Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You should watch Garrett's interview immediately after the game. It's pretty clear that something was said that pissed him off. At that time, post-game, he just assumed audio of it would come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2A0mB8gtCk&t=65

Reporter: "Did Mason say something? Is that what started it?"
    Garrett: "You just gotta go look at it."
    Again, why didn't he say Rudolph used the N-word in the post game interview then? Someone who has been this vocal about why he did it and it doesn't come out until after he is indefinitely suspended? Nah, I'm not buying it. It sounds like an attempt to gather sympathy and a convenient excuse when if it was such a strong point of contention, it should have come out immediately after the game.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-16-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Are you sure the interview was fully rehearsed and the questions known in advance?

Here is the quote (from https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...ls-espn.html):
    Yes. Itís common to know what questions are expected and which ones arenít. Thatís part of pre-production. I am 100% confident that it was relayed to Myles team that they were going to ask him to rehash those events. So either he didnít tell anyone he was going to answer that way, or whoever in a PR standpoint was helping him provided him with bad information on where the mic is located.

FWIW itís always an OG or OC micíd up for every game. For us itís usually DDC. And itís been reported that Nick Chubb was another player micíd up. Not often do two players in the same game get the mic for broadcast. Iíd be interested in hearing if Fox or the NFL confirms this.

Anyways as for the first part:
    Even if they didnít relay ahead the questions, if he and his team didnít think that he would be asked to retell it, then something is missing. Someone slipped up in their job to prep him for the interview. And maybe that person should be looked at by Myles of do I really want his/her advice.

No, because Garrett grew up in a two-parent, somewhat wealthy household. Based on everything Mason Rudolph has done during and after the incident, it's pretty clear prodigy's assessment of him is correct. Racism is by definition about generalizations and systemic issues. I don't think prodigy believes every white person acts like Mason Rudolph.
    My point is he and pretty much everyone here know nothing about either player's home life, especially Rudolph because he's a nobody. Everything he has said so far has been a generalization of him based on him being white and being involved in this situation.

This started out about schools, right? The way public school funding works, white flight is obviously bad. Every child should have the same educational opportunities, but that's obviously not the case. And again, wealth and race are only linked due to historic realities.

Gentrification is bad, by the way, because the whole point of it is to jack up the rent. It goes back to the point above. Why should anyone be allowed to collect rent because their parents owned properties? What kind of meritocracy is that? Landlords are the worst kind of leeches in society, living off of other people's work just so they have a place to live. Gentrification leads to fun stats like cities having three times as many empty apartments as homeless people.
    And now we're jumping down an entirely new political rabbit hole that we'll have to disagree on. The public school system is complete garbage regardless of how much money you throw at it, but yet again, nobody should be shamed for moving, especially because the money grubbing government being upset that they can't continue to piss away their taxes.

Gentrification isn't just stereotypical sleazy landlords cranking up rent, it's also described as changing the culture of the neighborhood. There's no other word designed to people shame POC for moving into a white neighborhood, but white people are basically supposed to stay out of historically non-white neighborhoods. There's nothing wrong with owning properties, and implying inheritance is the only way to obtain them is wrong. I'm guessing you're pretty far left leaning and pretty pro-government, so we aren't going to see eye to eye, politically, I guess.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Again, why didn't he say Rudolph used the N-word in the post game interview then? Someone who has been this vocal about why he did it and it doesn't come out until after he is indefinitely suspended? Nah, I'm not buying it. It sounds like an attempt to gather sympathy and a convenient excuse when if it was such a strong point of contention, it should have come out immediately after the game.
    I think its a darned if ya do, darned if ya don't situation.

If he says it in the immediate aftermath it sounds like he's using it as an excuse for his actions. He woulda been lit up for it, like josina anderson was the night of the incident and was forced to retract her statement.

But, if he waits to say it, we obviously have this side we're seeing now where no one believes him.

Furthermore, at his "closed" appeal hearing it was leaked. So in reality, once it was leaked then he almost has to speak on it again, even though it was never meant to be public knowledge.

Anyway, if it were said or not said, no one was going to believe him, because he was the one who ripped a guys helmet off and bonked him on the head.

Rarely is anyone questioning 1) why Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin and tried to rip his helmet off first. 2) why Rudolph felt the need to charge at Garrett helmet-less, while Garrett was backing away and being restrained in his own words "I had a bone to pick with him... I was angry". 3) why Rudolph tried to meet Garrett outside of the scrum after both teams ran onto the field and Garrett was punched and stomped out by Rudolph's teammates.

Seems like quite the double standard is at play.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think its a darned if ya do, darned if ya don't situation.

If he says it in the immediate aftermath it sounds like he's using it as an excuse for his actions. He woulda been lit up for it, like josina anderson was the night of the incident and was forced to retract her statement.

But, if he waits to say it, we obviously have this side we're seeing now where no one believes him.

Furthermore, at his "closed" appeal hearing it was leaked. So in reality, once it was leaked then he almost has to speak on it again, even though it was never meant to be public knowledge.

Anyway, if it were said or not said, no one was going to believe him, because he was the one who ripped a guys helmet off and bonked him on the head.

Rarely is anyone questioning 1) why Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin and tried to rip his helmet off first. 2) why Rudolph felt the need to charge at Garrett helmet-less, while Garrett was backing away and being restrained in his own words "I had a bone to pick with him... I was angry". 3) why Rudolph tried to meet Garrett outside of the scrum after both teams ran onto the field and Garrett was punched and stomped out by Rudolph's teammates.

Seems like quite the double standard is at play.
    My $0.02 is saying it right after would have had an effect. Yes some would have said ďit doesnít matter.Ē But I think the tone of the whole discussion would have been much different. Even if he didnít say it was the n-word but said ďHey look Mason said something that shouldnít be uttered, and I lost my cool over itĒ; I think it takes a very different route. But all he said on it is ďYouíll have to check the tape, itís there.Ē Thatís really open ended.

As for the last three points:
    1) That ďkickĒ happened when Garrett had him off the ground by the facemask. The chances of that being intentional are low. For the rip the helmet off....we donít know. No one held Masons feet to the fire and should have.
    2) Again who knows but thatís been questioned. Also can we stop saying he was backing away? He was being pushed back by DeCastro. No one is sure if he would have walked away if DeCastro wasnít there.
    3) That one didnít happen. After he got shoved from behind he was held back and outside the edges of the scrum. ďStomped outĒ. Lol. One kick that didnít even connect.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    My $0.02 is saying it right after would have had an effect. Yes some would have said ďit doesnít matter.Ē But I think the tone of the whole discussion would have been much different. Even if he didnít say it was the n-word but said ďHey look Mason said something that shouldnít be uttered, and I lost my cool over itĒ; I think it takes a very different route. But all he said on it is ďYouíll have to check the tape, itís there.Ē Thatís really open ended.

As for the last three points:
    1) That ďkickĒ happened when Garrett had him off the ground by the facemask. The chances of that being intentional are low. For the rip the helmet off....we donít know. No one held Masons feet to the fire and should have.
    2) Again who knows but thatís been questioned. Also can we stop saying he was backing away? He was being pushed back by DeCastro. No one is sure if he would have walked away if DeCastro wasnít there.
    3) That one didnít happen. After he got shoved from behind he was held back and outside the edges of the scrum. ďStomped outĒ. Lol. One kick that didnít even connect.
    They read the same to me. Myles apology seemed sincere the night of and the media leaking it at his appeal was wrong but it's the media, its wat they do. josina anderson obviously caught wind of something the night of and Garrett obviously told Kitchens something too.

1. Exactly we don't know but it gets passed over a lot.
    2. Backing away or not, dude was restrained. If he's being held and dude keeps charging because he is mad and has a bone to pick, by Mason's own words, I don't think he was going over there to give him a hug or talk, but again, this gets passed over.
    3. Rudolph was shrugging off teammates, refs and coaches to get back in there. Just so happened to be 10 to 12 Browns and 18 to 20 Steelers between them.

At any rate, my point is, it's a double standard. Rudolph gets a pass and benefit of the doubt where Garrett gets none.

Rudolph didn't get ejected from the game for fighting, so refs gave him a pass. And he didn't get suspended for any games, only fined, which he still never paid, so the league gave him a pass.

Just because someone gets beat up in a fight, doesn't mean they weren't fighting. In this case, Rudolph just picked a fight with a big, stronger and more aggressive guy.

He got his butt whooped and sucks at football, maybe that's why everyone is going easy on him. Or it could be race related, that's not for me to decide.

If audio comes out, I'll listen. If it was deleted or "lost" that's another level of corruption.

Again... It's funny reading white people's posts that's essentially telling a black guy how he's supposed to respond to being called the n word.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They read the same to me. Myles apology seemed sincere the night of and the media leaking it at his appeal was wrong but it's the media, its wat they do. josina anderson obviously caught wind of something the night of and Garrett obviously told Kitchens something too.

1. Exactly we don't know but it gets passed over a lot.
    2. Backing away or not, dude was restrained. If he's being held and dude keeps charging because he is mad and has a bone to pick, by Mason's own words, I don't think he was going over there to give him a hug or talk, but again, this gets passed over.
    3. Rudolph was shrugging off teammates, refs and coaches to get back in there. Just so happened to be 10 to 12 Browns and 18 to 20 Steelers between them.

At any rate, my point is, it's a double standard. Rudolph gets a pass and benefit of the doubt where Garrett gets none.

Rudolph didn't get ejected from the game for fighting, so refs gave him a pass. And he didn't get suspended for any games, only fined, which he still never paid, so the league gave him a pass.

Just because someone gets beat up in a fight, doesn't mean they weren't fighting. In this case, Rudolph just picked a fight with a big, stronger and more aggressive guy.

He got his butt whooped and sucks at football, maybe that's why everyone is going easy on him. Or it could be race related, that's not for me to decide.

If audio comes out, I'll listen. If it was deleted or "lost" that's another level of corruption.
    Yup... Rudolph acted like a complete scumbag and people still think it's unfathomable that he would said what Garrett is saying he said. White privilege at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Again... It's funny reading white people's posts that's essentially telling a black guy how he's supposed to respond to being called the n word.
    Yup... Rudolph acted like a complete scumbag and people still think it's unfathomable that he would said what Garrett is saying he said. White privilege at it's finest.
    No one said how he should have acted or that it's unfathomable that it could have been said. And yes I will flat out admit that my views would change if Myles did not wait to say anything about something being said. I really don't care what you have to say about that. Waiting to say it makes it look worse from an optics standpoint when there's no evidence to back up that it was said.

In the end we don't know if it was or wasn't said. No one does except those two. The ******** thing here is if this does become a lawsuit and it's proven Mason said it, things get worse for him. If it becomes a lawsuit that Mason didn't say it.....there's still people that will think he said it and is racist.

No one said how he should have acted or that it's unfathomable that it could have been said. And yes I will flat out admit that my views would change if Myles did not wait to say anything about something being said. I really don't care what you have to say about that. Waiting to say it makes it look worse from an optics standpoint when there's no evidence to back up that it was said.

In the end we don't know if it was or wasn't said. No one does except those two. The ******** thing here is if this does become a lawsuit and it's proven Mason said it, things get worse for him. If it becomes a lawsuit that Mason didn't say it.....there's still people that will think he said it and is racist.
    Miles said something immediately after the game, qbeagles quotes it a few times. Itís easy to see he was alluding to ďsomethingĒ. Iím more inclined to think something was said than wasnít.

Or you know... He didn't want it to go public. I don't know why that's so unbelievable.

Or you know... He didn't want it to go public. I don't know why that's so unbelievable.
    Uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Miles said something immediately after the game, qbeagles quotes it a few times. Itís easy to see he was alluding to ďsomethingĒ. Iím more inclined to think something was said than wasnít.
    Right. And he didn't say exactly what he heard then either. His actions lend to the belief that he actually didn't want it known to the public... Literally the only reason anyone knows that he claimed Rudolph said a racial slur is because it was leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I know he said something. When asked why he did it, Myles said "Check the tape, it's all there."

I never said it's unbelievable. If we're going to say that he alluded to something being said like this on the night it happened, then we can't reasonably say he also didn't want the racial slur thing being private. Because if it was on tape, or people went back to listen for something, then he made it public right there by saying to look for it.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast