Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And I've said that if it would have came out during the post game interview, that would have given his accusations a lot more credibility. It certainly would have explained why someone was so angry that he tried to concuss (or worse) an opponent by violently swinging a helmet around.

Its not just that night. Its also a matter of not hearing any of the racial term being used until the hearing which conveniently coincides with the time that a punishment was being handed down. No, I don't think he did that but whats so difficult to derive? I'm sure the question was asked why Garrett did what he did and he answered in kind that he heard Rudolph using the N-word which infuriated him. If you can deduce, so can I.
    Ok Mr. Hindsight, we're talking in circles now.

You woulda felt better, if you were in the loop, night of and 95% of the other people would've seen it as an excuse, just as you do now.

The FOMO is real here.

Darned if ya do, darned if ya don't.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 02-17-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It would be pretty easy.... They're literally on top of each other lmao
    Ever been on the field at an NFL game? Still easy to mishear something.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ever been on the field at an NFL game? Still easy to mishear something.
    Have you? Lol....I think you're over exaggerating how loud it actually is.

Sure he could have misheard, but I don't believe it would be based on how loud the crowd is. Especially when they're right on top of each other

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Ok Mr. Hindsight, we're talking in circles now.

You woulda felt better, if you were in the loop, night of and 95% of the other people would've seen it as an excuse, just as you do now.

The FOMO is real here.

Darned if ya do, darned if ya don't.
    Again, that's your opinion and opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one. I'm not the only one who would have found Garrett's version of events more believable if it had come out immediately but considering that's the hill you want to do die on, whatever.

You're looking at solely from perspective in which Garrett's version is the only truth. Repeating "darned if you do, darned if you don't" doesn't mean its anything more than bumper sticker fodder.

Again, that's your opinion and opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one. I'm not the only one who would have found Garrett's version of events more believable if it had come out immediately but considering that's the hill you want to do die on, whatever.

You're looking at solely from perspective in which Garrett's version is the only truth. Repeating "darned if you do, darned if you don't" doesn't mean its anything more than bumper sticker fodder.
    You were upset you were left out. Got it 👌

You were upset you were left out. Got it 👌
    No, I just dont find his story as believable if it only comes out at the hearing in which his fate is decided and before you tell me about Hunt and Kitchens, I know.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-17-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Sure he could have misheard, but I don't believe it would be based on how loud the crowd is. Especially when they're right on top of each other
    the crowd was pretty loud...that sack was punctuating a pretty rare and satisfying (to them) Browns win over the Steelers......what if Rudolph did indeed yell something at Garrett but it was 'stupid s_it' and Garrett legitimately HEARD something else...and without an audio noone will ever convince him he heard wrong or Rudolph that he said something he's saying he didn't
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I've been at Panthers games that were so loud before/during plays that I couldn't talk to my friend next to me, and we have a pretty ****** fanbase, so I think you're underestimating how loud the Browns fanbase probably was on a big sack while beating the Steelers. For example, it's not uncommon for away team QBs to have trouble communicating with their center because of noise.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

No, I just dont find his story as believable if it only comes out at the hearing in which his fate is decided and before you tell me about Hunt and Kitchens, I know.
    So if it is never leaked at the hearing then what? What are you left with?

More conjecture on you think it would've came out anyway?

So if it is never leaked at the hearing then what? What are you left with?

More conjecture on you think it would've came out anyway?
    You're left with someone who presumably got super heated in an NFL brawl and made a dumb mistake. That happens. I'm not persecuting Garrett for what he did. It was reckless but the NFL is a violent sport. I'm not buying his version of events because the racial side of it didn't come up until the hearing imo. Again, you can point to Hunt and Kitchens but they haven't confirmed something racist was said either.

https://sports.yahoo.com/john-dorsey...222709104.html

Former Browns General Manager John Dorsey confirmed Myles Garrett‘s account of what happened immediately after the defensive end’s ejection Nov. 14 against the Steelers.

Garrett said he told Dorsey, coaches and defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi that Mason Rudolph‘s use of a racial slur is what set him off. The Steelers quarterback repeatedly has denied the allegation, most recently in a Saturday statement.

Dorsey confirmed to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal on Monday that Garrett had informed the team of his racial slur accusation postgame.

“Correct,” Dorsey told Ulrich. “It’s the truth.”

That follows what Dorsey said in a prepared statement Nov. 21 in which he said Garrett “was open and honest with us about the incident from the start.”

Garrett served a six-game suspension for ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and bashing the quarterback over the head with it. The NFL reinstated Garrett last week, and a day later, Garrett conducted an interview with ESPN’s Mina Kimes in which he doubled down on his accusation against Rudolph.

Garrett told reporters after the game that “they’ve just got to go look for it; I’m not going to comment on it” when asked if Rudolph said something to him. The accusation became public Nov. 20 after Garrett made it in his appeal hearing with the NFL.
    So, to all the kids saying that Myles didn't tell anyone directly after the game, we have FORMER Browns GM John Dorsey saying that he told Ogunjobi, coaches, and Dorsey himself immediately after the game.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Also, Garrett's hit on Rudolph was kind of an awkward tackle because Rudolph didn't go down immediately while Garrett held onto him. Anyone trying to insinuate that no one can say anything during such a thing is full of ****.

Watch the 28-35 second clip of this video and you'll see there was plenty of time for Rudolph to say something, especially while they were both on the ground.

Last edited by Vee-Rex; 02-17-2020 at 09:22 PM.

So if I hear one more blockhead acting like Myles didn't initially say it was a racial slur and only tried to use it to get out of his appeal...

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/john-dorsey...222709104.html

So, to all the kids saying that Myles didn't tell anyone directly after the game, we have FORMER Browns GM John Dorsey saying that he told Ogunjobi, coaches, and Dorsey himself immediately after the game.
    Where was the account of this in November? Why didn't this come out after the hearing even? The article is published from today.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-17-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Where was the account of this in November? Why didn't this come out after the hearing even? The article is published from today.
    Dorsey said that Myles was open with coaches about everything right after it happened. He said that in a statement right after the incident.

Now, he's confirming, today, that Myles told him and coaches and Ogunjobi that it was a racial slur that set him off.

What are you missing from this?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast