California, I think your hypothetical is a bit much. These guys are millionaire celebrities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •